Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Speculate: Which Starter Is Out 6-8 Weeks?

+26
BtothejizA
SpartanInNH
tTito
Blanch32
SawGreen
Turtleneck
tanfan!
MiamiSpartan
TheBlitzIsOn
goodbar
CrazySparty
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
JEK
gvsparty
Braintrust
pulling69
HT
beal99
Stoops21
Nordic
Bill Cain
Tyler Durden
Floyd Robertson
Mentalstate
30 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Please Speculate: Which Starter Is Out 6-8 Weeks? Empty Please Speculate: Which Starter Is Out 6-8 Weeks?

Post by Mentalstate 2014-08-16, 11:38

A large guy at a position of depth is on crutches and out 6-8 weeks. Press isn't allowed to comment, or they get black-balled. And for some reason, and Oregon fan had the scoop.

Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Please Speculate: Which Starter Is Out 6-8 Weeks? Empty Re: Please Speculate: Which Starter Is Out 6-8 Weeks?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-08-16, 11:44

****, this can only mean L.T. is hurt again.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Please Speculate: Which Starter Is Out 6-8 Weeks? Empty Re: Please Speculate: Which Starter Is Out 6-8 Weeks?

Post by Tyler Durden 2014-08-16, 11:45

Kings
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2014-08-16, 11:46

Calhoun
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2014-08-16, 11:59

Knox?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-08-16, 12:32

BTW, Hondo did not seem too concerned, so I don't think it was, say, LT or Conklin.

I want to say Delton Williams, but he's not a starter.

Maybe Heath?
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-08-16, 12:36

Langford?
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2014-08-16, 14:09

We are so boned
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-08-16, 14:16

I bet it's a WR, so I'm going to say Kings or Burbridge?
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-08-16, 14:33

Yeah, cause Hondo has never made anything up or embellished anything before...
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-08-16, 15:18

pulling69 wrote:Yeah, cause Hondo has never made anything up or embellished anything before...

He be Hondo-ing.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Braintrust 2014-08-16, 15:36

T. Jones
Braintrust
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-08-16, 15:56

Thread locked on one board, posts being deleted on another, and supposedly some member of the media is talking about something newsworthy in this regard. Other speculation is that it is simply Knox.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gvsparty 2014-08-16, 16:53

I have a friend who works for the Free Press and he said it's Taiwan Jones. Also said that Langford tweaked his knee but should be ready for the first game.
gvsparty
gvsparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-08-16, 17:47

gvsparty wrote:I have a friend who works for the Free Press and he said it's Taiwan Jones.

If true, that would not be good. I read from one of the coaches that Harris could play MLB on short notice if need be. He's got all the mental stuff down. He had a very good scrimmage yesterday.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-08-16, 17:50

Mentalstate wrote:Thread locked on one board, posts being deleted on another, and supposedly some member of the media is talking about something newsworthy in this regard. Other speculation is that it is simply Knox.

Thread locks in RCMB. Where are the deletions happening?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-08-16, 17:56

Sadler.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-08-16, 17:57

Cousins. Nichol starting.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-08-16, 18:14

JEK wrote:

If true, that would not be good. I read from one of the coaches that Harris could play MLB on short notice if need be. He's got all the mental stuff down. He had a very good scrimmage yesterday.

Honestly, if it's Jones, it actually might be a good thing, especially long-term. Was reading Hondo's mailbag, and he mentioned that the biggest disappointment of fall camp has been Jones struggling to solidify his hold on the starting MLB job. He also said that Reschke was pushing hard for Jones' job.

This could open the door for Reschke to start, who I'd like more at MLB anyways because he's been groomed to replace Bullough. He's also a RS freshman, so that means he'd have a lot of room to grow, and a four-year starter at MLB could give us a run at the position similar to what we got out of Bullough with experience and knowledge of running the defense. Then you have Harris start at STAR (which he apparently practiced the entire scrimmage at, getting zero snaps at MLB), and slide in Jones there when he returns.

If it's Jones, this actually could be a blessing in disguise for the program long-term. Never have been a fan of his switch to MLB.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySparty 2014-08-16, 18:31

SpartanHT wrote:

Honestly, if it's Jones, it actually might be a good thing, especially long-term. Was reading Hondo's mailbag, and he mentioned that the biggest disappointment of fall camp has been Jones struggling to solidify his hold on the starting MLB job. He also said that Reschke was pushing hard for Jones' job.

This could open the door for Reschke to start, who I'd like more at MLB anyways because he's been groomed to replace Bullough. He's also a RS freshman, so that means he'd have a lot of room to grow, and a four-year starter at MLB could give us a run at the position similar to what we got out of Bullough with experience and knowledge of running the defense. Then you have Harris start at STAR (which he apparently practiced the entire scrimmage at, getting zero snaps at MLB), and slide in Jones there when he returns.

If it's Jones, this actually could be a blessing in disguise for the program long-term. Never have been a fan of his switch to MLB.

