Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video)

+12
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Heat Miser
Cym Jim
Venice
SeeRockCity
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Ass Dan
Rodeo Burger
Marc Summers
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video) Empty Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video)

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-01, 23:36

Video

Pretty crazy stuff. To be honest, they seemed like some crazy ass bums, and I'm sure the guy who was shot was on all types of drugs. One of the downfalls of a place with nice weather all year is that it attracts these unwanteds.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video) Empty Re: Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video)

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-01, 23:39

If he's black I'm outraged.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video) Empty Re: Police kill homeless man in downtown Los Angeles(video)

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 00:15

I fucking hate cops. I don't have any idea what the fuck was going on here, but it seemed like a straight up execution from what I saw.

Fuck the police.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 00:20

Four or five armed dudes on top of a guy, then shots fired, then that guy is done.

I hope all of these cops fry, but everything I've read and experienced tells me they'll get some paid vacation, nothing more. I wish karma were real, all these motherfuckers would die horribly if it were.

I don't care what the guy was doing, you're telling me 4 or 5 trained officers can't restrain one motherfucker without using lethal force? Either they're all incompetent retards. or they're all guilty of murder.

Fuck tha police.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 00:22

The homeless guy just wanted the cop's gun so that he could prevent him from killing other homeless people.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-03-02, 00:25

Never reach for a cop's gun. You'll get shot.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-03-02, 00:28

Rodeo Burger wrote:Never reach for a cop's gun. You'll get shot.

This. Cameron and others can get as mad as they want but the golden rule is never do anything to remotely jeopardize an officer's life and you'll be fine.

Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 00:29

Rodeo Burger wrote:Never reach for a cop's gun. You'll get shot.

Probably shouldn't reach for your own gun, either.... while we're at it.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-03-02, 00:35

xsanguine wrote:

Probably shouldn't reach for your own gun, either.... while we're at it.

Not while being arrested, no. Engaging a cop with a gun (or any other weapon) is always going to end badly. If it gets to that point, you cooperate and either take your lumps for whatever crime you might have committed, or exonerate yourself by peaceful means.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 00:35

Ass Dan wrote:

This. Cameron and others can get as mad as they want but the golden rule is never do anything to remotely jeopardize an officer's life and you'll be fine.

Dude was subdued, then he was dead. Shit shouldn't go down like that. Everyone should be outraged by this, not just crazy people like me.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-02, 00:39

I hear a tazer, then maybe 2 seconds later shots. Not sure what makes you badge chasers assume he was reaching for a gun, but the taser sound makes me think he wasn't.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-03-02, 00:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I hear a tazer, then maybe 2 seconds later shots. Not sure what you badge chasers make you assume he was reaching for a gun, but the taser sound makes me think he wasn't.

His arm was flailing/reaching at the cops that were trying to subdue him, and one of the cops was yelling "He's going for the gun!". I put 2 and 2 together, came up with 4.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 00:46

Rodeo Burger wrote:

His arm was flailing/reaching at the cops that were trying to subdue him, and one of the cops was yelling "He's going for the gun!". I put 2 and 2 together, came up with 4.

Thing is, you're a fucking retard.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-02, 00:47

Rodeo Burger wrote:

His arm was flailing/reaching at the cops that were trying to subdue him, and one of the cops was yelling "He's going for the gun!".  I put 2 and 2 together, came up with 4.
You don't think the undeniable taser noise had him potentially restrained that maybe, just maybe, they should have waited for a second before killing him?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-02, 00:49

From what I'm seeing, it seemed like the cops had the authority to shoot this guy. He obviously was on enough drugs where even a taser wasn't keeping him from resisting.

Shitty situation, but it's probably better that this extremely mentally ill man is no longer part of society.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 00:50

You guys all seem to have it figured out. I couldn't see shit with all the tussling.

This is usually where I let the experts bicker over what did and didn't happen. I'm sure it will be an amicable discussion.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-02, 00:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
You don't think the undeniable taser noise had him potentially restrained that maybe, just maybe, they should have waited for a second before killing him?
Further... Do you think that maybe, just maybe, the police officer that pulled the trigger should have to answer to a jury like any other citizen would rather than a prosecutor that goes golfing with the chief and a grand jury that does whatever the prosecutor tells them to do?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 00:51

Further... Do you think that maybe, just maybe, the police officer that pulled the trigger should have to answer to a jury like any other citizen would rather than a prosecutor that goes golfing with the chief and a grand jury that does whatever the prosecutor tells them to do?

Well... yeah. But we live in a 'Democracy' (lol). That's just how it works.

