Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dropping attendance nationwide

+14
Bill Cain
GRR Spartan
Banks2Mason
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
LoneWolfSparty
Rodeo Burger
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
beal99
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dropping attendance nationwide - Page 2 Empty Re: Dropping attendance nationwide

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-20, 20:15

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:We're giving up our season tickets for the coming season. We'll grab individual tickets for the big games but we're done paying $343 + donor fees to watch games like fucking Western Michigan. First time in 12 years we won't have season tickets.

Same boat pylon. Last season it felt absolutely stupid to have season tickets to go to a game that you could have gone to for $15 tops. Gonna drop them and just pick up tickets when I want to go

My buddy has missed home 10 games (most of them last couple years) in 26 years. He’s 50-50 on renewing this year.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Dropping attendance nationwide - Page 2 Empty Re: Dropping attendance nationwide

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-20, 20:31

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Same boat pylon. Last season it felt absolutely stupid to have season tickets to go to a game that you could have gone to for $15 tops. Gonna drop them and just pick up tickets when I want to go

My buddy has missed home 10 games (most of them last couple years) in 26 years. He’s 50-50 on renewing this year.

I reject the premise of your statement: No way you have friends.

Dropping attendance nationwide - Page 2 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-20, 20:36

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I reject the premise of your statement: No way you have friends.

Dropping attendance nationwide - Page 2 2809484752

LOL. I was showing him pinstripe bowl gear and he was Pooh poohing it. I was telling him it’s new York baby! Pinstripe bowl bitch. I got a ups delivery today. It was a pinstripe bowl champs T-shirt. We laughed via text.

So suck it greenway! Dropping attendance nationwide - Page 2 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-01-20, 20:54

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

I didn't read the article, but competition is not the reason. The reason is cellphones, attention spans of gnats, Twitter, big screen TVs, streaming, etc. Add in cost of attendance and the pain in the ass it is to get off the couch, drive, park, etc. and why would anyone go to a game?

I rarely go to anything outside of college football any more. And that is more to be with fam.and friends than be at the game.

As much as I love seeing our team playing night games on national tv, especially at SS, I do wonder if that also plays a role because of the hardship of having to drive home after the game. Not everyone can afford to stay overnight.
People also realize the risks and dangers of getting behind the wheel after drinking all day, and as we know from reading here, a lot of people don’t have the same amount of fun if they can’t drink like they used to at home games.

I've been lucky. My wife doesn't drink, so I have a driver after every game. But we also spend the night for night games. Without a driver, odds of me attending drop drastically.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2