Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread....

+7
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
TravelinMan
Trapper Gus
Robert J Sakimano
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... Empty tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread....

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-07, 06:47

I can't imagine what they'll whine about but you know they'll be voicing their unbridled rage associated with the perpetual victimhood of being born white.

"woke"... the China Spy Balloon.. Hunter Biden.. Benghazi.. "they're coming to confiscate your gas stoves right after they confiscate your guns and bibles"...."the brown people are coming to kill you, kill your children, eat your children, steal your house and take your job"...

oh, and Sarah Huckabee Colonel Sanders is giving the "official" GOP response. tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... 502811600 tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... Empty Re: tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread....

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-07, 06:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I can't imagine what they'll whine about but you know they'll be voicing their unbridled rage associated with the perpetual victimhood of being born white.

"woke"... the China Spy Balloon.. Hunter Biden.. Benghazi.. "they're coming to confiscate your gas stoves right after they confiscate your guns and bibles"...."the brown people are coming to kill you, kill your children, eat your children, steal your house and take your job"...

oh, and Sarah Huckabee Colonel Sanders is giving the "official" GOP response. tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... 502811600 tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... 502811600

Sarah may be big, but she is no "Big Gretch"!
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... Empty Re: tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread....

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-07, 07:02

Trapper Gus wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I can't imagine what they'll whine about but you know they'll be voicing their unbridled rage associated with the perpetual victimhood of being born white.

Sarah may be big, but she is no "Big Gretch"!
nothing says "toughness" like someone who finds books and pronouns scary.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-07, 10:06

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2023/02/03/president-biden-should-aim-higher-in-his-state-of-the-union-address/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-07, 12:22

Trapper Gus wrote:https://washingtonmonthly.com/2023/02/03/president-biden-should-aim-higher-in-his-state-of-the-union-address/
Biden is a great American.

One of the greatest Americans, actually.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-02-07, 12:37

I saw an article this morning on the importance of tSOTU speech, and that were Biden to be reelected, he'd be 86 at the end of his second term.

I vaguely knew that, but HOLY MOLY when you spell it out like that, that's crazy town.

My dad is 82 and I don't like him driving to the grocery store, let alone trying to run a country.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

I.B. Fine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-02-07, 13:15

Yeah, not ideal. But his policies have been adequate (To some of us) and his production has been exceptional. So, until he starts befriending dictators or paying sex workers with campaign funds, he's still my guy.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Floyd Robertson, Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-07, 18:15

TravelinMan wrote:I saw an article this morning on the importance of tSOTU speech, and that were Biden to be reelected, he'd be 86 at the end of his second term.

I vaguely knew that, but HOLY MOLY when you spell it out like that, that's crazy town.

My dad is 82 and I don't like him driving to the grocery store, let alone trying to run a country.
 a) I can't imagine a world in which I'd be so bored that I'd watch the State of the Union.

b) I doubt I'll live to however old Sleepy Joe is. The fact that he's still alive and can put one foot in front of the other makes him a better man than I am.

c) I don't trust myself to boil water without supervision.

The country ain't that difficult to run if you surround yourself with the right people. I trust Sleepy Joe to do that more than I'd trust myself to change a light bulb.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-02-07, 18:21

Put me down as also voting for Biden over Bob, if given the choice.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-07, 18:39

Cameron wrote:Put me down as also voting for Biden over Bob, if given the choice.
tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... 969504605

Good choice, dude. I would screw up a one car funeral.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-08, 08:21

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-08, 08:25

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-08, 08:26

Trapper Gus wrote:
what a great American.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-08, 08:36

President Biden"s SOTU address reminds me of Kurt Gibson's walk off home run for the Dodgers in the WS.

Everyone is believing, "there is no way the "old man" can get a hit", then he shows everyone they are believing the wrong thing and the wrong people in dramatic fashion.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-08, 09:02

Trapper Gus wrote:President Biden"s SOTU address reminds me of Kurt Gibson's walk off home run for the Dodgers in the WS.

Everyone is believing, "there is no way the "old man" can get a hit", then he shows everyone they are believing the wrong thing and the wrong people in dramatic fashion.
that's the greatest part of the whiny, right wing mantra about him being old and having dementia.

an old guy with dementia constantly owns them and defeated their christian hero in a landslide. Somehow they fail to connect the dots. tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-02-08, 09:05

Trapper Gus wrote:President Biden"s SOTU address reminds me of Kurt Gibson's walk off home run for the Dodgers in the WS.

