Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sound The Alarm?

+5
NigelUno
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
steveschneider
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sound The Alarm? Empty Sound The Alarm?

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-27, 07:07

Vegas odds are even and the indictments are backfiring.

Saudis and Russians are doing their part to raise gas prices as a Trump win is a win for them.

Labor market is cooling, and higher interest rates/inflation is a regressive tax. People with the links to charts and Paul Krugman articles need to start figuring why there is a disconnect between their charts that say it’s a strong economy and the working class that say it’s not. If people think they’ll have more money to pay the bills when trump is in office and they are struggling to pay them now that’s a problem.

A recession is also still possible and could show up in 2024.

Also, third party threats are forming and even though I was a fan in 2020 - can Biden do a campaign? And we haven’t even covered AI deep fakes, a wide spread misinformation campaign like we’ve never seen before.

Gulp. Time to sound the alarms?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Sound The Alarm? Empty Re: Sound The Alarm?

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-27, 08:16

Consumer sentiment fell 4.3% in September for higher-income households — earning at least $100,000 a year. It fell 2.8% for middle-income folks and 0.5% for low-income households.

https://www.axios.com/2023/09/27/american-economy-gas-prices-consumer-sentiment

Hard to feel bad about the higher income households.  Just more of the zeitgeist of the "victim" culture that we have all bought into, IMO.

Also lazy reporting as 75% of the prices on goods have been falling.

The feelings are real, of course, and not good for Biden, but since the MSM seems love amplify the negative it's to be expected.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-27, 08:26

Trapper Gus wrote:
Consumer sentiment fell 4.3% in September for higher-income households — earning at least $100,000 a year. It fell 2.8% for middle-income folks and 0.5% for low-income households.

Hard to feel bad about the higher income households. Just more of the zeitgeist of the "victim" culture that we have all bought into, IMO.

Dems better wake the fuck up regarding what that article is saying. There’s a serious disconnect about the economy and too often some person well off explains to people struggle by showing them data charts that things aren’t that bad. The data the people struggling are looking at is their rising bills, costs, their rising debt and their shrinking savings.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-27, 08:37

steveschneider wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Hard to feel bad about the higher income households. Just more of the zeitgeist of the "victim" culture that we have all bought into, IMO.

Dems better wake the fuck up regarding what that article is saying. There’s a serious disconnect about the economy and too often some person well off explains to people struggle by showing them data charts that things aren’t that bad. The data the people struggling are looking at is their rising bills, costs, their rising debt and their shrinking savings.

Pretty sure the politicians are aware of the issues Steve, but maybe you should be writing to them instead of on a random message board if you think they aren't.

Biden is facing an establishment that is doing what it can to hurt his chances in 2024. He has done a bunch to help the economy, however, those things typically take years to take effect.

As noted, the MSM wants a horse race & loves Trump, if for the "clicks" or because the MSMs like tax cuts for its owners, so they aren't going to cut Biden any slack, no matter how well he does, and they aren't going to criticize Trump no matter how much of a slim ball he is and how literally he is proposing tearing down the United States.

Looks like a bumpy ride.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-27, 08:58

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Pretty sure the politicians are aware of the issues Steve, but maybe you should be writing to them instead of on a random message board if you think they aren't.

Biden is facing an establishment that is doing what it can to hurt his chances in 2024. He has done a bunch to help the economy, however, those things typically take years to take effect.

As noted, the MSM wants a horse race & loves Trump, if for the "clicks" or because the MSMs like tax cuts for its owners, so they aren't going to cut Biden any slack, no matter how well he does, and they aren't going to criticize Trump no matter how much of a slim ball he is and how literally he is proposing tearing down the United States.

Looks like a bumpy ride.

How about you go write a politician and I’ll keep on posting. :)
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-27, 09:00

steveschneider wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Biden is facing an establishment that is doing what it can to hurt his chances in 2024.  He has done a bunch to help the economy, however, those things typically take years to take effect.

Looks like a bumpy ride.

How about you shut up if you aren't going to walk the walk.

I do write to my elected officials on issues that merit it, the last one was keeping mandatory "Christianity" out of the military, and you should get off your fat ass and do the same.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-27, 09:19

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I do write to my elected officials on issues that merit it, the last one was keeping mandatory "Christianity" out of the military, and you should get off your fat ass and do the same.

