Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For those that complain about too many timeouts

+4
Watch Out Pylon!
Code_Warrior
Travis of the Cosmos
LoneWolfSparty
8 posters

Go down

For those that complain about too many timeouts Empty For those that complain about too many timeouts

Post by LoneWolfSparty 22/02/15, 08:26 pm

In college basketball. I love how the comparison is always to hockey. When other sports have defended in bounds passes that you only get 5 seconds to complete then you can compare.

I say leave the game alone.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

For those that complain about too many timeouts Empty Re: For those that complain about too many timeouts

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 22/02/15, 08:41 pm

I don't think anyone is asking for any major changes. Just maybe we don't have 8 commercial breaks per 20 minute half anymore.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

For those that complain about too many timeouts Empty Re: For those that complain about too many timeouts

Post by LoneWolfSparty 22/02/15, 08:46 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don't think anyone is asking for any major changes. Just maybe we don't have 8 commercial breaks per 20 minute half anymore.

Yeah, I don't think anyone thinks that will happen. They like selling stuff to us.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 22/02/15, 08:52 pm

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Yeah, I don't think anyone thinks that will happen. They like selling stuff to us.
It would if they didn't give each team 47 time outs....
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 23/02/15, 10:33 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
You'd feel differently if we were down by 93 points and every one of those 47 timeouts resulted in a 2 point shot without the other team scoring a single point the rest of game. Then you'd be all about the 47 timeouts wouldn'tcha. Yeah, that's right, that's a fact jack.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 23/02/15, 10:45 am

Code_Warrior wrote:
You'd feel differently if we were down by 93 points and every one of those 47 timeouts resulted in a 2 point shot without the other team scoring a single point the rest of game.  Then you'd be all about the 47 timeouts wouldn'tcha.  Yeah, that's right, that's a fact jack.
Have we ever scored on a play after a timeout in the history of forever?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 23/02/15, 10:52 am

Have we ever scored on a play after a timeout in the history of forever?

Yes. Just yesterday as a matter of fact.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 23/02/15, 10:54 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Yes. Just yesterday as a matter of fact.
I don't believe you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 23/02/15, 11:34 am

I for one love it that the last two minutes of gametime takes a half hour. I think each team should get 10 TO's per half, and the 1st half TO's should carry over.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 23/02/15, 11:38 am

Less media time outs (not going to happen) so you cut down 1 or probably 2 coaching timeouts.. an emphasis to the refs to stay away from their fucking monitor
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 23/02/15, 11:42 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Less media time outs (not going to happen) so you cut down 1 or probably 2 coaching timeouts.. an emphasis to the refs to stay away from their fucking monitor

Thanks for reminding me. Mandatory reviews of each shot under a minute to look for possible fouls or violations. Hopefully that brings Hightower out of retirement.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 23/02/15, 11:55 am

Do something to make it easier to in bound the ball and I will gladly cut the coach's timeouts down. Until then, don't change anything.

Here's one! Make all called TOs 30 seconds.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 23/02/15, 12:25 pm

I'd rather see less time outs and more pressure situations where you are forced to inbound the ball even when the team is well covered.

I want action not stoppages.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 23/02/15, 12:33 pm

If they gave each team fewer time outs, I absolutely 100% guarantee you that the other time outs will be longer. The networks are not going to lose tens of millions of dollars over the course of the season due to fewer timeouts. They will add that commercial time back in elsewhere.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 23/02/15, 12:37 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
If they gave each team fewer time outs, I absolutely 100% guarantee you that the other time outs will be longer.  The networks are not going to lose tens of millions of dollars over the course of the season due to fewer timeouts.  They will add that commercial time back in elsewhere.
I'd be comfortable with finding another way to make up that revenue, depending on what it is. Some kind of small on screen ad really wouldn't bother me if I didn't have to see a 3 minute commercial because of a time out then 20 seconds of game then another 3 minute commercial because of a media timeout.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 23/02/15, 02:01 pm

I'd be comfortable with finding another way to make up that revenue, depending on what it is. Some kind of small on screen ad really wouldn't bother me if I didn't have to see a 3 minute commercial because of a time out then 20 seconds of game then another 3 minute commercial because of a media timeout.
Still not going to happen. If they could get away with putting an ad on screen in game (and I'm sure it's coming), they would use that as additional revenue, not to cut back on commercials.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 23/02/15, 02:06 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Still not going to happen.  If they could get away with putting an ad on screen in game (and I'm sure it's coming), they would use that as additional revenue, not to cut back on commercials.
LET ME DREAM
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 23/02/15, 02:07 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Still not going to happen. If they could get away with putting an ad on screen in game (and I'm sure it's coming), they would use that as additional revenue, not to cut back on commercials.

Sooo what you're saying is there is nothing that can be done?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 23/02/15, 03:55 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Sooo what you're saying is there is nothing that can be done?
At the risk of crushing Travis' dream, if the hope is that you'll get fewer commercial minutes during basketball games, then yes, I'm saying there is nothing that can be done. As the cost for TV rites increase, networks need to recoup that money. Maintaining revenue won't be enough, they'll look for anything they can to increase revenue. But that goes for any business. Investors aren't going to buy stock in a company because of flat earnings.

Though I guess saying that "nothing" can be done might be a little too definite. I suppose there could be a massive economic collapse to the point that they can't sell enough ads to fill the time. Or perhaps tens of millions of people joining a nationwide protest/boycott of advertisers.

So I guess I am saying there's a chance.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 23/02/15, 04:03 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
At the risk of crushing Travis' dream, if the hope is that you'll get fewer commercial minutes during basketball games, then yes, I'm saying there is nothing that can be done.  As the cost for TV rites increase, networks need to recoup that money.  Maintaining revenue won't be enough, they'll look for anything they can to increase revenue.  But that goes for any business.  Investors aren't going to buy stock in a company because of flat earnings.

Though I guess saying that "nothing" can be done might be a little too definite.   I suppose there could be a massive economic collapse to the point that they can't sell enough ads to fill the time.  Or perhaps tens of millions of people joining a nationwide protest/boycott of advertisers.

So I guess I am saying there's a chance.
Yeah, let's hope for that then. The massive economic collapse part.

Jokes aside, the product is getting shitty. If people stop watching as much then they might eventually start losing advertisers. At some point it would be worth it to not have a shitty product.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 23/02/15, 05:54 pm

Yeah, let's hope for that then. The massive economic collapse part.

Jokes aside, the product is getting shitty. If people stop watching as much then they might eventually start losing advertisers. At some point it would be worth it to not have a shitty product.

Also would like less whistles. Let them play so the game can be more fluid.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down