Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid?

+22
Frank Ricard
xsanguine
The Pantry
steveschneider
Rod Porkmore
HT
Cym Jim
GirbaudJeans
CheesySpartan
InTenSity
Oj
Watch Out Pylon!
75alum
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Rocinante
CORNER BLITZ
tTy
WhiteBoyHatcher
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Empty What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-09, 23:19

The one that stands out for me was when I got Omega Supreme. I had a huge mid-80's transformers collection, and Omega Supreme was the creme de la creme.

http://tilallaremine.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/omega-supreme-g1-alt.jpg

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? 502811600

In retrospect, I must have had a shitty childhood because look at that piece of shit. Yet, I was the envy of all of my classmates for awhile.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Empty Re: What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid?

Post by tTy 2014-12-09, 23:33

My favorite Christmas gift was receiving a phone call from "Santa and his Elves" every Christmas Eve. It was actually my grandparents + prolly a case of Miller Lite + half a fifth of potato vodka + some props (hammer, pots and pans, electric drill, jingle bells and other shit) to make a hell of a racket in the background while Santa was on the phone with you.... It was awesome, even after we finally figured out it was FAKE!

I honestly can't think of a single toy/game/physical present that stands out in my childhood, though I know we were all showered with a fuckton of them when we were lil fella's.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Empty Re: What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid?

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-09, 23:36

This is one of the first gifts I remember getting. Pretty sure i pretended it was a superhero dog

This was one of the best, can't find a sweet 90s commercial for it though...

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-09, 23:41

When I was about 7 I got one of these - still have it in my parent's basement.

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? MARX_ELECTRO_SHOT_SHOOTING_GALLERY_BATTERY_OPERATED_MACHINE_GUN_TARGET_RANGE_GAME
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-09, 23:41

The terror drome.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-12-09, 23:43

I just remembered something!!!! This motherfucker was bad as fuck!!!!

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Football
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-09, 23:44

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? CobraTerrordrome2
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-12-09, 23:49

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? 81lgjb10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-09, 23:52

tTy wrote:I just remembered something!!!! This motherfucker was bad as fuck!!!!

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Football

I had one of these. probably a few years later. I was fucking awesome at it. Barry Sanders in a digital line. I remember playing it while shopping with mom and sis in 12 Oaks mall in the mid/late 80's.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-09, 23:54

I wasn't necessarily a kid but when I got that Xbox 360 and the NBA 2k game with Shaq on it I was on top of the fuckin world. Oh, also, when I got a red ryder bb gun. And a paintball gun.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-12-10, 01:02

New gun and some smokes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-12-10, 07:08

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Gijoespacecapsule
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-12-10, 07:52

my NJIT tshirt..

GO GREEN!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-12-10, 08:26

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/b8MAAOSwn51UalE7/$_35.JPG

Cox .042 gas powered tether Corvette. .............then there was the fleshlight
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-12-10, 08:53

Turtleneck wrote:New gun and some smokes.

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Il_fullxfull.168550889
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-12-10, 08:58

A model kit of the USS Hornet with the bombers from the Doolittle raid on the flight deck. I loved putting together models as a kid. Shit, I still do from time to time.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Oj 2014-12-10, 09:02

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Fa1

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Colecopp
Oj
Oj
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-10, 09:16

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Voltron
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-12-10, 09:34

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Tumblr_lbkxc9bPjb1qa0q13o1_r1_500

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Atat-front
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2014-12-10, 11:39

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Lump-of-coal-for-christmas
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-12-10, 11:57

Santa sent me this when I was 7, changed my life.

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? 51GZzviyqSL
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-12-10, 12:09

GirbaudJeans wrote:What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Lump-of-coal-for-christmas

That must have been a while ago. Banned by the EPA now.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2014-12-10, 15:50

Getting a Sega Genesis in 1996. Still remember how excited I was to fire it up for the first time to play Sonic the Hedgehog.

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? 307693_front What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Z
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-12-10, 20:49

GirbaudJeans wrote:What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Lump-of-coal-for-christmas

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? 1966794946 What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? 1966794946 What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? 1966794946
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rod Porkmore 2014-12-10, 20:50

Super Tecmo Bowl
Rod Porkmore
Rod Porkmore
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-10, 21:57

lump of coal?

Funny, seems I may have seen some incriminating Christmas morning home videos of an afro-headed young brat bitching to their parents about not getting them the proper accessories to go with their brand new Castle Grayskull......not naming any names.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-10, 22:23

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Ttravelerfront
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2014-12-10, 22:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

lump of coal?

Funny, seems I may have seen some incriminating Christmas morning home videos of an afro-headed young brat bitching to their parents about not getting them the proper accessories to go with their brand new Castle Grayskull......not naming any names.

For once your memory has failed you. Santa got me the wrong elbow pads. I specifically asked his fat ass for velcro. .. he got me elastic.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-10, 22:50

Can't remember anything in particular but always got great stuff from my parents at Christmas, God bless them.