It reminds me more of Kirk gibson’s 3 run home run against the San Diego padres on june 19 1988

A nice moment for all involved at the time but ultimately fairly inconsequential when looking back
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-08, 09:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

It reminds me more of Kirk gibson’s 3 run home run against the San Diego padres on june 19 1988

A nice moment for all involved at the time but ultimately fairly inconsequential when looking back

I sort of get what you are saying, however watching Biden at work is like watching Yoda. It seems like he isn't doing much, but somehow a whole bunch of stuff that he wants to happen, happens.

The last two years have been some of the most productive years in terms of new policies from the US Government in decades. Biden is such a master inside Washington politician that we don't even see what he is doing, but betting against him is not a smart bet.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-02-08, 09:47

Trapper Gus wrote:

I sort of get what you are saying, however watching Biden at work is like watching Yoda. It seems like he isn't doing much, but somehow a whole bunch of stuff that he wants to happen, happens.

The last two years have been some of the most productive years in terms of new policies from the US Government in decades. Biden is such a master inside Washington politician that we don't even see what he is doing, but betting against him is not a smart bet.

Travis is the wrong person to make a favorable Yoda comparison to. Travis does not like Yoda.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-08, 09:49

Cameron wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Travis is the wrong person to make a favorable Yoda comparison to. Travis does not like Yoda.

Oh Noes! Sorry Travis. Replace Yoda with Izzo?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-02-08, 10:08

Trapper Gus wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It’s too late. The damage is done.

You tried to defend the guy by comparing him to the most incompetent boob ever to exist in fiction. A completely ineffectual leader who let the bad guys take over after millennia in the darkness, and they did it by hiding directly in front of his stupid green face.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-08, 10:08

how did the Sarah Huckabee Colonel Sanders portion of the evening go?

did she manage to successfully grunt a bunch of monosyllabic phrases while whining about white victimhood?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-08, 10:27

Trapper Gus wrote:

You tried to defend the guy by comparing him to the most incompetent boob ever to exist in fiction. A completely ineffectual leader who let the bad guys take over after millennia in the darkness, and they did it by hiding directly in front of his stupid green face.

Oh, but the good guys won in the end, which is what Biden did in the first two years, so it still works, regardless of the idea that everyday should be milk & honey.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-08, 10:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:how did the Sarah Huckabee Colonel Sanders portion of the evening go?

did she manage to successfully grunt a bunch of monosyllabic phrases while whining about white victimhood?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/2/7/2151706/-Just-released-transcript-of-Sarah-Huckabee-Sanders-SOTU-rebuttal

Pretty sure this is satire, but not as far off as it should be.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-02-08, 11:00

Trapper Gus wrote:

Oh, but the good guys won in the end

Thanks in large part to completely ignoring what yoda tell them to do
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-02-08, 14:13

Trapper Gus wrote:

Oh, but the good guys won in the end, which is what Biden did in the first two years, so it still works, regardless of the idea that everyday should be milk & honey.

The Rebels weren't the good guys. It was the Rebels that were attempting to overthrow a government.

The Empire did nothing wrong.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-02-08, 14:34

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

The Rebels weren't the good guys.  It was the Rebels that were attempting to overthrow a government.

Nah, very bad hot take.

It’s been a popular refrain for years but it’s due to the movies not really showing much of what the empire did, and it already having been well established.

If you haven’t seen more recent stuff like andor or obi wan that take place between the movies, the do a pretty good job of showing why the empire is evil. What with the random murder, oppression, slavery, displacement, etc.

Of course, that doesn’t make yoda and the Jedi “good.” They’re a dogmatic religion that steals children from their families, forces them to live this religion where they’re allowed no attachments amongst other things. That’s all pretty fucked up too, and why luke chooses to abandon it instead of rebuild it later on.

Anyway, fuck yoda

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2023-02-08, 14:34; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-02-08, 14:34

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

The Rebels weren't the good guys. It was the Rebels that were attempting to overthrow a government.

You’re a confederate sympathizer aren’t you? Yee haw!!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-02-08, 15:03

TravelinMan wrote:

The Rebels weren't the good guys.  It was the Rebels that were attempting to overthrow a government.

Nah, very bad hot take.

It’s been a popular refrain for years but it’s due to the movies not really showing much of what the empire did, and it already having been well established.

If you haven’t seen more recent stuff like andor or obi wan that take place between the movies, the do a pretty good job of showing why the empire is evil. What with the random murder, oppression, slavery, displacement, etc.