Im not fat at all and I’m not going to follow your orders. Thanks for writing those letters I think you deserve a participation trophy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-27, 09:20

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I don’t have a fat ass at all. You sure that wasn’t your wife?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-27, 09:24

lol - you are melting down over a figurative characterization of someone who is just sitting around "armchair quarterbacking" others.

Take a deep breath, get up walk around the block and calm down, cupcake.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-09-27, 11:26

steveschneider wrote:Vegas odds are even and the indictments are backfiring.

Saudis and Russians are doing their part to raise gas prices as a Trump win is a win for them.

Labor market is cooling, and higher interest rates/inflation is a regressive tax. People with the links to charts and Paul Krugman articles need to start figuring why there is a disconnect between their charts that say it’s a strong economy and the working class that say it’s not. If people think they’ll have more money to pay the bills when trump is in office and they are struggling to pay them now that’s a problem.

Also, third party threats are forming and even though I was a fan in 2020 - can Biden do a campaign? And we haven’t even covered AI deep fakes, a wide spread misinformation campaign like we’ve never seen before.

stop watching the mainstream media, dude. Leave that to the bible-thumpin' knuckle-scrapers who need their marching orders and talking points.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-27, 12:12

Trapper Gus wrote:lol - you are melting down over a figurative characterization of someone who is just sitting around "armchair quarterbacking" others.

I’m calm just going one for one with YOUR insults and your condescending tone. Happy to have a  more adult discussion, Fruit cake.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-27, 12:32

steveschneider wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:lol - you are melting down over a figurative characterization of someone who is just sitting around "armchair quarterbacking" others.

I’m calm just going one for one with YOUR insults and your condescending tone. Happy to have a  more adult discussion, Fruit cake.

You were the one whose "tone" evoked my response, so back at you, sweetheart.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-09-27, 13:25

Sound The Alarm? 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-09-27, 14:04

Cupcake...fruitcake...

What's for lunch?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-09-27, 14:30

Pie
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-27, 15:11

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Sound The Alarm? 502811600

I’m glad you called me back to this board my friend. It’s a tough rebuild but I’m the man for the job.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2023-09-28, 01:19

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Sound The Alarm? 502811600

I’m glad you called me back to this board my friend. It’s a tough rebuild but I’m the man for the job.

I never called you back, bro.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-28, 06:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Oh yes you did. You started a thread that reached me on the old board via a few of my fans. I read it and came back. That was the call, Broseph. Don’t worry you did a good thing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-09-28, 21:45

steveschneider wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Oh yes you did. You started a thread that reached me on the old board via a few of my fans. I read it and came back. That was the call, Broseph. Don’t worry you did a good thing.

It kind of seems like your mind is completely warped by media.  Everything you've been posting is exaggerated and extremely alarmist.  Some kind of Trump psy op guerilla marketing campaign appears to be working on you where he impresses the strong feeling on you that this country is a wasteland. Quite a bit crazy
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-29, 06:40

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

It kind of seems like your mind is completely warped by media.  Everything you've been posting is exaggerated and extremely alarmist.  Some kind of Trump psy op guerilla marketing campaign appears to be working on you where he impresses the strong feeling on you that this country is a wasteland. Quite a bit crazy

You are making some big leaps and wildly inaccurate assumptions about me. I can safely say you don’t know anything about me at all. Nothing.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-29, 06:47

steveschneider wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

You are making some big leaps and wildly inaccurate assumptions about me. I can safely say you don’t know anything about me at all. Nothing.

He is only going by what you post, and on that I agree with him.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-29, 06:52

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Read like a lame attack to me which is something you also did a few times. No substance just a message board attack ie another routine post on the Swill. Nothing I haven’t seen before.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-29, 06:54

And not only that his response was to a post I made to otpt that was just some friendly banter. Get some coffee and get with it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-29, 06:57

And speaking of sounding the alarm Biden’s Arizona speech.

“"We should all remember: democracies don't have to die at the end of a rifle," Biden said. "They can die when people are silent, when they fail to stand up, or condemn threats to democracy."”

WOW
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-29, 06:57

steveschneider wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Read like a lame attack to me which is something you also did a few times. No substance just a message board attack ie another routine post on the Swill. Nothing I haven’t seen before.

Steve, you are the one posting agitating posts, just MSM talking points, with no back up or links.

Not exactly what anyone would call serious on your part.

