Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami guys and debating what to do for game

+8
Herbie Green
MiamiSpartan
Mentalstate
Nommad2
75alum
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
InTenSity
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Miami guys and debating what to do for game Empty Miami guys and debating what to do for game

Post by InTenSity Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:13 pm

Because places like this are the best places in the world to get advice and plus this thread will probably keep mentalstate from posting over on TOS for a couple of minutes.

My wife has to work this weekend, actually at this point I'm pretty sure her boss, who I've never met, hates me. She's been scheduled to work every Saturday since returning to work, which coincided with the start of football season. I haven't had a chance to go out because she works nights, so I take care of the kids during the day so she can sleep and then I watch my daughter for the rest of the weekend. This has made leaving the house to watch games at the bar very difficult.

I have some options for this weekend.
1) I can do what I've been doing, stay home, record the game and catch up after my daughter goes to bed and drink moderately, maybe a couple of beers. This seems to be the most responsible and as far as guilt feelings go, would leave me with the least amount of them.
2) Send my daughter to the in laws, stay home and watch the game, drink and pick her up sometime the next day, or let my wife bring her home, giving me a weekend to myself, more or less.
3) Daughter to inlaws, go to Sandbar, don't drink, but watch the game with Mental and Miami. Another option is getting a ride down there and back home, a cab would probably cost about $75 round trip, if not more.

Those are pretty much the 3 choices or some type of variation thereof.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Miami guys and debating what to do for game Empty Re: Miami guys and debating what to do for game

Post by Rocinante Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:29 pm

Dump the kid. Drink the beers. Suffer the fallout. Be a fan.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Miami guys and debating what to do for game Empty Re: Miami guys and debating what to do for game

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:30 pm

Option 3 bro. When you have kids that age, you have to take advantage of every opportunity to have a social life.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:31 pm

Rocinante wrote:Dump the kid. Drink the beers. Suffer the fallout. Be a fan.
At home or at the bar?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:33 pm

InTenSity wrote:Because places like this are the best places in the world to get advice and plus this thread will probably keep mentalstate from posting over on TOS for a couple of minutes.

My wife has to work this weekend, actually at this point I'm pretty sure her boss, who I've never met, hates me. She's been scheduled to work every Saturday since returning to work, which coincided with the start of football season. I haven't had a chance to go out because she works nights, so I take care of the kids during the day so she can sleep and then I watch my daughter for the rest of the weekend. This has made leaving the house to watch games at the bar very difficult.

I have some options for this weekend.
1) I can do what I've been doing, stay home, record the game and catch up after my daughter goes to bed and drink moderately, maybe a couple of beers. This seems to be the most responsible and as far as guilt feelings go, would leave me with the least amount of them.
2) Send my daughter to the in laws, stay home and watch the game, drink and pick her up sometime the next day, or let my wife bring her home, giving me a weekend to myself, more or less.
3) Daughter to inlaws, go to Sandbar, don't drink, but watch the game with Mental and Miami. Another option is getting a ride down there and back home, a cab would probably cost about $75 round trip, if not more.

Those are pretty much the 3 choices or some type of variation thereof.

I'll take door number 3, Monty ....... with the cab ride
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:37 pm

Option 4 is everyone can come to my place.  Miami guys and debating what to do for game 969504605
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:42 pm

Anal
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Tough call.

We've missed you all season, and of course blame you 100% for Oregon.

Kids always come first, zero problem with that.

Miami and I have not yet met regarding Saturday. There is a small chance I may be in the Keys, otherwise I will book our usual spot. Your spot is always saved. Unless some random hot chick asks if she can sit there.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:17 pm

InTenSity wrote:
At home or at the bar?

If nobody's at your house and your friends are at the bar... Yes?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:44 pm

Have you checked bus routes? Probably cheaper than a cab...and much more adventurous. Maybe nix in the Metrorail for good measure.

Seriously though, would love for you to make it to the bar, but I don't want to tell you dump the kids off. I think that would have to be the wife and in-laws decision (I.e., can the in-laws watch them, and will your wife kick your ass for going to the bar?).

Mental, the Keys are not allowed. Isn't there a pretty dismal track record when you aren't there for big games? Kidding, of course, but I hope you both can make it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 pm

Quick update. Wife switched shifts with someone who wanted her to cover on Thursday, and she got them to cover her on Saturday. She said we can drop the kids off at the in laws and go watch the game and she will pick them up in the morning. Looks as if I'll be able to make the game, plus have a driver. Plus have a night out with the wife. Miami guys and debating what to do for game 2267303065
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:37 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:Have you checked bus routes? Probably cheaper than a cab...and much more adventurous. Maybe nix in the Metrorail for good measure.