Of course, that doesn’t make yoda and the Jedi “good.” They’re a dogmatic religion that steals children from their families, forces them to live this religion where they’re allowed no attachments amongst other things. That’s all pretty fucked up too, and why luke chooses to abandon it instead of rebuild it later on.

Anyway, fuck yoda

Pish posh. Rebel propaganda.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-02-08, 15:04

Motown Spartan wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

You’re a confederate sympathizer aren’t you? Yee haw!!

Of course not. The Confederates were attempting to break up an established government. That's on par with the Star Wars Rebels.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-02-08, 16:03

TravelinMan wrote:

Nah, very bad hot take.

Anyway, fuck yoda

Pish posh.  Rebel propaganda.

I mean cute, but really if you’ve seen those more recent things and agree with the empire then that’s pretty fuckin gross tbh
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-02-08, 19:23

TravelinMan wrote:

Pish posh.  Rebel propaganda.

I mean cute, but really if you’ve seen those more recent things and agree with the empire then that’s pretty fuckin gross tbh

I'll admit I stopped watching around Episode 9. Someone said there were cartoons that were really good, but I'm a grown adult, so, nah...
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-09, 07:51

Trapper Gus wrote:

Oh, but the good guys won in the end

Thanks in large part to completely ignoring what yoda tell them to do

Beginning to see there is a contingent of Star Wars fans on here. Sorry, only watched the 9 movies but if anyone wants to argue about the "Doctor" I'm partly interested.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-02-09, 13:17

I just read that Sarah Huckabee Colonel Sanders said something like "you have a choice between crazy and normal".

and by "normal" she meant Republicans... and by "crazy" she meant Democrats..  tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... 502811600 tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... 502811600 tOfficial State of The Union Mainstream Media/GOP Outrage Thread.... 502811600

the GOP has literally given up on pretending to be interested in leading America and doing what's best for Americans. They used to pretend.. they're not even pretending anymore.

and it actually reiterates why the right wing folks here just give up and go away. Even they can't defend it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-02-09, 13:26

TravelinMan wrote:I saw an article this morning on the importance of tSOTU speech, and that were Biden to be reelected, he'd be 86 at the end of his second term.

Feel sorry for your dad.

My father lived alone, drove to get groceries, did his own laundry, fixed his meals and still vacuumed the house weekly. He made a deal with the neighbor to clean his driveway and the neighbor got to use the snow blower on his driveway too. Right up to nearly his 86th birthday.

Your concern about Biden's age is typical of your other opinions. Always covering for the GOP positions since you started posting years ago.

There was no handwringing when you voted for candidate with a long history of being a sociopathic liar twice.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-02-09, 14:39

My Dad is 80 and he just changed a brake line which blew out in my driveway on his old van....(has the money, too cheap to buy a new ride i guess, old guy thing??)
That said, a brake line blowing out is scary for any age.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-02-09, 15:31

TravelinMan wrote:

I'll admit I stopped watching around Episode 9. Someone said there were cartoons that were really good, but I'm a grown adult, so, nah...

Andor in particular is really good and worth watching, not a cartoon. I liked obi wan, but other reviews are more mixed.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-02-09, 15:41

AvgMSUJoe wrote:My Dad is 80 and he just changed a brake line which blew out in my driveway on his old van....(has the money, too cheap to buy a new ride i guess, old guy thing??)

Which is why hydraulic brake systems have two separate systems, two wheels each.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-02-09, 15:53

Trapper Gus wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:My Dad is 80 and he just changed a brake line which blew out in my driveway on his old van....(has the money, too cheap to buy a new ride i guess, old guy thing??)

Which is why hydraulic brake systems have two separate systems, two wheels each.

and a cable/mechanical backup.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-02-09, 18:46

GRR Spartan wrote:

Feel sorry for your dad.

My father lived alone, drove to get groceries, did his own laundry, fixed his meals and still vacuumed the house weekly. He made a deal with the neighbor to clean his driveway and the neighbor got to use the snow blower on his driveway too. Right up to nearly his 86th birthday.

Your concern about Biden's age is typical of your other opinions. Always covering for the GOP positions since you started posting years ago.

There was no handwringing when you voted for candidate with a long history of being a sociopathic liar twice.

Which candidate was that? I haven't voted anything but Democrat since 2016, so let me know.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2023-02-09, 22:10

If he runs, I’m voting for him. The harder race will be the senate. Map doesn’t look good.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next