Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Worst Question in Sports: What We Talk About When We Say ‘Talk About’

5 posters

Go down

Article The Worst Question in Sports: What We Talk About When We Say ‘Talk About’

Post by Heat Miser 2015-01-22, 18:46

The Worst Question in Sports: What We Talk About When We Say ‘Talk About’ 1486952199 Hate the "Talk About". I always thought Hondo started it.

Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Article Re: The Worst Question in Sports: What We Talk About When We Say ‘Talk About’

Post by Herbie Green 2015-01-22, 23:19

I thought it was Mad Dog. He usually talks about it first for several minutes and then asks "can you talk about that"
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Article Re: The Worst Question in Sports: What We Talk About When We Say ‘Talk About’

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-01-23, 08:06

Herbie Green wrote:I thought it was Mad Dog. He usually talks about it first for several minutes and then asks "can you talk about that"
definitely Mad Dog.. I seen him do it. There's no gettin' around it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2015-01-23, 08:29

Heat Miser wrote: The Worst Question in Sports: What We Talk About When We Say ‘Talk About’ 1486952199 Hate the "Talk About". I always thought Hondo started it.

That phrase drives me nuts too. Jim Rome does it a lot. One of the reasons I stopped listening to his program.

I'm not a big fan of interviews in general. Just play the games. I really don't care what happens before or after.

Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-01-23, 08:38

Frank Ricard wrote:

That phrase drives me nuts too. Jim Rome does it a lot. One of the reasons I stopped listening to his program.

I'm not a big fan of interviews in general. Just play the games. I really don't care what happens before or after.

I don't expect much from Mad Dog, but when you see/hear alleged "professionals" do it, it's so painful. Always reminds me of the Chris Farley/Paul McCartney skit..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-01-23, 09:01

Heat Miser wrote: The Worst Question in Sports: What We Talk About When We Say ‘Talk About’ 1486952199 Hate the "Talk About". I always thought Hondo started it.

Even worse is "how does it feel ?" After winning a big game. How the hell do you think it feels ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-01-23, 09:02

duffy munn wrote:

Even worse is "how does it feel ?" After winning a big game. How the hell do you think it feels ?
[running off the field at halftime]

"Coach, you're down 34-0. What do you plan on telling your defense"??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down