Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what's the prognosis for this board?

+17
Code_Warrior
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
NigelUno
LoneWolfSparty
Ass Dan
InTenSity
steveschneider
Heat Miser
Giant Moose
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Vlad
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So what's the prognosis for this board? Empty So what's the prognosis for this board?

Post by Vlad 2015-04-30, 10:05

Seems like it was struggling to get the required traffic to make it a viable alternative. Has the traffic increased a bit? (Hopefully it never reaches RCMB levels though.)

Oh, and if I were to start posting here more, will that help or hurt the prognosis?? So what's the prognosis for this board? 2599972566
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So what's the prognosis for this board? Empty Re: So what's the prognosis for this board?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-30, 10:07

Vlad wrote:Seems like it was struggling to get the required traffic to make it a viable alternative. Has the traffic increased a bit? (Hopefully it never reaches RCMB levels though.)

Oh, and if I were to start posting here more, will that help or hurt the prognosis?? So what's the prognosis for this board? 2599972566
this place is actually great.. it's not overridden with posters but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Seems like everyone here gets along (for the most part), freedom of speech, thought and expression is honored and most of us seem to understand that with those freedoms come responsibility..

it's a great place to be an American and a Spartan. You should post here more, dude.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So what's the prognosis for this board? Empty Re: So what's the prognosis for this board?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-04-30, 10:15

Vlad wrote:Seems like it was struggling to get the required traffic to make it a viable alternative. Has the traffic increased a bit? (Hopefully it never reaches RCMB levels though.)

It sucks. You can leave now.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-30, 10:25

This board is solid for a young board.

Does this board have a domain that can redirect to spartanswill.forumotion.com? I guess MSU owns spartanswill.com but something that is easier to share with others might be nice.

Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-30, 10:28

Giant Moose wrote:This board is solid for a young board.

Does this board have a domain that can redirect to spartanswill.forumotion.com? I guess MSU owns spartanswill.com but something that is easier to share with others might be nice.

tswill.com
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-04-30, 10:28

Heat Miser wrote:tswill.com
Awesome. Thanks.

Last edited by Giant Moose on 2015-04-30, 10:28; edited 1 time in total
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-04-30, 10:28

This board was running great until you started this thread.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-30, 10:32

I'm hoping it doesn't get so busy that no one comes here anymore.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-04-30, 10:35

Some days are more active than other days. Weekends are pretty dead. Work hours seem to be the most active.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-04-30, 10:37

Why do we need to have this thread? The board is fine right now, fuck off vlad
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-04-30, 10:41

Ass Dan wrote:Why do we need to have this thread? The board is fine right now, fuck off vlad

Like honestly, is anyone losing sleep that we don't have five additional threads started per day? We discuss shit when there is stuff to discuss. It's like a marriage (seeing myself up here). Just because we're not posting every minute of every day doesn't mean we're going anywhere else.

Some of you guys are way too concerned with being rcmb pt. 2. In case you haven't noticed, that place sucks. Just a bunch of dweebs fawning over teens and rehashing the same jokes, most of which came from guys that post here now.

We'll be fine
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-30, 10:41

Post exactly what I think you should and it will help.

Signed,

Heatmiser
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-04-30, 10:44

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Signed,

Heatmiser

I hope you to get audited
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-04-30, 10:45

Heat Miser wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:This board is solid for a young board.

tswill.com

PM sent. So what's the prognosis for this board? 3003718628
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-30, 10:46

InTenSity wrote:Some days are more active than other days. Weekends are pretty dead. Work hours seem to be the most active.
you're welcome.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-04-30, 10:47

Ass Dan wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:Why do we need to have this thread? The board is fine right now, fuck off vlad

Like honestly, is anyone losing sleep that we don't have five additional threads started per day? We discuss shit when there is stuff to discuss. It's like a marriage (seeing myself up here). Just because we're not posting every minute of every day doesn't mean we're going anywhere else.

Some of you guys are way too concerned with being rcmb pt. 2. In case you haven't noticed, that place sucks. Just a bunch of dweebs fawning over teens and rehashing the same jokes, most of which came from guys that post here now.

We'll be fine
good post.

(seriously)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-30, 12:33

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Signed,

Heatmiser

So what's the prognosis for this board? 1494614055
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-30, 13:07

Prognosis? Pain.