Chicken Little claimed the sky was falling on little evidence also.

edit - also, though he did quote the post you refer to it is clear that he is posting about your entire posting in the thread, not just one post.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2023-09-29, 07:07; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-29, 06:58

steveschneider wrote:And speaking of sounding the alarm Biden’s Arizona speech.

“"We should all remember: democracies don't have to die at the end of a rifle," Biden said. "They can die when people are silent, when they fail to stand up, or condemn threats to democracy."”

WOW

Biden is correct, so what is your issue on this?

We have Trump & the Republicans saying that the Chairmen of the Joint Chiefs of Staff should be killed, and the Republican's plan, if they win the Presidency, is to dismantle the structure of the Federal government and make all the employees political hacks only answerable to the President, which is stupid, and no patriot could possibly vote for that.

https://plus.thebulwark.com/p/the-fear-factor-in-republican-politics-trump
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-29, 07:21

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Steve, you are the one posting agitating posts, just MSM talking points, with no back up or links.

edit - also, though he did quote the post you refer to it is clear that he is posting about your entire posting in the thread, not just one post.

The post he quoted was a little side banter and veering off topic a bit. If he has something specific he wants to call out I’m all ears but just seemed like a disorganized attack post.

Also, I’ll stand up and say it the mainstream media does a better job of informing us than message boards. I called out a conspiracy about Mel Tucker and Suzy Merchant that was pure BS and got a nasty response from the pregame thread starter. You gotta just chuckle.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-29, 07:25

steveschneider wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

The post he quoted was a little side banter and veering off topic a bit. If he has something specific he wants to call out I’m all ears but just seemed like a disorganized attack post.

Also, I’ll stand up and say it the mainstream media does a better job of informing us than message boards. I called out a conspiracy about Mel Tucker and Suzy Merchant that was pure BS and got a nasty response from the pregame thread starter. You gotta just chuckle.

Steve, you are using a BS defense that is sometimes used on message boards, and you know it, thus I will not cut you any slack here.  Anyone with a brain understood he is talking about the thread as a whole, not the one post.

edit - that Suzy rumor was stated by a MSM person on a podcast.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2023-09-29, 08:38; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-29, 08:38

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Steve, you are using a BS defense that is sometimes used on message boards, and you know it, thus I will not cut you any slack here. Anyone with a brain understood he is talking about the thread as a whole, not the one post.

Everything I wrote up above can be properly substantiated. There’s a reasonable basis for everything I wrote full stop period. Get off your miniature horse and stop lecturing me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-29, 08:38

Trapper Gus wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Steve, you are using a BS defense that is sometimes used on message boards, and you know it, thus I will not cut you any slack here. Anyone with a brain understood he is talking about the thread as a whole, not the one post.

Everything I wrote up above can be properly substantiated. There’s a reasonable basis for everything I wrote full stop period. Get off your miniature horse and stop lecturing me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-09-29, 09:14

Steve wrote:Everything I wrote up above can be properly substantiated. There’s a reasonable basis for everything I wrote full stop period. Get off your miniature horse and stop lecturing me.

Steve wrote:Vegas odds are even and the indictments are backfiring.

Betting odds are factual, I suppose, & the indictments are a matter of the law, not a political strategy. In terms of the Biden campaign strategy or something for them to be concerned about these don't fly.

Controlling the oil supply has multi-motives. First is making more money. Trying to tank the US economy could be a secondary affect. The US itself is producing more oil than ever, and as the top producer of oil can mitigate these countries actions. Also, at the proper time Biden could open the tap on the strategic oil reserves, as he did before the mid-terms.

Labor Market is cooling? From white-hot to yellow-hot, sure. Lots of jobs available & UE3 is still very low.

Higher Interest rates? Not stopping people from borrowing and spending, and not causing issues in the economy. For every borrower there is a lender making more money and getting better rates on savings.

Inflation? Inflation has rapidly cooled down, and there is some price deflation, about 75% of the basket of goods in the CPI. Yes, people don't like higher prices and Biden can point to a bunch of actions taken to reduce prices & increase wages if anyone cares about what he has done. Gas prices will be used against him, forsure, food maybe, though this year's grain prices are lower than last years, so that will work its way through the economy.

Disconnect between the fact that people say they are doing well but still feel the economy is bad. Time is probably the one thing that causes this to resolve itself. As long as the economy keeps humming along Biden just needs to keep pointing at all the Acts which passed Congress in his first two years that are creating jobs now.

