Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Art Briles Finally Respect MSU?

+6
Death Roe
InTenSity
Snake Plissken
kingstonlake
LoneWolfSparty
Turtleneck
10 posters

Go down

Will Art Briles Finally Respect MSU? Empty Will Art Briles Finally Respect MSU?

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-01, 16:59

He says he does, but his votes have said otherwise in the past. Before the game and during the game Baylor's players and coaches seemed incredibly unlikable.

A look back through the poll's archive and Briles' ballots show the Baylor coach has ranked Michigan State lower than any of the other coaches two of the past three seasons the Spartans have been ranked in the Top 25.

It might just be that Michigan State's Rose Bowl win last season was what made Briles more of a believer.

When this season's ballots were revealed on Sunday, it showed 47 of the 61 coaches voted Michigan State No. 7.

Briles was one of 13 to vote the Spartans No. 8, and only Missouri's Gary Pinkel voted the Spartans lower, putting them at No. 10.

The previous two times Michigan State was ranked, however, it was Briles placing the Spartans lower than any other coach on the voting panels of the 2011 season and again in 2013.
http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2014/12/baylor_coach_art_briles_has_hi.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will Art Briles Finally Respect MSU? Empty Re: Will Art Briles Finally Respect MSU?

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-01-01, 16:59

They were pretty jerky throughout that game.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will Art Briles Finally Respect MSU? Empty Re: Will Art Briles Finally Respect MSU?

Post by Guest 2015-01-01, 17:01

CoachingSearch.com ‏@coachingsearch 21s21 seconds ago

RT @kylebaustin: Art Briles asked for his thoughts about the game. "Seriously?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-01, 17:04

LooseGoose wrote:CoachingSearch.com ‏@coachingsearch 21s21 seconds ago

RT @kylebaustin: Art Briles asked for his thoughts about the game. "Seriously?"

What an ass. I am sure he does not want to talk about it, but a "We lost to a good team. It was great game and MSU hung round and made plays" would be simple enough. His kid looks like a cocky asshole and their DC was on TV way too much. I was watching on a computer. I can't imagine what his mug looked like on a large HD screen.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-01-02, 11:39; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-01-01, 17:52

Did you guys know his son was calling plays? Surprised ESPN didn't highlight it more...
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-01-01, 18:30

kingstonlake wrote:Did you guys know his son was calling plays? Surprised ESPN didn't highlight it more...
I'm shocked
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-01-01, 18:32

Snake Plissken wrote:I'm shocked
Go ban me from TOS.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-01-01, 18:46

InTenSity wrote:
Go ban me from TOS.

God you're such a bitch.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-01-01, 19:08

Death Roe wrote:

God you're such a bitch.
U serious?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-01-01, 19:19

MD didn't look like too much of a fan of Briles at the post game handshake. The scowl went back on his face as soon as he started walking out there, and seemed rather curt with the handshake. Not that I expect them to smile and hug, but MD seemed to have a demeanor that said "Suck it, bitch!"
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-01-01, 19:39

MiamiSpartan wrote:MD didn't look like too much of a fan of Briles at the post game handshake. The scowl went back on his face as soon as he started walking out there, and seemed rather curt with the handshake. Not that I expect them to smile and hug, but MD seemed to have a demeanor that said "Suck it, bitch!"

Supposedly the Baylor players were trash talking prior to the game, refused to shake hands, etc. - that shit doesn't sit well with CoachD
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-01, 19:53

The Baylor players were up to all sorts of shit before the game. I would say act like you have been there before, but we are talking about Baylor football.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-01-01, 19:58

Turtleneck wrote:The Baylor players were up to all sorts of shit before the game. I would say act like you have been there before, but we are talking about Baylor football.

But they have been there before. Losing 52-42 to UCF in last years Fiesta lol.....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-01-01, 20:46

I didn't see the whole Briles press conference, but the part I did see...he came off like an asshole.

"It's, quite honestly, an embarrassment to me as a coach. I feel bad for our players, our team, our university.”
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-01-01, 20:52

NigelUno wrote:I didn't see the whole Briles press conference, but the part I did see...he came off like an asshole.

"It's, quite honestly, an embarrassment to me as a coach. I feel bad for our players, our team, our university.”
NigelUno wrote:I didn't see the whole Briles press conference, but the part I did see...he came off like an asshole.

THe coaches are blowing it!!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-01-01, 21:04

"Y'all can't stand us anyways, so I'm sure there will be plenty of things said about us," Petty said. "It sucks not to finish and again, that's on the players not the coaches. As far as the national scale, believe it or not, whether y'all like it or not, Baylor's going to be in the top."

Maybe if Y'all weren't such dick bags pre game. people might have a higher opinion.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-01, 22:02

So sad. Everybody hates Baylor.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2015-01-02, 11:31

Art Briles, when will he learn? Art Briles: Bad for the Coach's Poll.  Bad for America.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-01-02, 20:35

goodbar wrote:Art Briles, when will he learn? Art Briles: Bad for the Coach's Poll.  Bad for America.

Did you hear that Art Briles KILLED SIX HOOKERS IN TEXAS. I'M PRETTY SURE I HEARD THAT.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down