Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Football Championship Weekend

4 posters

Go down

Fantasy Football Championship Weekend Empty Fantasy Football Championship Weekend

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-20, 08:03

Stafford or Philip Rivers?

Olsen or Gates?

Malcom Floyd, Larry Fitzgerald, or Reggie Wayne?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Football Championship Weekend Empty Re: Fantasy Football Championship Weekend

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-20, 08:53

The Pantry wrote:Stafford or Philip Rivers?

Olsen or Gates?

Malcom Floyd, Larry Fitzgerald, or Reggie Wayne?

I'd roll the dice with Stafford playing the Bears defense (vs. Rivers against the Niners).

TE is a crap shoot a lot of the time. I think Olsen is better from a consistency standpoint. Gates is more likely to get you a higher number, but also a much lower number.

Wayne might sit out (or not get a lot of snaps).

Arizona might not score, but Fitzgerald should get possession grabs. Maybe Floyd can catch a few long balls? Geez...who are your other receivers?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Football Championship Weekend Empty Re: Fantasy Football Championship Weekend

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-20, 09:23

Manning or Ryan

Haven't sat manning all year, but he's sucked lately
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-20, 09:33

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Manning or Ryan

Numbers and projections probably point to Ryan. All Peyton cares about is getting the dub. If the Broncos shut down the Bengals, which I sort of expect, they will run run run and make short passes to shorten the game. I've been a victim of a losing point spread many times because of Manning's approach.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-20, 09:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Numbers and projections probably point to Ryan. All Peyton cares about is getting the dub. If the Broncos shut down the Bengals, which I sort of expect, they will run run run and make short passes to shorten the game. I've been a victim of a losing point spread many times because of Manning's approach.

Main hangup i have with benching is the dude I'm going against has D Thomas

Also deciding between D Jackson today or Julio/Harry Douglas tomorrow

Last edited by CORNER BLITZ on 2014-12-20, 09:39; edited 1 time in total
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-20, 09:39

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Manning or Ryan

It would take some balls to sit Manning.

But, the Saints and Falcons are both terrible on defense. That should be a high scoring game. Julio might not play though. I could see the Saints winning 42-28 with Ryan getting a lot of points. Denver plays at Cincy on Monday night. What's the weather supposed to be like? Peyton doesn't play that great in the cold.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-20, 09:52

News is trending upward on Julio. I think he's going to play. Even if he doesn't, Douglas filled in nicely last weekend and Hester got pretty involved in the passing game. Indoors...I think I'd go Ryan.

I'm in a dilemma. I think Demarco is going to play. It's looking that way, anyway. But I didn't have the ability to pick up Randle, I could only get Dunbar. I also have Lesean McCoy and Forsett, who has had a huge year.

Problem is Cowboys play at 4:30 Sunday (vs. Colts - great matchup), Ravens play at 1 (vs. Texans) and Eagles play today (@ Washington).

My league is PPR and TDs and McCoy is off the goal line/short yardage package and I think I prefer Forsett and Murray. But can I risk waiting to find out the news on Murray?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-20, 10:03

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:News is trending upward on Julio. I think he's going to play. Even if he doesn't, Douglas filled in nicely last weekend and Hester got pretty involved in the passing game. Indoors...I think I'd go Ryan.

I'm in a dilemma. I think Demarco is going to play. It's looking that way, anyway. But I didn't have the ability to pick up Randle, I could only get Dunbar. I also have Lesean McCoy and Forsett, who has had a huge year.

Problem is Cowboys play at 4:30 Sunday (vs. Colts - great matchup), Ravens play at 1 (vs. Texans) and Eagles play today (@ Washington).

My league is PPR and TDs and McCoy is off the goal line/short yardage package and I think I prefer Forsett and Murray. But can I risk waiting to find out the news on Murray?

The Ravens are going to kill Houston.

Julio is getting a lot of pressure to play.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-20, 18:03

NigelUno wrote:

I'd roll the dice with Stafford playing the Bears defense (vs. Rivers against the Niners).

TE is a crap shoot a lot of the time. I think Olsen is better from a consistency standpoint. Gates is more likely to get you a higher number, but also a much lower number.

Wayne might sit out (or not get a lot of snaps).

Arizona might not score, but Fitzgerald should get possession grabs. Maybe Floyd can catch a few long balls? Geez...who are your other receivers?
10 team league. T.Y. Hilton (out), Roddy White & Charles Johnson

Have decided to put Floyd in for Hilton, Olsen & Stafford.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-20, 19:58

The Pantry wrote:10 team league. T.Y. Hilton (out), Roddy White & Charles Johnson

Have decided to put Floyd in for Hilton, Olsen & Stafford.

No love for Roddy?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-20, 20:12

NigelUno wrote:

No love for Roddy?
You asked who the other receivers are. Roddy and Charles Johnson (solid pick up a few weeks ago) are in. I was only deciding on who to put in for Hilton.