My boys were 10 and 8 the Christmas after kitten gave me the divorce papers and we were still living together with all four kids. Always agreed with her about keeping TV time to a minimum but I was plenty pissed off that Christmas.

The boys almost shit themselves when they opened the Xbox (with Halo) I hid behind the tree. Looked at kitten and she was already looking at me. She was seething. The moment was priceless
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-12-10, 23:00

The Pantry wrote:Can't remember anything in particular but always got great stuff from my parents at Christmas, God bless them.

My boys were 10 and 8 the Christmas after kitten gave me the divorce papers and we were still living together with all four kids. Always agreed with her about keeping TV time to a minimum but I was plenty pissed off that Christmas.

The boys almost shit themselves when they opened the Xbox (with Halo) I hid behind the tree. Looked at kitten and she was already looking at me. She was seething. The moment was priceless

I don't know you or your story, but that bitch ass whore sounds like a complete ****. Congrats on your divorce! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Speaking of, why didn't #DivorcePapers top "look on kittens bitch ass whore **** face"?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2014-12-10, 23:01

(unt is not allowed here?

This place sucks.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-10, 23:53

tTy wrote:

I don't know you or your story, but that bitch ass whore sounds like a complete ****.  Congrats on your divorce!  cheers cheers cheers cheers

Speaking of, why didn't #DivorcePapers top "look on kittens bitch ass whore **** face"?
You must have missed the story on the old pre-247 board.  Classic stay-at-home-mommy, ungrateful cheating bitch.  Had the papers delivered on a rare Saturday morning I had off, which happened to be our 17th wedding anniversary. Was sleeping when she came in to the room at 8am and announced in a sing-song voice, "They're here!". Walked to the front door in a t-shirt and boxers to receive the papers from a process server.

Sort of gives me a headache recalling.  She's referred to as 'cunten' by one of my best friends
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-11, 00:41

Black tar heroin? Niiiiiiiice........
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-12-11, 04:07

HO scale race car set in 1970. Buddy of mine got a bigger one, but mine worked better. Cat used to play knocking the cars off the track. Hilarious stuff.

Every Xmas since then has sucked.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-19, 21:39

I'd like to see any additions to this thread - here's another memorable gift for me:

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? 09d663da3734cf7790181d74969d4015
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-12-19, 21:54

My dad was going to watch me for a weekend when I was 10. My mom wanted to rent us a Nintendo 64 and some games. She went to Blockbuster in Portage, but they were all taken. The clerk told her that Toys R Us across the street was literally having a drawing within the hour for one.

She went in, and waited 20 minutes. They called her name and she got the info. This was about 2 months before Christmas, they would hold it for her.

About a month before Christmas, we were at Crossroads mall. I was playing the demo N64 at Sears, and was so happy. I told her I was wishing for one for Christmas big time. She saw how excited I was to play it, and told me we were leaving. I didn't do anything wrong, so I was wondering what's up.

We go into TRU and she tells me she won something for me. It was the N64 with two controllers, Super Mario 64 and Wave Race 64. I was speechless. I think I gave her so many hugs that day. What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? 502811600 We went home and I played that shit for a long time non-stop. Still my favorite console ever.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-19, 22:10

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Il_570xN.687550206_lbbu

Got it when I was 7.  Wore it out in 2 years and my folks smehow found one for next  Christmas.
Roll forward 30 years (very early Amazon), my wife and I drove to some sports store in Livonia  to get a Stiga that my boy still has.  Only had to buy two replacement bars for the wings.

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Stiga_stanley_cup_4th_run_2003_hockey_rules_001

Old school but the EA stuff doesn't produce  as many week long tournaments and angry friends as table hockey.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2015-12-19, 22:27; edited 2 times in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-19, 22:11

GRR Spartan wrote:What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? Il_570xN.687550206_lbbu

Yes.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-19, 22:13

LooseGoose wrote:I'd like to see any additions to this thread - here's another memorable gift for me:

What was your best/favorite Christmas gift when you were a kid? 09d663da3734cf7790181d74969d4015

Love it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-19, 22:24

I remember one year, must have been late 80's, I was randomly shopping with my mom on a Saturday in probably November. I was I think in 6th grade. We were at Montgomery Ward in Wonderland Mall. I wandered into the toy section and what in the motherfuck - the lady is putting out new Nintendo (original NES) games that weren't rumored to come out for another 3 months. Legend of Zelda II (gold cartridge) and Super Mario Brothers 2. Not even joking this was 6 months before anyone else had them. I have no idea how or why MW got them on that day.

Mom was kind enough to scoop them both for me and hold them until Christmas morning. That was a fun Christmas.

Naturally a few months later after we had already beaten it my sister took Mario 2 to school to let someone borrow it and they "lost" it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next