So what's the prognosis for this board? Rocky-iii-33
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-30, 13:20

Ass Dan wrote:

We'll be fine
Exactly. We've got a nice little niche here. There's a good mix here of mostly good people, a few assholes, and a few that are annoying. It's a smaller, more intimate setting. Putting it in an MSU context, it reminds me of hanging out with people on your floor, as opposed to the entire dorm. A smaller group with lots of different personalities and viewpoints. You like some better than others, but you interact with everyone.

As for the fewer number of posts and threads, like you said, we discuss stuff when there's stuff to discuss. Well put. If we all start trying to come up with any worthless little things to post just for the sake of creating content, then I would fear for the future of board. That's how you get nothing but dull, boring threads.

It's OT season, it's going to be quiet around here. Last year we had a lot of people checking it out and testing the waters at this time, but this is the first true OT season with the niche that the board has settled in to.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-04-30, 13:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:

We'll be fine
Exactly.  We've got a nice little niche here.  There's a good mix here of mostly good people, a few assholes, and a few that are annoying.  It's a smaller, more intimate setting.  Putting it in an MSU context, it reminds me of hanging out with people on your floor, as opposed to the entire dorm.  A smaller group with lots of different personalities and viewpoints.  You like some better than others, but you interact with everyone.

As for the fewer number of posts and threads, like you said, we discuss stuff when there's stuff to discuss.  Well put.  If we all start trying to come up with any worthless little things to post just for the sake of creating content, then I would fear for the future of board.  That's how you get nothing but dull, boring threads.  

It's OT season, it's going to be quiet around here.  Last year we had a lot of people checking it out and testing the waters at this time, but this is the first true OT season with the niche that the board has settled in to.
Hey, you guys want to put a slip n slide in the hallway tonight? Pretty sure I can sneak a keg in in a laundry cart.

Just make sure that SRC and Heat are staying at their girlfriends place tonight. Theyll have to report us if they catch us.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2015-04-30, 13:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:

We'll be fine
Exactly.  We've got a nice little niche here.  There's a good mix here of mostly good people, a few assholes, and a few that are annoying.  It's a smaller, more intimate setting.  Putting it in an MSU context, it reminds me of hanging out with people on your floor, as opposed to the entire dorm.  A smaller group with lots of different personalities and viewpoints.  You like some better than others, but you interact with everyone.

As for the fewer number of posts and threads, like you said, we discuss stuff when there's stuff to discuss.  Well put.  If we all start trying to come up with any worthless little things to post just for the sake of creating content, then I would fear for the future of board.  That's how you get nothing but dull, boring threads.  

It's OT season, it's going to be quiet around here.  Last year we had a lot of people checking it out and testing the waters at this time, but this is the first true OT season with the niche that the board has settled in to.
Hey, you guys want to put a slip n slide in the hallway tonight? Pretty sure I can sneak a keg in in a laundry cart.

Just make sure that SRC and Heat are staying at their girlfriends place tonight. Theyll have to report us if they catch us.

We had bottle rocket fights in Wilson hall. Kegs were common. I'll look the other way. Just keep my cup full & don't puke on the carpet.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-30, 13:29

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:

We'll be fine
Exactly. We've got a nice little niche here. There's a good mix here of mostly good people, a few assholes, and a few that are annoying. It's a smaller, more intimate setting. Putting it in an MSU context, it reminds me of hanging out with people on your floor, as opposed to the entire dorm. A smaller group with lots of different personalities and viewpoints. You like some better than others, but you interact with everyone.

As for the fewer number of posts and threads, like you said, we discuss stuff when there's stuff to discuss. Well put. If we all start trying to come up with any worthless little things to post just for the sake of creating content, then I would fear for the future of board. That's how you get nothing but dull, boring threads.

It's OT season, it's going to be quiet around here. Last year we had a lot of people checking it out and testing the waters at this time, but this is the first true OT season with the niche that the board has settled in to.
I love this board for the same reasons. Many thanks to SRC and Heat for putting it together. And, thanks to all that post here...even Nigel So what's the prognosis for this board? 506486848
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-30, 13:38

MiamiSpartan wrote:There's a good mix here of mostly good people, a few assholes, and a few that are annoying.

Please elaborate.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-30, 13:43

Heat Miser wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

We had bottle rocket fights in Wilson hall. Kegs were common. I'll look the other way. Just keep my cup full & don't puke on the carpet.
Was at Wilson '77 thru '79. Before they changed the drinking age from 18 to 21 early '79 it was a free-for-all and a shitload of fun. You could walk a shopping cart loaded with beer and booze from the West side to the East side with no one batting an eye. Had to be a little more discrete after the law changed.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-30, 13:55

The Pantry wrote:Was at Wilson '77 thru '79. Before they changed the drinking age from 18 to 21 early '79 it was a free-for-all and a shitload of fun. You could walk a shopping cart loaded with beer and booze from the West side to the East side with no one batting an eye. Had to be a little more discrete after the law changed.