Fortunately, I have no questions at RB. Le'Veon, Jamaal Charles, and Fred Jackson in the flex position. Matt Bryant kicking (sitting Suisham) and Green Bay's defense to complete the lineup. Half PPR
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-20, 20:19

The Pantry wrote:You asked who the other receivers are. Roddy and Charles Johnson (solid pick up a few weeks ago) are in. I was only deciding on who to put in for Hilton.

Fortunately, I have no questions at RB. Le'Veon, Jamaal Charles, and Fred Jackson in the flex position. Matt Bryant kicking (sitting Suisham) and Green Bay's defense to complete the lineup. Half PPR

Oh. I thought you weren't playing Roddy. Got it.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-21, 00:03

Stafford and Olsen better have really good days tomorrow to cover me not playing Rivers and Gates Fantasy Football Championship Weekend 4198636888
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-21, 11:41

Do i give Julio a try, put in Douglas, or try Moncrief since it appears Hilton is out

Fuckin injuries
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-21, 11:45

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Do i give Julio a try, put in Douglas, or try Moncrief since it appears Hilton is out

Fuckin injuries

Julio is active. Gotta play him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-21, 11:46

The Pantry wrote:Stafford and Olsen better have really good days tomorrow to cover me not playing Rivers and Gates Fantasy Football Championship Weekend 4198636888

Harbaugh screwed you.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-21, 12:32

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Do i give Julio a try, put in Douglas, or try Moncrief since it appears Hilton is out

Fuckin injuries
Yeah, you gotta go with Julio. But, Moncrief will probably see a lot of targets with Hilton out and Wayne hurting
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-21, 17:09

Went Julio and Ryan... got hope manning wets the bed again
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-21, 18:33

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Went Julio and Ryan... got hope manning wets the bed again
Good move with Dallas pitching a shutout against Luck.

In a similar situation with Manning, who is supposedly a little banged up. My opponent has Demaryius Thomas.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-21, 19:21

The Pantry wrote:Good move with Dallas pitching a shutout against Luck.

In a similar situation with Manning, who is supposedly a little banged up. My opponent has Demaryius Thomas.

Same
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-12-22, 09:28

Russell Wilson to the rescue. Needed 37 points from him. He was projected at 27.5 and he got me 45. $800 difference.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-22, 09:30

I'm up 37 points with no one left while he's got Thomas

i benched manning, so I'm going to be super butthurt if i lose
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-22, 10:22

CORNER BLITZ wrote:I'm up 37 points with no one left while he's got Thomas

i benched manning, so I'm going to be super butthurt if i lose

We have a family league.  Each dad and a kid.  First round of the playoffs and I'm favored by like 35 points or something.  

I have Andrew Luck, Forsett, and Olsen playing, and the Raven's defense playing against like an 8th string QB.  I also have Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown, and Bell on my team, and NE's kicker. If Manning and Julius Thomas get negative points tonight, I'll win.

So, I lost to an 8 year old.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-22, 11:13

NigelUno wrote:

We have a family league.  Each dad and a kid.  First round of the playoffs and I'm favored by like 35 points or something.  

I have Andrew Luck, Forsett, and Olsen playing, and the Raven's defense playing against like an 8th string QB.  I also have Calvin Johnson, Antonio Brown, and Bell on my team, and NE's kicker. If Manning and Julius Thomas get negative points tonight, I'll win.

So, I lost to an 8 year old.

Haha ouch
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-12-22, 16:47

Lynch busting down the field for a TD probably did me in. Only up by 19 with no one left. He has Demaryius Thomas and C.J. Anderson playing tonight.

Stafford & Olsen screwed me totaling 10.52 between them. Meanwhile, Rivers and Gates are sitting on my bench with a total of almost 60.

This is very painful because it will be the 3rd straight season I came in 2nd place. Lost 2 years ago by 7. Lost last season by 4. All three losses to different managers. People in the league have started referring to me as "The Bridesmaid" Fantasy Football Championship Weekend 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-12-22, 17:05

The Pantry wrote:Lynch busting down the field for a TD probably did me in. Only up by 19 with no one left. He has Demaryius Thomas and C.J. Anderson playing tonight.

Stafford & Olsen screwed me totaling 10.52 between them. Meanwhile, Rivers and Gates are sitting on my bench with a total of almost 60.

This is very painful because it will be the 3rd straight season I came in 2nd place. Lost 2 years ago by 7. Lost last season by 4. All three losses to different managers. People in the league have started referring to me as "The Bridesmaid" Fantasy Football Championship Weekend 502811600

I had the #1 QB (Luck)
and the #1 RB (Bell)
and the #1 WR (Brown)
and the #1 K (Gostkowski)
and the #2 TE (Olsen)
and Calvin Johnson

and I lost to an 8 year old.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-27, 15:31

Our playoffs are 2 weeks, so up 20 from last week and put Peyton back as the starter

Only play I'm not huge on this week is Morris v. tCowboys. Have both ATL RBs and mr. Glass (bush) available to pick up if i decide against Morris
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down