Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Year of the Flip in CFB

Go down

The Year of the Flip in CFB Empty The Year of the Flip in CFB

Post by Turtleneck 2015-01-30, 11:08

A good article on all the recent flips - albeit not a new phenomenon - in CFB. The article has some solid quotes from Blackwell. All-in-all it has to be rough getting a commitment and knowing they could change their mind in a matter of days. I'm not sure it is a huge deal, and if so what could be done about it. However, and it might just be me, but I feel like there are more players choosing to remain uncommitted (in both CFB and CBB) right up until the days before signing day. That is probably the best way for kids to manage their recruitment. 

Curtis Blackwell, Michigan State’s director of college advancement and performance, said the Spartans don’t have a policy on visits after verbal commitments. Michigan State takes a famously low-pressure approach and has very few decommitments annually. Blackwell said they tell recruits to think about where they want to be and then make the decision.
“I wouldn’t say we have a policy, but when you commit to Michigan State, you commit to Michigan State,” he said. “And guys that do tend to be locked in on Michigan State. That’s what it is. There’s no policy where we’ll tell a person, ‘Don’t do this’ or ‘Don’t do that.’
“We don’t force anyone to commit, we don’t pressure anyone. So when you do commit to us, you’re ready to end your process.”

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/college-football-recruiting-flip-tim-irvin-torrance-gibson
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Year of the Flip in CFB Empty Re: The Year of the Flip in CFB

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-01, 18:06

Will an early signing period become a reality?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25015736/will-college-football-early-signing-period-finally-pass
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-02-01, 18:19

Or the non flips. 247 Scout and Mlive all had stories up on this guy flipping from Washington State to scUM......except:

Deontay Burnett ‏@Deontay_Burnett

I have not committed to Michigan.

https://twitter.com/Deontay_Burnett/status/562014946817359873
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-01, 18:29

I just saw a headline in my feed about his flip. Hilarious.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down