A recession? Well, it's possible though most of the experts think very unlikely and are believing that the Fed has achieves a soft landing. If one happens Biden will need to be seen taking actions to help the situation.

Biden is doing a campaign, you complained about one of its central themes, defending democracy from the right-wing nut jobs & Trump. As for disinformation & AI, pretty sure, like advertising, these have been absorbed into the zeitgeist thus a majority of people know what is going on and are discounting what they see in the MSM and read on social media. The mindless partisans will cite it, though they know it is false, to support what they believe and would have done anyway, that's about it. As an example of how that works, look at how flat the "Hunter's Laptop" drop in October of 2020 went. It had no effect on the election.

So, these points are alarmist, but only mean anything if someone is looking to be alarmed.

I apologize to the rest of the board for this far too long reply which I didn't write ... TL:DW lol
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-09-29, 20:39

Some kind of Trump psy op guerilla marketing campaign appears to be working on you where he impresses the strong feeling on you that this country is a wasteland. Quite a bit crazy

I know you've been spouting what will soon become republican attack ads on topics that are parroted by certain media outlets.  The only things i'm saying about you is that
1. you're talking a little crazy (true)
2. you're relentlessly parroting repub and general media narratives about this country (true)
3. you seem to have the media driving your body (admittedly speculative but all evidence points to true)

Last edited by sεяεηιτλ on 2023-09-29, 20:45; edited 1 time in total
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-09-29, 20:43

also, though he did quote the post you refer to it is clear that he is posting about your entire posting in the thread, not just one post.

I was indeed talking about the body of work.  I just read post after post in a mindset that I feel occasionally after consuming WAY too much media in a given week, while experiencing sleep depravation and a migraine.  That is to say, extremely agitated sounding and a little crazy.  It's a hopeless paranoid mindset where the sky is literally falling in your world and there's no way to get out.  I bet he's also obsessively responding to twitter whack jobs in the right wing bubble, trying to make a political difference.  Been there, done that.  Just need to take a step back though and think rationally.  Otherwise it will wear you out and drive you actually crazy, not just occasionally crazy.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-05, 06:25

As Biden’s biggest fan on this board I’m rooting for him to pass the torch. A Gavin Newsom and Gretchen Whitmer ticket sounds like a winner to me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-10-05, 06:47

steveschneider wrote:As Biden’s biggest fan on this board I’m rooting for him to pass the torch. A Gavin Newsom and Gretchen Whitmer ticket sounds like a winner to me.

How about a Gretchen Whitmer and Gavin Newsom ticket?

Also, stop consuming Main Stream Media.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2023-10-05, 08:47

Motown Spartan wrote:

A popular theme around here. But what are you calling MSM?

Am I supposed to get my news from Twitter/X?
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-10-05, 09:01

Zurn wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

A popular theme around here.   But what are you calling MSM?

All the right wing propaganda such as Fox et al, which now with Sinclar running a local station angle with propaganda includes them.

The left wing propaganda isn't as bad, though, but it doesn't make it on MSM, except maybe for MSNBC.

In generally what I mean by "don't be fooled by the MSM" is that you have to have a variety of news sources with different known points of view, and critically question what they are saying.

As an example, almost every morning I read MLive, The Bridge, The Michigan Advance, tNYT, Axios, the AP News Site & tDailyKOS to gain some perspective on what people are saying.

If you feel yourself becoming emotionally involved you should cheak yourself, it is probably MSM propaganda of some sort.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-10-05, 09:57

Better place for this:
Sound The Alarm? F7nz6s10
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Robert J Sakimano, Trapper Gus, Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-10-05, 12:47

Zurn wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

A popular theme around here. But what are you calling MSM?

Trust me you aren’t doing anything wrong. I rely on the MSM and I’m usually right.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2023-10-06, 09:39

Trapper Gus wrote:

In generally what I mean by "don't be fooled by the MSM" is that you have to have a variety of news sources with different known points of view, and critically question what they are saying.

As an example, almost every morning I read MLive, The Bridge, The Michigan Advance, tNYT, Axios, the AP News Site & tDailyKOS to gain some perspective on what people are saying.

Except every one of those sources comes from the same left wing ideology.

I subscribe to the Detroit papers and have a subscription to both the WSJ and NYT. I check our RealClearPolitics just about every day. I do read MLive mostly for sports content but it is about the only outlet for any local or state news other than the Metro Detroit papers.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next