Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food poisoning

+4
Rick Saunders
DWags
Motown Spartan
tGreenWay
8 posters

Go down

Food poisoning Empty Food poisoning

Post by tGreenWay 2024-05-01, 00:51

Played with fire today, Swillers, and I wound up getting burned. The chicken fried rice was easily a day beyond when I’d typically toss it. Smelled good, tasted good, but the texture of the rice was off. Just to be safe, I threw out as much of the chicken as I could find, but I know I missed some small pieces. Eight hours later, and my south side is its own bubbling fountain of running water.

How long does food poisoning last? It’s been decades since I’ve knowingly had this happen.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Food poisoning Empty Re: Food poisoning

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-05-01, 05:49

The food poisoning part typically lasts a day or two, butt reestablishing your gut biome could take weeks, if not longer, with similar symptoms.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-05-01, 06:24

I’d suggest the BRAT diet when you can. Banana rice apple toast. I’ve read the best foods to eat after a bout of food poisoning are bland foods that are easy to digest and restore hydration. bananas, rice, oatmeal, chicken broth, crackers, and rehydrate with Pedialyte.

Good luck man.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2024-05-01, 07:50

tGreenWay wrote:Played with fire today, Swillers, and I wound up getting burned. The chicken fried rice was easily a day beyond when I’d typically toss it. Smelled good, tasted good, but the texture of the rice was off. Just to be safe, I threw out as much of the chicken as I could find, but I know I missed some small pieces. Eight hours later, and my south side is its own bubbling fountain of running water.

How long does food poisoning last? It’s been decades since I’ve knowingly had this happen.

Usually a couple of minutes every couple of hours for a couple of days.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-05-01, 09:43

I hope you recover before Cinco de Mayo so that you can really play with fire.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-05-01, 10:51

Really think I did myself a favor tossing out most of the chicken. My inner voice, the one that usually tells me to fuck off, actually did me a solid, which is more than I can say for what was coming out of me. This is milder than I first thought. Headache is gone. Haven’t needed the bathroom in hours and got to sleep for quite awhile. All this and I only lost one pair of shorts—-poor things. They never hurt anybody.
Another few hours and I hope to be back ready for trouble. I might even bump a thread or two this afternoon, my way of thanking all of you for your excellent advice and concern.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, DWags and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-05-01, 11:40

tGreenWay wrote:Really think I did myself a favor tossing out most of the chicken. My inner voice, the one that usually tells me to fuck off, actually did me a solid, which is more than I can say for what was coming out of me. This is milder than I first thought. Headache is gone. Haven’t needed the bathroom in hours and got to sleep for quite awhile. All this and I only lost one pair of shorts—-poor things. They never hurt anybody.
Another few hours and I hope to be back ready for trouble. I might even bump a thread or two this afternoon, my way of thanking all of you for your excellent advice and concern.

No poosting.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-01, 12:39

I was just at the Lake Lansing Meijer, brah - I'd be happy to run back and grab some pedialyte, no added sugar apple sauce, etc. for ya.

stay strong, brah!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-05-01, 15:02

Motown Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Really think I did myself a favor tossing out most of the chicken. My inner voice, the one that usually tells me to fuck off, actually did me a solid, which is more than I can say for what was coming out of me. This is milder than I first thought. Headache is gone. Haven’t needed the bathroom in hours and got to sleep for quite awhile. All this and I only lost one pair of shorts—-poor things. They never hurt anybody.

No poosting.

:poop:🚽
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-05-01, 15:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I was just at the Lake Lansing Meijer, brah - I'd be happy to run back and grab some pedialyte, no added sugar apple sauce, etc. for ya.

stay strong, brah!

Thanks, I’m covered. Appreciate it, though. Food poisoning 685334576
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-05-01, 15:50

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I was just at the Lake Lansing Meijer, brah - I'd be happy to run back and grab some pedialyte, no added sugar apple sauce, etc. for ya.

stay strong, brah!

Covered in what?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, tGreenWay, Motown Spartan and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-05-01, 18:10

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Covered in what?

I don’t want to talk about it. Ever. I’m only glad Mrs. Greenway is out of town and will never know what happened that last night in April of 2024.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-05-01, 18:19

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Covered in what?
Food poisoning 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-05-01, 19:21

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Covered in what?

I don’t want to talk about it. Ever. I’m only glad Mrs. Greenway is out of town and will never know what happened that last night in April of 2024.

So she had a built in excuse. But I was out of town when Greenway ate that poisoned chicken and died
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-05-02, 10:34

tGreenWay wrote:Played with fire today, Swillers, and I wound up getting burned. The chicken fried rice was easily a day beyond when I’d typically toss it. Smelled good, tasted good, but the texture of the rice was off. Just to be safe, I threw out as much of the chicken as I could find, but I know I missed some small pieces. Eight hours later, and my south side is its own bubbling fountain of running water.

You nailed the food poisoning time table.
It’s like a case of intestinal flu but thankfully doesn’t last as long. Usually 4-8 hours max.

When in doubt, toss it and always have a few bottles of Gatorade or Powerade around for recovery from flu or another poor refrigerator decision.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down