Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA investigating 20 schools for academic fraud

4 posters

Go down

NCAA investigating 20 schools for  academic fraud Empty NCAA investigating 20 schools for academic fraud

Post by Ass Dan 2015-01-21, 14:40

Yikes

"The cases are at various stages, from preliminary inquiry to awaiting a hearing with the Division I Committee on Infractions, and they involve a variety of missteps, including allegations that players received impermissible assistance from professors, academic advisers, or people outside of an athletic department. Eighteen of the cases are in Division I, one is in Division II, and one is in Division III. The official declined to name any of the colleges.

Last month Jonathan Duncan, the NCAA’s vice president for enforcement, said the association was investigating potential academic violations at 12 to 15 colleges.

In an interview on Tuesday, NCAA officials said they were looking at alleged academic misconduct in 20 athletic programs."

http://m.chronicle.com/article/NCAA-Says-It-s-Investigating/151315/?key=TGJ1dFFsMyASMCljNTYTYzlQbH1tMB5yMnQZYix3bltVFQ==
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NCAA investigating 20 schools for  academic fraud Empty Re: NCAA investigating 20 schools for academic fraud

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-01-21, 14:47

But let's go ahead and restore Penn State's vacated victories.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

NCAA investigating 20 schools for  academic fraud Empty Re: NCAA investigating 20 schools for academic fraud

Post by steveschneider 2015-01-21, 14:53

I've gotten to the point where I accept that this stuff is really just pro sports.

Too much moralizing in college sports. Every fan base thinks their schools is Holy U.

Time to draw up contracts, treat these guys as employees and some schools may see it fit 'gasp' to not require their athletes to take classes.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-01-21, 14:55

Obviously a direct result of the SEC bowl season results. The other conferences must be cheating.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down