Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old songs that are new to you, that kick ass.

+3
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
7 posters

Go down

Old songs that are new to you, that kick ass.  Empty Old songs that are new to you, that kick ass.

Post by kingstonlake 2024-02-04, 18:48

Love and Rockets “Lazy” released 1988. Just heard it for the first time this weekend.

I can totally see Bob and Greenway pep stepping through the neighborhood to this one.

Dig the guitar “outro” at the end.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Robert J Sakimano and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Old songs that are new to you, that kick ass.  Empty Re: Old songs that are new to you, that kick ass.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2024-02-04, 19:31

This shit slaps dog. 

Bussin man, no cap
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Old songs that are new to you, that kick ass.  Empty Re: Old songs that are new to you, that kick ass.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-05, 08:25

kingstonlake wrote:Love and Rockets “Lazy” released 1988. Just heard it for the first time this weekend.

I can totally see Bob and Greenway pep stepping through the neighborhood to this one.

Dig the guitar “outro” at the end.

he and I are pep-steppin', Swill-reppin', neighborhood-trekkin', triglyceride-checkin' son-uva-guns.

Old songs that are new to you, that kick ass.  200.gif?cid=ddb306a5yn5d4leni2x0sl9i3a2eolvh4ka1wdqzakbv61sl&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-02-06, 05:34

Never listened to the MC till last week. Podcast I listen to brought up Wayne Kramer’s death and backstory. I had no idea they were an edgy rock/blues band. Guess I just assumed they were Motown. Anyone know if there are any studio recordings? Only thing I’ve seen is live recordings on apple/youtube.

Last edited by Nordic on 2024-02-06, 12:33; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-02-06, 07:55

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6G4-KiBWQwk?si=s7vBFyRmpD0I_h_X" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-02-06, 08:09

Nordic wrote:Never listened to the MC till last week. Podcast I listen two brought up Wayne Kramer’s death and backstory. I had no idea they were an edgy rock/blues band. Guess I just assumed they were Motown. Anyone know if there are any studio recordings? Only thing I’ve seen is live recordings on apple/youtube.

such a great band.

I wasn't overly familiar with them, either, until I saw the Truckers at St Andrews maybe around 2010 or so... Patterson Hood referred to how great it was to be in Detroit, home of the MC5 - so I went home and started diggin' around in their catalog.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-02-06, 08:55

Def not studio... But if I were a kid in 1970, this is where I'd be.

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2024-02-06, 08:59

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Def not studio... But if I were a kid in 1970, this is where I'd be.

Hell yeah! Also FYI to you noobs the MC5 have three official releases and they all kick ass.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down