Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoke to name captains after OSU game

+9
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
WBill
Ass Dan
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
NigelUno
Hut1hut2
13 posters

Go down

Hoke to name captains after OSU game Empty Hoke to name captains after OSU game

Post by Hut1hut2 25/08/14, 12:25 pm

My, what a dumbass. He will be fired by then
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Hoke to name captains after OSU game Empty Re: Hoke to name captains after OSU game

Post by NigelUno 25/08/14, 12:33 pm

Somebody else does that too.

What if you have a really crappy season though? Do you want to be voted captain at that point?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Hoke to name captains after OSU game Empty Re: Hoke to name captains after OSU game

Post by kingstonlake 25/08/14, 12:39 pm

Are they also waiting to select a player to disgrace a former legends number?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/08/14, 12:41 pm

what a loser..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 25/08/14, 12:41 pm

So now Hoke is using RichRod's manner of coaching as a model?

Michigan has elected football captains since 1879. In nearly all of those years, they were preseason selections.

But coach Brady Hoke announced today that he’ll be changing that practice this fall, naming the team captains after the regular-season finale against Ohio State — similar to what U-M did under coach Rich Rodriguez in 2008 and 2009.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 25/08/14, 12:42 pm

I think I'm confused. After the season is over is when he'll name captains? How does that work?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 25/08/14, 12:49 pm

Ass Dan wrote:I think I'm confused. After the season is over is when he'll name captains? How does that work?

Yea seems very bass ackwards.   

In other news he will announce his diet plans after Thanksgiving dinner.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 25/08/14, 12:50 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:So now Hoke is using RichRod's manner of coaching as a model?

Michigan has elected football captains since 1879. In nearly all of those years, they were preseason selections.

But coach Brady Hoke announced today that he’ll be changing that practice this fall, naming the team captains after the regular-season finale against Ohio State — similar to what U-M did under coach Rich Rodriguez in 2008 and 2009.

I knew it sounded familiar!

Follow Tradition vs. Do What RichRod Did?

Tough call.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 25/08/14, 12:57 pm

Never thought I'd say this. Thank you Taylor Lewan.

Pretty much affirms Hoke knows he may have potential douche bags in high places on the squad.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 25/08/14, 01:01 pm

I think that Hoke knows they don't need to have strong leadership within the player ranks because they have such strong leadership within the coaching ranks. Because you know, Mattison coached Ray Lewis. So in many ways you could say that Ray Lewis is leading this team, and he was a very strong leader. Also let's not forget that Doug Nussmier coached for the mighty Nick Saban, and will bring all of Saban's qualities with him to Ann Arbor. So that's also some pretty strong leadership.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 25/08/14, 01:11 pm

this makes me so glad that I burned my acceptance letter to UM..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 25/08/14, 01:17 pm

Sounds like some of the obvious choices may have some "news" potential down the road. The safe bet is Samm Webb.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 25/08/14, 01:27 pm

At least he is consistent, he is announcing his Super Bowl picks the day after the Super Bowl.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 25/08/14, 01:36 pm

This is one way to try to sell tickets to their annual post-season football banquet, I guess.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 25/08/14, 01:43 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:This is one way to try to sell tickets to their annual post-season football banquet, I guess.

It will raise you up.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 25/08/14, 01:49 pm

Brandon just added that the captain announcement will be done by skywriters, followed by fireworks.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25/08/14, 02:32 pm

Ass Dan wrote:I think I'm confused. After the season is over is when he'll name captains? How does that work?

It means they'll be able to name Captains after week 2.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 25/08/14, 03:14 pm

Wow, that guy came into michigan with a solid philosophy, never veered from it. Same offense defense and philosophical approach. Never changes. He believes in what he's doing and does it. That's leadership. Not wishy washy at all.

On a side note, I'd really like to know during the interview what he told Brandon he was all about. I mean I can't believe the constant changes there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 25/08/14, 04:18 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:what a FAT loser..

FIFY
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 25/08/14, 04:19 pm

They'll be captains for the Pinstripe Bowl.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 25/08/14, 04:31 pm

DWags wrote:Wow, that guy came into michigan with a solid philosophy, never veered from it. Same offense defense and philosophical approach.   Never changes. He believes in what he's doing and does it.   That's leadership.  Not wishy washy at all.  

On a side note, I'd really like to know during the interview what he told Brandon he was all about.   I mean I can't believe the constant changes there.

10%?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 25/08/14, 04:39 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

It means they'll be able to name Captains after week 2.

Hoke to name captains after OSU game 969504605
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 25/08/14, 05:29 pm

That's like saying you won't take a dump until after you wipe.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 25/08/14, 05:53 pm

He's just saving himself from being asked the question, "Brady, you had a horrible season last year and named another felon captain again this year (Clark), do you think there's a chance naming guys with questionable character has contributed to consecutive 7-6 seasons"?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down