Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If it really turns out that we have shitty weather Saturday night.

+8
Cool Runnings
Stoops21
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
CORNER BLITZ
Herbie Green
WhiteBoyHatcher
SeeRockCity
12 posters

Go down

If it really turns out that we have shitty weather Saturday night. Empty If it really turns out that we have shitty weather Saturday night.

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-11-06, 23:32

We are going to boat race Ohio State.

• OSU does not have a premier running back.
    Their biggest weakness is their offensive line
    Their coaches tend to turtle when they get nervous and start getting conservative
    We are pretty much un-beatable when we know you're going to run the football.
    They will have a freshman quarterback running around trying to make plays against an elite defense in front of national television and a hostile crowd ON A SLICK FIELD WITH A BAD KNEE.
    They are not used to playing on natural turf, especially when it's slick.

Oh, yeah, and we're a better all-around team.

Last edited by SeeRockCity on 2014-11-06, 23:34; edited 1 time in total
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

If it really turns out that we have shitty weather Saturday night. Empty Re: If it really turns out that we have shitty weather Saturday night.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-11-06, 23:33

Rain doesn't necessarily hurt a passing game. Wind does. In fact, contrary to popular opinion, slippery footing will hurt a defense in the passing game more than it will an offense.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If it really turns out that we have shitty weather Saturday night. Empty Re: If it really turns out that we have shitty weather Saturday night.

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-11-06, 23:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Rain doesn't necessarily hurt a passing game. Wind does. In fact, contrary to popular opinion, slippery footing will hurt a defense in the passing game more than it will an offense.

I would agree, if it were August. But it's not.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-11-06, 23:45

I'm not trying to discount your take. I agree that a hostile environment + bad weather is going to favor MSU.

I personally think the biggest factor in the game will be MSU's ability to give Cook time to work in the passing game. Which means I hope Bosa lines up on the right side quite often. If Cook has time, there is no way OSU can stop us.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-11-07, 00:10

We are going to f*** them up
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-11-07, 00:30

Herbie Green wrote:We are going to f*** them up

If it really turns out that we have shitty weather Saturday night. 3493939353
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-11-07, 08:00

I don't think us completely embarrassing them depends on the weather..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-11-07, 08:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't think us completely embarrassing them depends on the weather..

They did a pretty good job of embarrassing themselves a couple years ago.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-11-07, 08:59

If it's cold and rainy cook will suck donkey nuts and we will have to run a lot
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool Runnings 2014-11-07, 10:01

SeeRockCity wrote:We are going to boat race Ohio State.

• OSU does not have a premier running back.
    Their biggest weakness is their offensive line
    Their coaches tend to turtle when they get nervous and start getting conservative
    We are pretty much un-beatable when we know you're going to run the football.
    They will have a freshman quarterback running around trying to make plays against an elite defense in front of national television and a hostile crowd ON A SLICK FIELD WITH A BAD KNEE.
    They are not used to playing on natural turf, especially when it's slick.

Oh, yeah, and we're a better all-around team.

I think their RBs are pretty damn good in Elliott and Samuel. That being said I agree with pretty much everything else. Our D is going to be swarming to the ball and he's really going to have to beat us through the air. We haven't seen as much blitzing this year compared to last year's D but this game they're really going to be let loose (similar to the Neb game). Barrett will have a solid game but with crappy weather and his MCL injury I'm not sure how much he's going to be able to extend plays and keep the chains moving. The thing their offense really lacks is a clear #1 WR. They have a stable of good receivers but not that one guy to rely on in the big moment. The X factor for OSU IMO are the TEs. Those guys are horses and could really cause problems up the seam if they get the targets. Overall I think they hit some big plays and capitalize on a turnover or two but are limited to 20 or less points.
Cool Runnings
Cool Runnings
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-11-07, 10:06

Isn't it just an MCL sprain? That's just an annoyance more than anything, it isn't like its torn. If it feels like what happens to my knees, it is definitely something that could be ignored for a few hours, and then deal with the pain later. If the secondary plays well, we will be fine, and hopefully the adjustments against the bubble screens that Purdue threw at us, are made before the end of hte 1st half. 

I'm hoping that Conklin is able to keep Bosa at bay, and hold him to 1 sack. I could also see Rush and Calhoun having a great game. Need to keep their emotion in check.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-11-07, 12:28

I'll definitely be leaving early though. These 8pm games are brutal. They should stop doing this.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-11-07, 20:03

LoneWolfSparty wrote:I'll definitely be leaving early though. These 8pm games are brutal. They should stop doing this.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2014-11-07, 22:28

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Rain doesn't necessarily hurt a passing game. Wind does. In fact, contrary to popular opinion, slippery footing will hurt a defense in the passing game more than it will an offense.
Kind of funny, but I was reading about Hoyer's night last night and caught this quote from him...

"I'm more worried about rain," Hoyer said. "Wind doesn't even really enter my mind unless it's 60 mile per hour gust. … When you throw a spiral, that ball is meant to cut through the wind."

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/9491/browns-brian-hoyer-perfecting-finding-a-way-to-win
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down