Last edited by xsanguine on 2015-03-02, 00:52; edited 1 time in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-03-02, 00:52

No
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-02, 00:52

xsanguine wrote:You guys all seem to have it figured out. I couldn't see shit with all the tussling.

This is usually where I let the experts bicker over what did and didn't happen. I'm sure it will be an amicable discussion.
Thats my thing dude. I don't know what happened for sure. Lets not let the people that are buddies with the cop that pulled the trigger make that determination though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-02, 00:57

Thats my thing dude. I don't know what happened for sure. Lets not let the people that are buddies with the cop that pulled the trigger make that determination though.

If you watch the video, the guy who is shot was obviously all cracked out. They are obviously somewhere is the ghetto as well, so it doesn't help that there area bunch of people hanging around with absolutely nothing better to do than harass the police for doing a job.

From my perspective with the HD turned on, it seemed like the crackhead went for a cop's gun. Open and shut case, and happy to have another crackhead away from society.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 00:59

I feel ya... I think the only way they're going to give the cop anything other than a paid vacation is if it's straight up obvious he was in the wrong. Like I said... there's too much tussling to determine exactly what's happening... but that's the thing. There's tussling. When someone is tussling with 4+ cops, that's usually the sign of someone that's willing to do what it takes to get away from them... including reaching for their weapon(s). So when the guy is yelling for him to drop the gun or not go for the gun... they're probably going to side with blue.

I'd never want to be a cop. You spend all day just trying to get to the end of the shift without getting hurt or killed and sometimes that means you have to be the one doing the killing... which will be second guessed constantly. One of my best friends is on LPD so back in the day I use to go on ride alongs all the time... my first one we got into a 130mph car chase down 496 and watched my buddy slugging it out with some dude in the median. At the beginning of that shift he taught me the code to release the shotgun in the center console and told me not to hesitate to use it if things look hairy.... so seeing him trading punches with some big prison yard motherfucker put me in a weird spot. Luckily his other buddies were there pretty quickly and they took the guy down so I didn't have to find out.

Not my thing, glad I switched majors.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-03-02, 01:00

I don't know what the LAPD rules of engagement are, so I can't really say. I'm sure that will become part of the discussion, at least among rational adults.

I do know that an uncooperative citizen who resists arrest, isn't restrained and seems unaffected by a Tazer, who happens to be reaching for a gun is probably taking his chances in thinking that he can continue to resist without consequence.

Let's not start the looting just yet.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-02, 01:01

Marc Summers wrote:

If you watch the video, the guy who is shot was obviously all cracked out. They are obviously somewhere is the ghetto as well, so it doesn't help that there area bunch of people hanging around with absolutely nothing better to do than harass the police for doing a job.

From my perspective with the HD turned on, it seemed like the crackhead went for a cop's gun. Open and shut case, and happy to have another crackhead away from society.
If I kill a crackhead during a struggle on video, the case goes to trial to determine if it was justified. Why should a cop be any different?

Edit- is it their community college education that gives them this free pass? Shit, Nucky should be on my side on that one.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-02, 01:03

If I kill a crackhead during a struggle on video, the case goes to trial to determine if it was justified. Why should a cop be any different?

Edit- is it their community college education that gives them this free pass? Shit, Nucky should be on my side on that one.

I'm fine with that, but this one seems very straightforward. It shouldn't even require going to a jury.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 01:05

Marc Summers wrote:From what I'm seeing, it seemed like the cops had the authority to shoot this guy. He obviously was on enough drugs where even a taser wasn't keeping him from resisting.

Shitty situation, but it's probably better that this extremely mentally ill man is no longer part of society.

We'd all be better off if you weren't a part of society, you fucking idiot.

Cops have the "authority" to shoot pretty much anyone, anywhere. Doesn't make it okay, doesn't make it a society that I want to be a part of.

If you killed yourself today, literally everyone in the whole fucking world would be better off. Something to ponder...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-03-02, 01:06

Trial?  It will be investigated, just like this shooting will be, but it certainly is not a foregone conclusion that it goes to trial.  People are deemed justified in using deadly force all the time, civilians and cops alike.  All the damn time.

Last edited by Rodeo Burger on 2015-03-02, 01:07; edited 1 time in total
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-02, 01:07

Cameron wrote:

Cops have the "authority" to shoot pretty much anyone, anywhere. Doesn't make it okay, doesn't make it a society that I want to be a part of.

If you killed yourself today, literally everyone in the whole fucking world would be better off. Something to ponder...