I at Wonders for the same time frame. We ran and grabbed a keg during the great coon out. Drink-a-suites, kegs and weed everywhere.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-30, 13:58

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:There's a good mix here of mostly good people, a few assholes, and a few that are annoying.

Please elaborate.

I will, if you like.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-30, 14:04

Rocinante wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Please elaborate.

I will, if you like.

Go ahead. Roci it's funny because I shouldn't like you but I do. I know you hate my guts and hope I die.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-04-30, 14:06

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I will, if you like.

Go ahead. Roci it's funny because I shouldn't like you but I do. I know you hate my guts and hope I die.

Well that's completely untrue. Your recent reference to the matrix made me laugh. I think we likely have more in common that not.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-04-30, 14:08

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Please elaborate.

Turtleneck is a jerk and a mod needs to do something about Guest.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2015-04-30, 14:09; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-30, 14:08

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Please elaborate.
And some manage to tick all three categories.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-04-30, 14:18

Ass Dan wrote:

We'll be fine
Boom. It seems like every 2 or so months there's a "state of tSwill" thread. I like it here.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-04-30, 14:44

Ass Dan wrote:

We'll be fine
Nailed it. + 1 zilly
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-04-30, 14:47

Its going to be like harbaughs coaching career. Big splash then years of mediocre
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-30, 14:53

Rocinante wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Well that's completely untrue. Your recent reference to the matrix made me laugh. I think we likely have more in common that not.

Just glad someone got the reference. And it was top of mind because I had just had a medium rare New York strip that I would crawl naked through broken glass for...............
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-30, 14:58

MiamiSpartan wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Please elaborate.

Is that an accusation?!?
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-04-30, 14:59

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Just glad someone got the reference. And it was top of mind because I had just had a medium rare New York strip that I would crawl naked through broken glass for...............
tSwill tells me that my steak is juicy and delicious. I've learned that ignorance is bliss.... Plug me back into the power plant and I'll get you the codes to tRCMB mainframe. Also, I want to be someone important, like a Geronte on tSwill...
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-04-30, 15:00

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Was at Wilson '77 thru '79. Before they changed the drinking age from 18 to 21 early '79 it was a free-for-all and a shitload of fun. You could walk a shopping cart loaded with beer and booze from the West side to the East side with no one batting an eye. Had to be a little more discrete after the law changed.

I at Wonders for the same time frame. We ran and grabbed a keg during the great coon out. Drink-a-suites, kegs and weed everywhere.
The '78 snow storm was a riot. People sledding off Munn's roof on stolen cafeteria trays. We were sort of afraid Shoprite would run out of beer. Our RA bought us a keg late spring term freshman year which started a memorable night. Climbed the wall at the IM pool and shit-faced jumped off the 10M platform a couple times, last of which was a bad landing felt for days. Limped back to the dorm and someone over at Holden dropped a brick of firecrackers out the window, starting a fire requiring DPS and campus FD to show up.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-04-30, 15:16

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Is that an accusation?!?
Not everything is about you....except when it is....but not when it isn't.

After all, those who are with us, are with us.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-04-30, 15:25

MiamiSpartan wrote:
LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Is that an accusation?!?
Not everything is about you....except when it is....but not when it isn't.

After all, those who are with us, are with us.

I'll take this as a no as to not be compelled to challenge you to a duel........
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-04-30, 15:37

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I at Wonders for the same time frame.   We ran and grabbed a keg during the great coon out.  Drink-a-suites, kegs and weed everywhere.
The '78 snow storm was a riot.  People sledding off Munn's roof on stolen cafeteria trays.  We were sort of afraid Shoprite would run out of beer.  Our RA bought us a keg late spring term freshman year which started a memorable night.  Climbed the wall at the IM pool and shit-faced jumped off the 10M platform a couple times, last of which was a bad landing felt for days.  Limped back to the dorm and someone over at Holden dropped a brick of firecrackers out the window, starting a fire requiring DPS and campus FD to show up.

I was in Brody at the time, we were out Thursday night and saw guys rolling a keg down the middle of Michigan Ave. QD at the corner did sell out. Crazy stuff.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next