Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An MSU professor made students pay $99 each to sign up for her activist website. Now they’re suing.

4 posters

Go down

An MSU professor made students pay $99 each to sign up for her activist website. Now they’re suing. Empty An MSU professor made students pay $99 each to sign up for her activist website. Now they’re suing.

Post by Turtleneck 2023-05-23, 12:20

Adjunct professor, which is never stressed in these types of articles, and no longer being offered classes (meaning they were let go).

While I sympathize with the professor's frustration with American politics and society, you cannot make students buy subscriptions to your website if it is unrelated to class content, used sparingly, or simply duplicates existing material. That is common sense ethics. The students sound annoying and afraid to think, and they have been refunded, so I don't know how much more money they are owed, but it's hard to believe this professor thought this was a good idea.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2023/05/an-msu-professor-made-students-pay-99-each-to-sign-up-for-her-activist-website-now-theyre-suing.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

An MSU professor made students pay $99 each to sign up for her activist website. Now they’re suing. Empty Re: An MSU professor made students pay $99 each to sign up for her activist website. Now they’re suing.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-05-23, 12:41

Turtleneck wrote:Adjunct professor, which is never stressed in these types of articles, and no longer being offered classes (meaning they were let go).

While I sympathize with the adjunct professor's frustration with American politics and society, you cannot make students buy subscriptions to your website if it is unrelated to class content, used sparingly, or simply duplicates existing material. That is common sense ethics. The students sound annoying and afraid to think, and they have been refunded, so I don't know how much more money they are owed, but it's hard to believe this adjunct professor thought this was a good idea.

https://www.mlive.com/news/2023/05/an-msu-professor-made-students-pay-99-each-to-sign-up-for-her-activist-website-now-theyre-suing.html

FTFY
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

An MSU professor made students pay $99 each to sign up for her activist website. Now they’re suing. Empty Re: An MSU professor made students pay $99 each to sign up for her activist website. Now they’re suing.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-23, 12:47

this will be the lead story tonight on SportsCenter.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-05-23, 13:19

At CMU my kid had to attend a play for an English class to write about it. The prof was in it. Like $35 tickets. That bugged me.
...Of course who knows what they actually said to him though. He might have just been duping his old man for beer money.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-05-23, 13:30

AvgMSUJoe wrote:At CMU my kid had to attend a play for an English class to write about it. The prof was in it. Like $35 tickets. That bugged me.
...Of course who knows what they actually said to him though. He might have just been duping his old man for beer money.

He was and I respect it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-05-23, 13:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Adjunct professor, which is never stressed in these types of articles, and no longer being offered classes (meaning they were let go).

While I sympathize with the adjunct professor's frustration with American politics and society, you cannot make students buy subscriptions to your website if it is unrelated to class content, used sparingly, or simply duplicates existing material. That is common sense ethics. The students sound annoying and afraid to think, and they have been refunded, so I don't know how much more money they are owed, but it's hard to believe this adjunct professor thought this was a good idea.

FTFY

The only reason I mentioned it was because it will be made into a "higher education's liberal agenda" thing, but adjuncts do not have the same responsibility to their employer and work at a greater distance from university and college life.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down