Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lafeyette or American Coney Island?

+22
Rick Saunders
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
AvgMSUJoe
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
Johnny Costanza
tGreenWay
Dr. Strangelove
Nordic
DWags
Cameron
StylesGShmooth
HT
Marc Summers
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Ass Dan
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
Tim Wakefield
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lafeyette or American Coney Island?

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? Vote_lcap87%Lafeyette or American Coney Island? Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 13 ]
Lafeyette or American Coney Island? Vote_lcap13%Lafeyette or American Coney Island? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 15

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? Empty Lafeyette or American Coney Island?

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-05-20, 14:31

Went to a Tigers game last week and figured I'd check these places out since I've heard all about them. Lafeyette was the winner in my book.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? Empty Re: Lafeyette or American Coney Island?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-05-20, 14:32

Like the onions better at Lafayette.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? Empty Re: Lafeyette or American Coney Island?

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-20, 14:34

Tim Wakefield wrote:Went to a Tigers game last week and figured I'd check these places out since I've heard all about them. Lafeyette was the winner in my book.

Glad to see you're not a communist. I was worried. Although I am not sure why you are just checking them out. A few days after I was born, I was at Lafayette ordering two with fries. I was about 3 months old when I punched a guy for putting ketchup on his coney.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-05-20, 14:49

American can suck a cock
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-05-20, 14:50

Delete thread, ban user.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-05-20, 14:51

What a stupid fucking question. What the fuck is wrong with you where you would actually think this is even a question. For fucks sake kid tighten your shit up
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-20, 14:55

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What a stupid fucking question. What the fuck is wrong with you where you would actually think this is even a question. For fucks sake kid tighten your shit up

Cut him some slack. It's not like he showed up talking about how much better Flint-style coneys are than Detroit. Then I would support public shaming.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-05-20, 14:57

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What a stupid fucking question. What the fuck is wrong with you where you would actually think this is even a question. For fucks sake kid tighten your shit up

Cut him some slack. It's not like he showed up talking about how much better Flint-style coneys are than Detroit. Then I would support public shaming.
I just wanted to swear a whole bunch. Long day.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-05-20, 15:07

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Like the onions better at Lafayette.
That's really most of it. The sweet onions at American suck.

Think Lafayette's sauce is a little better too.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-05-20, 15:10

Didn't know it was such a big deal. They're just hot dogs Rolling Eyes
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-05-20, 15:12

Tim Wakefield wrote:Didn't know it was such a big deal. They're just hot dogs Rolling Eyes

You done shit the bed now.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-05-20, 15:15

Tim Wakefield wrote:Didn't know it was such a big deal. They're just hot dogs Rolling Eyes
Aw fucking shit dude.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-05-20, 15:27

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You done shit the bed now.
Wonder how many votes it'll take to remove his Geronte badge...
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-05-20, 15:35

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? 3742235224
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-20, 16:10

I move to call for a vote on a motion that resolves poster Tim Wakefield be immediately stripped of his Geronte badge in accordance with the by-laws and administrative procedures set forth by the founders of tswill.com and in the spirit of previous recommendations made by the recommending body of the Co9 and Lord Nigel Uno of the honorable House Georgia.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-05-20, 21:23

Both are very mediocre, and only worthy of being 4AM "nothing else in Detroit is even close to being open" blackout food.

Honestly, the best thing about them is the crushed ice in the Pepsi.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-05-20, 21:24

American...Lafayette is good, too.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-05-20, 21:26

Marc Summers wrote:Both are very mediocre, and only worthy of being 4AM "nothing else in Detroit is even close to being open" blackout food.

Honestly, the best thing about them is the crushed ice in the Pepsi.

Ban

HT wrote:American...Lafayette is good, too.

Warn
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-05-20, 21:27

Turtleneck wrote:

...and he better not mention that 3rd rate Jackson Style.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-05-20, 21:45

StylesGShmooth wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

...and he better not mention that 3rd rate Jackson Style.
Jackson is only to serve those poor starving bitches south of the border.

