Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake levels

4 posters

Go down

Lake levels Empty Lake levels

Post by The Pantry 2023-02-02, 16:36

Lake Erie water levels continue falling from record highs. Here's every Great Lakes' 2023 forecast
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Lake levels Empty Re: Lake levels

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-02, 18:23

Saw an inland lake with low water and did some internet research. Seems that when the GL levels are down so are the inland lakes.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-02-02, 18:29

Trapper Gus wrote:Saw an inland lake with low water and did some internet research. Seems that when the GL levels are down so are the inland lakes.

Makes sense to me. A lot of lakes have streams flowing out of them, which merge with bigger streams and bigger rivers before terminating in the Great Lakes.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-02-02, 19:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Saw an inland lake with low water and did some internet research. Seems that when the GL levels are down so are the inland lakes.

Makes sense to me. A lot of lakes have streams flowing out of them, which merge with bigger streams and bigger rivers before terminating in the Great Lakes.
Think it was Nordic that posted pics of the beach at The Pinery (Lake Huron) few years back. Blew my mind. Last time there was 40-50 yards of sand before you got to the water. His pics showed that beach pretty much gone. Nice things are getting back near normal.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

TravelinMan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-02-02, 19:55

The Pantry wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Think it was Nordic that posted pics of the beach at The Pinery (Lake Huron) few years back.  Blew my mind.  Last time there was 40-50 yards of sand before you got to the water.  His pics showed that beach pretty much gone.  Nice things are getting back near normal.

That was probably 5+ years ago. Was at my old man's last weekend and saw a picture of what the beach looked back in the 80s. Definitely 60+ yards of beach.

I'm guessing it still looks like my last visit.

This year's forecast was still about 13 inches above Lake Erie's long-term monthly average for January.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-02-02, 20:14

Looks like the water levels were high back in the 80s too. I was there at least once a year back then and beach was always as you described. So what do I know.

Great Lakes Water Levels by Year
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-02-02, 20:31

Nordic wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Think it was Nordic that posted pics of the beach at The Pinery (Lake Huron) few years back.  Blew my mind.  Last time there was 40-50 yards of sand before you got to the water.  His pics showed that beach pretty much gone.  Nice things are getting back near normal.

That was probably 5+ years ago. Was at my old man's last weekend and saw a picture of what the beach looked back in the 80s. Definitely 60+ yards of beach.

I'm guessing it still looks like my last visit.

This year's forecast was still about 13 inches above Lake Erie's long-term monthly average for January.
Now's the time to make reservations if you want to go back. Love that place.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-02-02, 20:40

Video from 2022. Definitely lower than my pic, but nothing like when I was a kid

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down