Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will be that person -- Izzo to NBA

+5
Turtleneck
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Floyd Robertson
gomersbro
9 posters

Go down

I will be that person -- Izzo to NBA Empty I will be that person -- Izzo to NBA

Post by gomersbro 2015-04-20, 16:21

Izzo wrote:There are guys coming out this year that I can't believe. I mean, I'm thinking about coming out. I'd have just as good of a chance of getting drafted.

affraid

I agree with Izzo that everyone should sit down and find a compromise that helps everyone involved. However there is too much $$$ involved so nothing will happen.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

I will be that person -- Izzo to NBA Empty Re: I will be that person -- Izzo to NBA

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-04-20, 17:46

Let kids apply for the NBA draft right out of H.S., but if they don't get drafted they are ineligible to sign a LOI for 12 months after the draft, and only eligible if they do not play professionally anywhere. Players who go college on deferred scholarships, after not getting drafted, are not eligible for the draft until after their sophomore season.  So, if they don't get drafted, it will take them three years to be eligible for the draft.

Players who go straight to college are not eligible for the NBA draft until after their sophomore year.

The faster track to the NBA for marginal players coming out of H.S. will be to skip the draft and go straight to college.  They'll hopefully be better players and more mature individuals when they're draft eligible.

:ducksforcover:
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

I will be that person -- Izzo to NBA Empty Re: I will be that person -- Izzo to NBA

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-04-20, 17:53

I would rather beef up the D league and extend the draft by 2 rounds. Let anyone who wants to go pro out of HS go pro. If they get drafted but aren't NBA ready they can play for their team's D league affiliate, while getting paid and developing their skills in a professional environment.

Only players who want to go to college go to college. If you go to college, you have to stay 3 years before you are draft eligible.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-04-20, 17:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I would rather beef up the D league and extend the draft by 2 rounds. Let anyone who wants to go pro out of HS go pro. If they get drafted but aren't NBA ready they can play for their team's D league affiliate, while getting paid and developing their skills in a professional environment.

Only players who want to go to college go to college. If you go to college, you have to stay 3 years before you are draft eligible.
Can't see anything wrong with that, either.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-20, 18:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I would rather beef up the D league and extend the draft by 2 rounds. Let anyone who wants to go pro out of HS go pro. If they get drafted but aren't NBA ready they can play for their team's D league affiliate, while getting paid and developing their skills in a professional environment.

Like MLB basically.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-20, 18:06

NigelUno wrote:

Like MLB basically.

Yeah, I heard that Izzo to the MLB rumor, too. There might be something to it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-20, 22:03

gomersbro wrote:From: Izzo on CBB/NBA

Izzo wrote:There are guys coming out this year that I can't believe. I mean, I'm thinking about coming out. I'd have just as good of a chance of getting drafted.

affraid

I agree with Izzo that everyone should sit down and find a compromise that helps everyone involved. However there is too much $$$ involved so nothing will happen.

Great slam by izzo on final four acc crew. Completely fucked us and Wisconsin out of a championship.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-20, 22:04

NigelUno wrote:

Like MLB basically.

Fwiw, college baseball is a total joke. Not sure I want that, but do get it.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-04-20, 22:51

The NBA has no incentive to change the current system. It was put in place precisely because it benefits the NBA and saves them tons of money.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-04-20, 23:03

^^This is true, but Adam Silver wants to change it. It's a NBAPA holdup at this point.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-21, 09:59

Interesting read. I also, clicked on the links for the UCONN coach and Mark Cuban and read what they had to say.

Felt like Izzo and Cuban were talking about two completely different problems. Cuban was more ticked off about how physical the game is and how bad the officiating is....his argument can be summed up right here:

"Cuban hopes that the NCAA's rules and officiating style change to allow faster offenses to succeed instead of rewarding teams that milk the clock and play boring basketball."

I also felt like some of his call outs were aimed at teams like MSU, that struggled at the half court offense.

"You've got three kids passing on the perimeter. With 10 seconds on the shot clock, they try to make something happen and two other kids stand around. They don't look for anything and then run back on defense, so there's no transition game because two out of five or three out of five or in some cases four out of five kids aren't involved in the play.

"It's horrible. It's ridiculous," Cuban said. "It's worse than high school. You've got 20 to 25 seconds of passing on the perimeter and then somebody goes and tries to make a play and do something stupid, and scoring's gone down.

I think the answer is to improve the refs, shorten the shot clock and move back the 3pt line to encourage more of a mid range game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-21, 10:08

Blanch32 wrote:
gomersbro wrote:From: Izzo on CBB/NBA

affraid

Great slam by izzo on final four acc crew. Completely fucked us and Wisconsin out of a championship.
couldn't have said it better myself.

+1
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-21, 10:11

[quote="steveschneider"]Interesting read. I also, clicked on the links for the UCONN coach and Mark Cuban and read what they had to say.

Felt like Izzo and Cuban were talking about two completely different problems. Cuban was more ticked off about how physical the game is and how bad the officiating is....his argument can be summed up right here:

"Cuban hopes that the NCAA's rules and officiating style change to allow faster offenses to succeed instead of rewarding teams that milk the clock and play boring basketball."

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-21, 11:25

Doubt Cuban is bitching about our offense because we simply take the first open shot. Very rarely are we killing the clock.

Duke on the other hand is playing boring ball BC their entire offense is predicated on terrible officiating.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-21, 12:50

Blanch32 wrote:Doubt Cuban is bitching about our offense because we simply take the first open shot. Very rarely are we killing the clock.

Duke on the other hand is playing boring ball BC their entire offense is predicated on terrible officiating.

What do you think they should do to improve the game?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-21, 12:54

steveschneider wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Doubt Cuban is bitching about our offense because we simply take the first open shot. Very rarely are we killing the clock.

What do you think they should do to improve the game?

I'm counter intuitive... Stop calling fouls and blowing the whistle. Its a sad fact that the refs are out of shape so they call stuff to catch their breath. This needs to stop. There needs to be a physical conditioning test of sorts. Fuck this union seniority mentality.

So Go out and recruit ex d I players to become refs. I.e. if jess settles or whoever played at Iowa for 10 years calls a foul, I can live with it.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down