Seriously though, would love for you to make it to the bar, but I don't want to tell you dump the kids off. I think that would have to be the wife and in-laws decision (I.e., can the in-laws watch them, and will your wife kick your ass for going to the bar?).

Mental, the Keys are not allowed. Isn't there a pretty dismal track record when you aren't there for big games? Kidding, of course, but I hope you both can make it.

I may just make a trip down Friday night, be back up for the game. Camp spot at one of the top places in the world to camp opened up, but I didn't grab it, gone in 5 minutes, but might just hit Islamorada for the night.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:38 pm

InTenSity wrote:Quick update. Wife switched shifts with someone who wanted her to cover on Thursday, and she got them to cover her on Saturday. She said we can drop the kids off at the in laws and go watch the game and she will pick them up in the morning. Looks as if I'll be able to make the game, plus have a driver. Plus have a night out with the wife. Miami guys and debating what to do for game 2267303065

Sweeeet. I'll make sure our space is reserved.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:04 am

InTenSity wrote:Quick update. Wife switched shifts with someone who wanted her to cover on Thursday, and she got them to cover her on Saturday. She said we can drop the kids off at the in laws and go watch the game and she will pick them up in the morning. Looks as if I'll be able to make the game, plus have a driver. Plus have a night out with the wife. Miami guys and debating what to do for game 2267303065
Awesome!! Glad that it looks like it will work out.

Mentalstate wrote:
Sweeeet. I'll make sure our space is reserved.
Canes game is on at 7:30, so I hope they don't give it away. Hopefully one of the regular owners/managers is there.

If I can, I'll try to make it down there a little early to make sure, but not sure what the family will be up to during the day.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:03 pm

Ok, I'll be in Big Pine Key tomorrow night, booked my spot for 2 nights, debating pulling out at 4 and coming back. Either way, our spot will be reserved...
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Mentalstate wrote:Ok, I'll be in Big Pine Key tomorrow night, booked my spot for 2 nights, debating pulling out at 4 and coming back. Either way, our spot will be reserved...
So,I can finally make it and your off camping?
Miami, you wanna go down to the groove our somewhere else? Want to go to the Broward game watch?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:16 am

I hear Miami has an extra for One Direction
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:22 am

InTenSity wrote:
So,I can finally make it and your off camping?
Miami, you wanna go down to the groove our somewhere else? Want to go to the Broward game watch?
I will be at the Sandbar regardless. I can't forsake what got us to the Rose Bowl. Miami guys and debating what to do for game 55953254
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:23 am

I just don't like going to the grove at night, I hate having to go through either South Miami or Coral Gables to get home. 

I'll go, just prefer to go there during the day.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:38 am

InTenSity wrote:I just don't like going to the grove at night, I hate having to go through either South Miami or Coral Gables to get home. 

I'll go, just prefer to go there during the day.

Man, you're like booking Madonna, with her demand sheet a mile long for each appearance...
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:49 am

Mentalstate wrote:

Man, you're like booking Madonna, with her demand sheet a mile long for each appearance...
I know, just I don't have room to DVR the game, and with a Miami game going on its going to be crowded and noisy and I won't be able to hear what's going on during hte game. Then while someone runs back a interception for a TD, I won't know what they threw the flag for.

You gonna be there or not?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:38 pm

The burning question is, what is Heat doing for the game?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Titty fuckin His lady friend.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:16 pm

We had a great time without you....
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:58 am

Mentalstate wrote:We had a great time without you....
Ya ya. I pussied out, sort of. I'll be there next weekend. I think, I'm pretty sure. We still won!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:44 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Ya ya. I pussied out, sort of. I'll be there next weekend. I think, I'm pretty sure. We still won!
Barely. The outrage at the students is misplaced. If you were at the Sandbar, the fluky 4th quarter never happens.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:37 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Barely.  The outrage at the students is misplaced.  If you were at the Sandbar, the fluky 4th quarter never happens.
I might have left in the 4th, depending on how tired I was. Then the blame could have been placed on me.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:43 pm

We're heading down to Miami this Thursday for the Packer game this weekend. Going to try to find a spot to watch the college games on Saturday, and looking for a party bus to the game Sunday.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Chitown_Badger wrote:We're heading down to Miami this Thursday for the Packer game this weekend. Going to try to find a spot to watch the college games on Saturday, and looking for a party bus to the game Sunday.
Nice! Do you know where you're staying in Miami, and are you sure its Miami? If you want to watch games Mentalstate and Miami are usually at the Sandbar. My family has an extra one in it since June, so I haven't made it out there yet. I think I can make it this weekend. Tell us the area you're staying in and I'm sure someone here can recommend a place. 