Is there a "reporter" whose credibility RE: MSU athletics, is mocked more than Hondo's?
CrazySparty
CrazySparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-08-16, 18:52

CrazySparty wrote:

Is there a "reporter" whose credibility RE: MSU athletics, is mocked more than Hondo's?

I personally think he has the writing ability of a middle schooler, but for some reason, it seems like Hondo has more access than anyone else in the press (and his message board seems to have more former players than other MSU sites). He's certainly putting out more than anyone from Spartan Tailgate right now, and I don't have to pay for it.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-08-16, 20:01

SpartanHT wrote:

Well, Hondo is the ONLY person saying that about Jones, every other MSU beat writer is saying Jones has been excellent last few weeks and has won the spot clearly. Hondo is a fanboy who falls in love with certain players and then creates a story around that love. This, of course, is also true even about recruits. Hondo is also the one "journalist" who the staff and athletic department has routinely fucked with the most. After the Izzo story, any real shred of journalistic integrity went out the door.

Do keep in mind, Hondo is man loving Beedle right now, for example.

As for the post deletion- on the Mag.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-08-16, 20:05

BTW, someone just said they saw Jones on campus walking around, 100% healthy.

And another said they can't any info on any injuries.

And someone else said rumor is OL.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-08-16, 20:31

****. First that Z-dog boy guy dies, and now this news? Awful day.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2014-08-16, 20:36

goodbar wrote:****. First that Z-dog boy guy dies, and now this news? Awful day.

Makes me reflect on the day we lost Alan Ruck. I'm crying now.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBlitzIsOn 2014-08-16, 20:54

IF it is Jones.. and IF Reschke were to step in, I'd liken it to a young Bullough playing against Alabama. Big lights and a big team to dive in and see what you have against. Even if you look like an underclassman, it's going to toughen you up for the rest of your career. We'll see.
TheBlitzIsOn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-08-16, 21:09

Mentalstate wrote:

Well, Hondo is the ONLY person saying that about Jones, every other MSU beat writer is saying Jones has been excellent last few weeks and has won the spot clearly. Hondo is a fanboy who falls in love with certain players and then creates a story around that love. This, of course, is also true even about recruits. Hondo is also the one "journalist" who the staff and athletic department has routinely fucked with the most. After the Izzo story, any real shred of journalistic integrity went out the door.

Do keep in mind, Hondo is man loving Beedle right now, for example.

As for the post deletion- on the Mag.
I thought SpartanMag had said that coaches were saying that Reschke was pushing Jones a little bit (and Bullough pushing Harris a bit), but thinks it was just so they don't get too comfortable, as they're seemingly locks at their positions.

I think Hondo takes things at face value, and may not catch the real meaning (i.e., misinterpreted Izzo's role on the panel to find a football coach as Izzo being a candidate for the position).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-08-16, 21:31

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I thought SpartanMag had said that coaches were saying that Reschke was pushing Jones a little bit (and Bullough pushing Harris a bit), but thinks it was just so they don't get too comfortable, as they're seemingly locks at their positions.  

I think Hondo takes things at face value, and may not catch the real meaning (i.e., misinterpreted Izzo's role on the panel to find a football coach as Izzo being a candidate for the position).

Yeah, from everything I've heard, Jones has been real good last two weeks, and Reschke has been solid in developing as a back-up who can step in and start if need be, and Harris has taken reps there too with Hicks taking his spot for situational downs.

Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2014-08-16, 22:50

Nordic wrote:Knox?

That's it
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-17, 00:15

Death Roe wrote:Cousins. Nichol starting.

My sources are saying Dowdell will start the first game.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-08-17, 00:47

FYI, rumor is Kruse.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-08-17, 08:48

Mentalstate wrote:FYI, rumor is Kruse.

Who is the 2 at right guard?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-08-17, 10:02

Fwiw. This is why this board is needed. Thanks for the traffic media And other boards
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-17, 10:07

Blanch32 wrote:Fwiw.  This is why this board is needed.  Thanks for the traffic media And other boards

Yes the traffic media and the other boards for sure.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-08-17, 10:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Sadler.

Please Speculate: Which Starter Is Out 6-8 Weeks? 1550444538 Please Speculate: Which Starter Is Out 6-8 Weeks? 4198636888 
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Durden 2014-08-17, 10:14

SawGreen wrote:

Bodanis.

I think they might slide Clark inside and see what it looks like with Keiler at RT and Clarn at RG.
Tyler Durden
Tyler Durden
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA 2014-08-17, 11:11

SawGreen wrote:

They'd probably plug Kieler in there since he can play all 3 OL positions and is pushing Clark for the RT spot.

Brian Allen and McGowan rotating.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-08-17, 14:39

Yeah, Brian Allen and McGowan are possibilities.

Another is to put Machado at RT and slide Clark down. Machado has been impressing, the coaches are trying to decide if he's in the 2-deep or they redshirt him (which would be awesome).
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-18, 09:00

Updates?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA 2014-08-18, 09:19

InTenSity wrote:Updates?

Nothing yet. Not sure what time Coach usually talks to the media.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next