Do you honestly expect someone who resists arrest for about 40 seconds and grabs an officer's gun while being tased on the ground to not be shot? Let's be serious here. Like I said it's a shitty situation, but this guy definitely deserved to get a series of bullets into him.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 01:09

It's just sad that this homeless gentlemen is in the position in life that he is in that he's tussling with cops.

No matter how drunk I've been I've never tried resisting police handcuffing me. When dealing with cops you immediately just have to shut down and let the process handle itself. You're always going to lose if you start fighting or back talking them. Not saying I agree... but it's a matter of self-preservation.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-02, 01:10

Rodeo Burger wrote:

Trial?  It will be investigated, just like this shooting will be, but it certainly is a foregone conclusion that it goes to trial.  People are deemed justified in using deadly force all the time, civilians and cops alike.  All the damn time.
Who will investigate it? The same guy that went out the previous night with those cops and was joking that morning about how hungover they all were? Yeah, that's the guy. He sounds impartial.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-02, 01:10

Cameron wrote:

Why do you so adamantly stand up for someone who has absolutely no positive impact on society whatsoever? This guy lives in a tent on the sidewalk in LA and fucks with people while on a variety of drugs. Not exactly the kind of person society deems beneficial.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 01:12

Marc Summers wrote:

Yeah, let's just murder all addicts, that will benefit society. Anyone who takes a Xanax everyday, anyone who needs an adderall, fucking shoot 'em in the head. That will make the world a better place...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-02, 01:14

Cameron wrote:

Yeah, let's just murder all addicts, that will benefit society. Anyone who takes a Xanax everyday, anyone who needs an adderall, fucking shoot 'em in the head. That will make the world a better place...

He shouldn't have been shot only because he's a drug addict. He should have been shot for attempting to grab a cop's gun.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 01:15

Marc Summers wrote:

Why do you so adamantly stand up for someone who has absolutely no positive impact on society whatsoever? This guy lives in a tent on the sidewalk in LA and fucks with people while on a variety of drugs. Not exactly the kind of person society deems beneficial.

Maybe, just maybe, the guy had (HAD, he's dead now) a mental condition that could have been treated if our ****ed up society valued mental health more than stockpiling nukes to scare Iran.

I don't deem you beneficial, nor does any other rational human being. Does that mean you should be executed without trial?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-03-02, 01:16

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 01:17

Marc Summers wrote:

He shouldn't have been shot only because he's a drug addict. He should have been shot for attempting to grab a cop's gun.

Please kill yourself. Literally every single human being on the planet would be better off if you did. That includes the vast majority of humanity who has no idea you even exist.

But seriously, suicide is a great option for you. I have tips, if you need help deciding exactly how to do it...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-03-02, 01:18

I blame the war on drugs.

Seriously.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-03-02, 01:21

Who will investigate it? The same guy that went out the previous night with those cops and was joking that morning about how hungover they all were? Yeah, that's the guy. He sounds impartial.

Probably the same as every other shooting. A whole slew of agencies and divisions (internal and external), all tasked with various duties ranging from seeing whether it complies with use of deadly force guidelines, to an independent review of the facts of the case.

The investigation will ultimately be reviewed by the Chief of Police, the Office of the Inspector General and Board of Police Commissioners for compliance with the Departments use-of-force policy, which states that an officer’s use-of-force actions must be objectively reasonable.

Additionally, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Justice System Integrity Division will conduct a comprehensive review of the facts of the officer-involved-shooting.

Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-03-02, 01:26

Rodeo Burger wrote:

Probably the same as every other shooting. A whole slew of agencies and divisions (internal and external), all tasked with various duties ranging from seeing whether it complies with use of deadly force guidelines, to an independent review of the facts of the case.

The investigation will ultimately be reviewed by the Chief of Police, the Office of the Inspector General and Board of Police Commissioners for compliance with the Departments use-of-force policy, which states that an officer’s use-of-force actions must be objectively reasonable.

Additionally, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Justice System Integrity Division will conduct a comprehensive review of the facts of the officer-involved-shooting.

To summarize, the state will determine whether the state's use of force in this instance was justified.

Yeah, justice will be done...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-02, 01:27

Cameron wrote:

Please kill yourself. Literally every single human being on the planet would be better off if you did. That includes the vast majority of humanity who has no idea you even exist.

But seriously, suicide is a great option for you. I have tips, if you need help deciding exactly how to do it...

Haha, you're a nutjob. Enjoy sticking up for the absolute scum of the Earth.

Last edited by Marc Summers on 2015-03-02, 01:28; edited 1 time in total
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next