Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Fox Sports reporter wears blackface... Didn't mean it to be offensive.

+5
The_Dude
Marc Summers
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
Rocinante
9 posters

Go down

Australian Fox Sports reporter wears blackface... Didn't mean it to be offensive. Empty Australian Fox Sports reporter wears blackface... Didn't mean it to be offensive.

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-20, 11:36

http://deadspin.com/australian-fox-sports-reporter-posts-picture-of-herself-1698953653

How insular does your life have to be to think that this is okay in 2015?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Australian Fox Sports reporter wears blackface... Didn't mean it to be offensive. Empty Re: Australian Fox Sports reporter wears blackface... Didn't mean it to be offensive.

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-20, 11:37

Australian Fox Sports reporter wears blackface... Didn't mean it to be offensive. Pmca1brnonjrprrbf0b8
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Australian Fox Sports reporter wears blackface... Didn't mean it to be offensive. Empty Re: Australian Fox Sports reporter wears blackface... Didn't mean it to be offensive.

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-20, 11:38

Australian Fox Sports reporter wears blackface... Didn't mean it to be offensive. The-host
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-20, 11:42

I only care about the United States.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-20, 13:06

scratch Australian Fox Sports reporter wears blackface... Didn't mean it to be offensive. 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-04-20, 13:26

Wearing black paint on your face is not racist. Hating people due to the color of their skin is racist.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-20, 13:37

We now live in the age of faux outrage...yay.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-20, 13:38

Marc Summers wrote:Wearing black paint on your face is not racist. Hating people due to the color of their skin is racist.

The_Dude wrote:We now live in the age of faux outrage...yay.

I never would have been able to predict that the two of you would react to this in this way.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-20, 13:40

Rocinante wrote:
Marc Summers wrote:Wearing black paint on your face is not racist. Hating people due to the color of their skin is racist.

The_Dude wrote:We now live in the age of faux outrage...yay.

I never would have been able to predict that the two of you would react to this in this way.

You honestly expect me to believe that an upper middle class white women who wears Prada and eats $15 vegan lunches truly, honestly gives a crap a sports reporter in Australia painter her face black?

You serious, Clark?

And if you are offended someone painted their face black you are an example of why society sucks.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-20, 13:43

Sleep

This is a refreshing thread.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-20, 13:45

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Sleep

This is a refreshing thread.

yeah no shit...I am soooo fucking mad that a sports reporter in Australia painted her face black.....Australian Fox Sports reporter wears blackface... Didn't mean it to be offensive. 1896033241
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-20, 13:48

The_Dude wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

You honestly expect me to believe that an upper middle class white women who wears Prada and eats $15 vegan lunches truly, honestly gives a crap a sports reporter in Australia painter her face black?

You serious, Clark?

And if you are offended someone painted their face black you are an example of why society sucks.

I don't know what you're talking about with the first part. I am no more offended by this than I am by people using the word "retarded" when referring to people in general conversation. But, anyone with a lick of sense just doesn't do that anymore. I simply continue to find it surprising that white people, from American college girls to Fox Sports personalities in Australia go through the entire hours long process of painting their faces black and never once stop and think "maybe this isn't a good idea" before going out in public or posting pics on social media.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-20, 14:44

Rocinante wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

You serious, Clark?

I don't know what you're talking about with the first part. I am no more offended by this than I am by people using the word "retarded" when referring to people in general conversation. But, anyone with a lick of sense just doesn't do that anymore. I simply continue to find it surprising that white people, from American college girls to Fox Sports personalities in Australia go through the entire hours long process of painting their faces black and never once stop and think "maybe this isn't a good idea" before going out in public or posting pics on social media.

Agreed about social media--that's why I don't use it because one wrong sentence and the trolls come out demanding you be fired, etc.

I am still somewhat amazed people who have public profiles post stupid crap on social media...have people really not figured it out yet?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-20, 16:58

The_Dude wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about with the first part.  I am no more offended by this than I am by people using the word "retarded" when referring to people in general conversation.  But, anyone with a lick of sense just doesn't do that anymore.  I simply continue to find it surprising that white people, from American college girls to Fox Sports personalities in Australia go through the entire hours long process of painting their faces black and never once stop and think "maybe this isn't a good idea" before going out in public or posting pics on social media.

Agreed about social media--that's why I don't use it because one wrong sentence and the trolls come out demanding you be fired, etc.

I am still somewhat amazed people who have public profiles post stupid crap on social media...have people really not figured it out yet?
It's awesome when people post on a social media site say that they don't use social media.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-04-20, 17:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

It's awesome when people post on a social media site say that they don't use social media.

Wrong. I dont use Instagram or Twitter or whatever. Anonymous message board isnt the same as social media with your face and name bro.

Plus people care more when you have a high profile job or career or are in the public eye.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-04-20, 17:08

You're the worst.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-04-20, 17:14

Rocinante wrote: I simply continue to find it surprising that white people, from American college girls to Fox Sports personalities in Australia go through the entire hours long process of painting their faces black and never once stop and think "maybe this isn't a good idea" before going out in public or posting pics on social media.

This doesn't surprise me at all. I would bet many younger people have no idea this is something bad.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-20, 17:17

The Dude is outraged at fake outrage.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-04-20, 17:30

I was going to make a noteworthy comment, but fuck it, it's Australia, they can live their lives however they want to on the other side of the planet.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-20, 17:55

The_Dude wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Wrong. I dont use Instagram or Twitter or whatever. Anonymous message board isnt the same as social media with your face and name bro.

Plus people care more when you have a high profile job or career or are in the public eye.
Sorry, I know people here don't want to think that they can be lumped in with any societal craze, but message boards are definitely social media....bro. Anonymous has nothing to do with it. Not everyone on tSwill, SpartanMag, or tRCMB post anonymously. You, me, or anyone else can go on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook and create an account that is just as anonymous as "The Dude" or "MiamiSpartan".

Say you don't use your real name on social media, that's cool. But don't pretend that you don't use social media.

And I'm not much of a Facebook/Twitter/Instagram user, so I'm not trying to use this board to justify that. I've never posted anything on my "wall" on Facebook, only use Twitter (and without my real name) to follow a couple of sports teams and a handful of sports journalists/podcasts, and I do not have an Instagram account at all. But I recognize that I've been active on social media for 15+ years with this, tRCMB, and other message boards.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down