Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notre Dame Student Falls to Death from Joyce Center Roof

+2
Tim Wakefield
Floyd Robertson
6 posters

Go down

Notre Dame Student Falls to Death from Joyce Center Roof Empty Notre Dame Student Falls to Death from Joyce Center Roof

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat May 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Notre Dame student dies after falling off sports arena roof

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — A 21-year-old student from Colorado who was one day away from graduating from the University of Notre Dame died Saturday after falling from the roof of the school's sports arena, school officials said.

William Meckling of Centennial, Colorado, joined a group that climbed onto the Joyce Center's roof early Saturday from a "relatively low point from outside the building," the university said in a statement.

The building's roof was wet from overnight rain, and Meckling fell shortly before 3:45 a.m. Two students alerted a campus security officer, who found Meckling unresponsive on the building's east side. He was pronounced dead at a hospital despite efforts to resuscitate him.

Anything I might say about Notre Dame having problems with heights could sound insensitive. Condolences to the young man's family.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Notre Dame Student Falls to Death from Joyce Center Roof Empty Re: Notre Dame Student Falls to Death from Joyce Center Roof

Post by Tim Wakefield Sat May 16, 2015 6:00 pm

Wow, RIP. I went on top of Munn one time when I was drunk and while I wouldn't have died, falling off would not have felt good.

Edited to remove Brian Kelly reference
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Notre Dame Student Falls to Death from Joyce Center Roof Empty Re: Notre Dame Student Falls to Death from Joyce Center Roof

Post by Ass Dan Sat May 16, 2015 6:14 pm

"Relativelylow point from outside the building" reads pretty similarly to "the weather was unremarkable"
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Sat May 16, 2015 7:44 pm

Looks pretty high up

Notre Dame Student Falls to Death from Joyce Center Roof Acc
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sat May 16, 2015 8:33 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Notre Dame student dies after falling off sports arena roof

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — A 21-year-old student from Colorado who was one day away from graduating from the University of Notre Dame died Saturday after falling from the roof of the school's sports arena, school officials said.

William Meckling of Centennial, Colorado, joined a group that climbed onto the Joyce Center's roof early Saturday from a "relatively low point from outside the building," the university said in a statement.

The building's roof was wet from overnight rain, and Meckling fell shortly before 3:45 a.m. Two students alerted a campus security officer, who found Meckling unresponsive on the building's east side. He was pronounced dead at a hospital despite efforts to resuscitate him.

Anything I might say about Notre Dame having problems with heights could sound insensitive. Condolences to the young man's family.

JAYsus. How sad.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat May 16, 2015 9:44 pm

sick to my stomach. Wow. So sorry for his family and friends. A ND grad. RIP
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down