Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State College bringing the statue back of Joe Pa. Thems some nuts over there

+5
By-Tor
Bud Fox
Mentalstate
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
9 posters

Go down

State College bringing the statue back of Joe Pa.   Thems some nuts over there Empty State College bringing the statue back of Joe Pa. Thems some nuts over there

Post by DWags Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:49 pm

I guess there's been ample time for the abused kids to shake that shit off and go downtown and see Joe Pa on a bench.

Haven't been here 7 days so no links.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

State College bringing the statue back of Joe Pa.   Thems some nuts over there Empty Re: State College bringing the statue back of Joe Pa. Thems some nuts over there

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:45 pm

They are bringing the statue back? Seriously? Pedo State U
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

State College bringing the statue back of Joe Pa.   Thems some nuts over there Empty Re: State College bringing the statue back of Joe Pa. Thems some nuts over there

Post by Mentalstate Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:They are bringing the statue back? Seriously? Pedo State U

This is a great opportunity to tag the **** out of that thing. Daily.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bud Fox Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:01 pm

Maybe I can join a cult to try to understand how those people think because right now it makes no sense to me.
Bud Fox
Bud Fox
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:11 am

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/23/report-new-joe-paterno-statue-coming-to-state-college/

There's a link. Wow. Those people over there are something else. Sports >>> Everything. Good for them. Fucking disgusting.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:20 am

Will the new locker rooms be named after Jerry Sandusky?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:33 am

By-Tor wrote:Will the new locker rooms be named after Jerry Sandusky?

Just the showers.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:14 am

pulling69 wrote:

Just the showers.

Am I going to hell for laughing at this?

Seriously, if one of those kids were my kids, I'd wait till the finished the statue and blow it up. Those people are so mesmerized by Joe Pa they are clueless to the actual amount of psychological harm that they've done to not only those victims but victims of child abuse all over.

Are we going to put a clown statue of John Wayne Gasey in downtown Chicago next?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:28 am

There is a Ph.D. study on cult worship that is just screaming to be done in State College. The cult of Paterno was years in the making, and like any cult, any information that runs contrary to the accepted line of thinking is rejected, or at least framed in such a way to protect the leader. So the blame is isolated to Sandusky with McQueary playing the role of Judas Iscariot. And given Paterno's death, there is nothing that could be said, done, or come to light to change the dynamic in that element of their fanbase as the response will be that Joe isn't here to defend himself or set the record straight.

It's fascinating to watch as there really is an odd combination of sports and near-religious fervor when it comes to Paterno and that program. I felt the program should've been shut down for a few years, but even that wouldn't have changed this dynamic. Logic, truth and reason aren't applicable when talking with Paterno loyalists as the basis on which their world is built is simply different than those not in that group. And that is when a group becomes a cult......
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:31 am

Luckily, the comments section does not disappoint:

YouMadCauseImStylingOnYou says:
Apr 23, 2014 9:15 AM
Is it going to be looking the other way?
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:32 am

As someone who knows a lot of Penn State fans, I can tell you that a significant portion of them believe, with no doubt in their minds, that Joe Pa knew nothing about Sandusky buggering little boys, and was made a scapegoat by an administration that attempted to cover things up.

I mean - they believe this like they believe the sun will rise in the east tomorrow morning. It's just accepted as fact by most PSU fans over the age of 30.

And as Heathens pointed out, Joe is dead now, so it's difficult to show any evidence that will dissuade them of that notion.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueGreenSpartan Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:41 am

I like a comment I saw the other day saying

"it will be oriented so that it will always have his back turned when a child is present"

State College bringing the statue back of Joe Pa.   Thems some nuts over there 1966794946
TrueGreenSpartan
TrueGreenSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down