Sandbar probably has about 20ish TV's and 3 large screens, so they have every game on at least somewhere in the building.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:07 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Nice! Do you know where you're staying in Miami, and are you sure its Miami? If you want to watch games Mentalstate and Miami are usually at the Sandbar. My family has an extra one in it since June, so I haven't made it out there yet. I think I can make it this weekend. Tell us the area you're staying in and I'm sure someone here can recommend a place. 

Sandbar probably has about 20ish TV's and 3 large screens, so they have every game on at least somewhere in the building.

We got an ocean front unit at the Monte Carlo (65th and collins in Miami Beach). Seems to be a couple decent dive bars and decent places are around there. I don't suppose there are any tiki type places actually on or overlooking the beach that would have football on?
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:09 pm

That sucks, you're far from us. Plenty of bars around there, as well as the Russian & Turkish spa around 55th and Collins.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Chitown_Badger wrote:

We got an ocean front unit at the Monte Carlo (65th and collins in Miami Beach). Seems to be a couple decent dive bars and decent places are around there. I don't suppose there are any tiki type places actually on or overlooking the beach that would have football on?
Maybe check out some of the nearby hotels to see if they have any casual beachfront bars/restaurants. I think the Deauville (67th and Collins) has something, but not sure if it's a pool bar area that might only be open to guests. The Eden Roc (45th and Collins) has a casual beach front restaurant, but not sure if they have TVs. That used to be a Jimmy Johnson's sports bar, but that was years ago.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:17 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Maybe check out some of the nearby hotels to see if they have any casual beachfront bars/restaurants. I think the Deauville (67th and Collins) has something, but not sure if it's a pool bar area that might only be open to guests. The Eden Roc (45th and Collins) has a casual beach front restaurant, but not sure if they have TVs. That used to be a Jimmy Johnson's sports bar, but that was years ago.

Thanks. We'll check that stuff out.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:40 pm

Dilemma time again. Wife is working Saturday night, I'm golfing in the AM, should be done around 1. Wife works 3 times next week, which means I won't see my family on Mon, Wed or Fri.
I can go watch the Purdue game, but that means not spending time with my daughter, although she'll be at her cousins house, which she loves.
I can pick my daughter up after golf and spend the day with her, and still watch the game at home.

I feel like the fun thing to do is have the weekend almost to myself.
I feel like the responsible thing to do is spend time with my daughter while she still loves me.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Your daughter will always love you. It's your wife she'll hate. Watch the game!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Green Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:39 pm

Mentalstate wrote:
Camp spot at one of the top places in the world to camp opened up, ...
And where, pray tell, is this? Have camped at 5 different sites in the keys. My fav was on Long Key. Camped there about 4 times.
Murphy Green
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:14 pm

InTenSity wrote:Dilemma time again. Wife is working Saturday night, I'm golfing in the AM, should be done around 1. Wife works 3 times next week, which means I won't see my family on Mon, Wed or Fri.
I can go watch the Purdue game, but that means not spending time with my daughter, although she'll be at her cousins house, which she loves.
I can pick my daughter up after golf and spend the day with her, and still watch the game at home.

I feel like the fun thing to do is have the weekend almost to myself.
I feel like the responsible thing to do is spend time with my daughter while she still loves me.
Would the wife be pissed if you come watch the game? If yo bitch ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Words of wisdom that I saw on a bumper sticker recently.

Won't you have father-daughter time when your wife is working the 3 days next week? Or family time with all on Sunday?

Mental, are you on for Saturday? I'll be there, of course.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:24 pm

Would the wife be pissed if you come watch the game? If yo bitch ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Words of wisdom that I saw on a bumper sticker recently.

Won't you have father-daughter time when your wife is working the 3 days next week? Or family time with all on Sunday?

Mental, are you on for Saturday? I'll be there, of course.
The wife is ok with me going to the bar. Hell, I haven't golfed or gone to the bar since getting back from MI, so I've put in my time. It is more my conscience.
When my wife works she takes the kids to her brothers house, since she needs to sleep during the day, and leave by 11am. My daughter enjoys being up there with her cousins and it gives her somewhere to play. Next week I will be home alone on Mon and Wed for sure and possibly Friday.
I can pick her up after the game and bring her home, or pick her up the next morning.

Again, this is more an issue with me, debating on what is the fun vs responsible fatherly thing to do.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:51 pm

Murphy Green wrote:
And where, pray tell, is this? Have camped at 5 different sites in the keys. My fav was on Long Key. Camped there about 4 times.

Bahia Honda, the campsite by itself on the beach. There are 5-6 sites (in the 60s) that just make you forget everything, including how Intensity sold Miami and I out last week...
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:05 pm

Mentalstate wrote:

Bahia Honda, the campsite by itself on the beach. There are 5-6 sites (in the 60s) that just make you forget everything, including how Intensity sold Miami and I out last week...
Its true that I did, but I also offered my house for people to come to.  Razz
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next