And, the idiots on south side of Ohio can shove a cinnamon stick straight up their ass
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-13, 18:41

Detroit coney restaurant to celebrate 100 years, offer 1917 prices
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-13, 19:23

Never had either. I've actually only been to Detroit about a half dozen times in my entire life.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-14, 08:26

Damn, any East sider knows it was universal coney. If you only give two choices it's Lafayette. But you wanted to rub elbows with new funk rappahs and up in comahs you went to universal. Always something going down there

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-05-14, 09:31

Lafeyette has the best coney dogs and atmosphere

Lipumas in Rochester has the best coney sauce/chili fries.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-05-14, 14:05

My dad liked American better - I'm still baffled by that decision. We used to hit up Emily Gail's "Emily's Across The Street" and American Coney Island when we went downtown.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-14, 15:51

I don't expect to see goodbar in this thread bragging about west side coneys.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Costanza 2017-05-15, 14:36

LooseGoose wrote:Detroit coney restaurant to celebrate 100 years, offer 1917 prices
I would still go to Lafayette and pay for the coneys if they were giving them out at American. In fact, I might just do that because fuck American.
Johnny Costanza
Johnny Costanza
Spartiate

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-04-15, 11:47

Nordic wrote:Lafeyette has the best coney dogs and atmosphere

Lipumas in Rochester has the best coney sauce/chili fries.

Best coneys on the planet. If you are ever in downtown Rochester look for the line outside on the sidewalk

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? Img_8612

Lafeyette or American Coney Island? Img_8614
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-04-15, 13:32

Owner Tony is in the red hat. He’s probably been there every day since it opened in ‘69.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2024-04-15, 14:39

Coneys from Lipuma's, eating outdoors along the river is a great day.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-15, 14:55

Nearly ten years after Wakie posted this thread and I still haven’t had Lafayette or American, and one of those places opened and failed in downtown EL.
Pretty sure the only coneys I’ve ever had were from Dog & Suds, A&W, and The Dog Pound.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-15, 16:21

There was Lafayette or American Coney in EL?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-15, 16:24

tGreenWay wrote:Nearly ten years after Wakie posted this thread and I still haven’t had Lafayette or American, and one of those places opened and failed in downtown EL.
Pretty sure the only coneys I’ve ever had were from Dog & Suds, A&W, and The Dog Pound.

Through the fog, I remember Jingles, coming up to me at the bar when I was sitting right by the football, and saying hey wags why don’t you get out of here and go over to the dog pound and then go home.

Most of the time he was 100% accurate

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-15, 16:30

duffy munn wrote:There was Lafayette or American Coney in EL?

I think it was in the old Taco Bell location (the stand-alone building) or somewhere close to there. If I had to guess it was American, but maybe it was neither of those… maybe National.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-04-15, 19:09

tGreenWay wrote:

I think it was in the old Taco Bell location (the stand-alone building) or somewhere close to there. If I had to guess it was American, but maybe it was neither of those… maybe National.
Likely National. TMK, neither American or Lafayette ever opened an auxiliary location. Still prefer Lafayette.

The history of one location places gets me. The origin of Detroit style pizza is an example. Buddy's, Loui's, and Cloverleaf can all lay claim. Loui's is my favorite...still only one location.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2024-04-15, 20:23

Never been to either. Whenever I drive downtown, its going "to" something which is not hot dog level dining.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2024-04-15, 20:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Never been to either. Whenever I drive downtown, its going "to" something which is not hot dog level dining.
So, you've never been to a baseball game? Lafeyette or American Coney Island? 2599972566
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-15, 21:27

tGreenWay wrote:

Now it kinda rings a bell but certain it was not Lafayette or American. Anyway, Sparty's makes a damn good coney here in mid michigan
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2024-04-15, 21:53

Floyd Robertson wrote:Coneys from Lipuma's, eating outdoors along the river is a great day.

This guy fucks

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2024-04-16, 01:08

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Now it kinda rings a bell but certain it was not Lafayette or American. Anyway, Sparty's makes a damn good coney here in mid michigan

I’ll have to give them a try. I’m usually only there for breakfast.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next