Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids

+20
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Nordic
AMwood
Wally Fairway
Herbie Green
tTy
steveschneider
Giant Moose
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Blanch32
The Pantry
Cym Jim
Triple Sparty
DWags
Turtleneck
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
24 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 Empty Re: 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:13 am

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:in all honesty, the idea of going to Mackinac Island sounds like pure, unadulterated torture to me.

I know some people dig it, so I'm happy for them.. but, yikes.
A guy who loves biking doesn't love a place where the only mode of transportation is pretty much a bike? scratch
though I'm all for people riding bikes, I'm a bit more into this kind of cycling..

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 Peak2peakrider

than this kind of cycling..

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 84954939.9slVLiIu.BikesonMackinacIsland
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 Empty Re: 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids

Post by Turtleneck Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:15 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:in all honesty, the idea of going to Mackinac Island sounds like pure, unadulterated torture to me.

Only if you do not know where to go. Once you get away from all the people, plenty of places to hang out in solitude. Although it is not my first choice, or even top 5, for islands to visit in the Great Lakes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:18 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

How long is the boat ride? I haven't been to the island since visiting a friend in college.

Pretty sure the island hasn't moved much. About the same time as last........

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:22 am

kingstonlake wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

How long is the boat ride? I haven't been to the island since visiting a friend in college.

Pretty sure the island hasn't moved much. About the same time as last........

Actually, it switched places with Bois Blanc/Bablo Island.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:22 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Only if you do not know where to go. Once you get away from all the people, plenty of places to hang out in solitude. Although it is not my first choice, or even top 5, for islands to visit in the Great Lakes.
I could be wrong, but I'm just not sure I'd fit in at Mackinac Island.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:25 am

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 502811600

I meant I don't remember how long it was. That was like 17 years ago or something. 

Pretty sure the island is off the table given the time frame. I'm not sure I understand the appeal, either to be honest with you. Last time I was there a seagull pooped on me.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:26 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I could be wrong, but I'm just not sure I'd fit in at Mackinac Island.

It is mostly suburbanites spending money on fudge and plastic tomahawks, but also lots of secluded places to have sex and smoke pot. I mean, if you have loose morals and do stuff like that.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:27 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 502811600

I meant I don't remember how long it was. That was like 17 years ago or something. 

Pretty sure the island is off the table given the time frame. I'm not sure I understand the appeal, either to be honest with you. Last time I was there a seagull pooped on me.

Just get drunk at The Keyhole and call it a day.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:29 am

Are you going to drive through Clare?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:29 am

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I could be wrong, but I'm just not sure I'd fit in at Mackinac Island.

It is mostly suburbanites spending money on fudge and plastic tomahawks, but also lots of secluded places to have sex and smoke pot. I mean, if you have loose morals and do stuff like that.
so why did I spend all that money on khakis, Sperry topsiders and golf shirts? I could do that in East Lansing from the comfort of my own home.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:30 am

steveschneider wrote:Are you going to drive through Clare?

If he is going up north he will need to stop at Jay's.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:34 am

actually, I haven't smoked weed in 30+ years....
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:40 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:actually, I haven't smoked weed in 30+ years....
My condolences.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:41 am

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Are you going to drive through Clare?

Forget Jay's, if he's in Clare a stop at the Whitehouse is required.

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 Whiteh
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:45 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 502811600

15-20 minutes depending on the chop.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:47 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Wow, that place looks great. Last time I drove through Clare we stopped to gas up which was away from the main down town area. It was so depressing and po dunk I couldn't stand it. Feel like I missed out by not at least going through the down town area.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:50 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Is WBH into murder?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:50 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
A guy who loves biking doesn't love a place where the only mode of transportation is pretty much a bike? scratch
though I'm all for people riding bikes, I'm a bit more into this kind of cycling..
Bob, you can take PEDs like Lance Armstrong no matter where you cycle. 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 2599972566

Plus you do know that only a small part of the island is touristy, right? Your kind of cycling is somewhere on that island.

Last edited by Giant Moose on Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:50 am

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Wow, that place looks great. Last time I drove through Clare we stopped to gas up which was away from the main down town area. It was so depressing and po dunk I couldn't stand it. Feel like I missed out by not at least going through the down town area.

You should have cruised over to Farwell. It's pretty happening.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:51 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Is an open hamburger like an open-faced turkey sandwich?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:55 am

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You should have cruised over to Farwell. It's pretty happening.

I had to google it, looks like the only thing they have going for themselves is a city water tower.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:47 pm

I think there's a wild game ranch that went under a few years ago just south of town. Might let you get some shooting in on the cheap. No better way to educate your child on real life deep woods, man vs beast struggle for survival than dropping a caped buffalo inside a cage.

Keep an eye out for LWS.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:52 pm

why don't you just give me $80 and skip the mystery spot.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:54 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Bob, you can take PEDs like Lance Armstrong no matter where you cycle. 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 2599972566

Plus you do know that only a small part of the island is touristy, right? Your kind of cycling is somewhere on that island.
so tomorrow morning, I'm going out for about a 45 mile ride.. probably gonna average about 18.5 mph or so - you're saying I can do that on "the island"?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:55 pm

AMwood wrote:why don't you just give me $80 and skip the mystery spot.
Castle Rock is kind of cool. MSU is Bunyan and the dopey blue ox with its tongue sticking out is scUM. We own that dopey blue ox.

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 Castle-rock

Last edited by Giant Moose on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:55 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:actually, I haven't smoked weed in 30+ years....
My condolences.
thanks, dude - yeah, started taking care of myself years ago.. creating the aerobic machine that I have become. 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:58 pm

Plus you can supposedly see the entire U.P. from the top of Castle Rock.

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 See-paul-bunion-and-babe

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 The-view
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:01 pm

Giant Moose wrote:Plus you can supposedly see the entire U.P. from the top of Castle Rock.
4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 The-view

huh. i always thought it was bigger than that.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:01 pm

Whiteboy, also tell your kids that the reason the Mighty Mac is green and white is for MSU.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:02 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
My condolences.
thanks, dude - yeah, started taking care of myself years ago.. creating the aerobic machine that I have become. 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 3493939353

I thought hippies frowned upon turning 02 into CO2???? confused
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:04 pm

tTy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:thanks, dude - yeah, started taking care of myself years ago.. creating the aerobic machine that I have become. 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 3493939353

I thought hippies frowned upon turning 02 into CO2???? confused
I've never been real sure where this "hippie" persona came from.. 4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:04 pm

AMwood wrote:huh. i always thought it was bigger than that.
You can fit the entire U.P. in your ex-wife's vagina.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Been a while since I've been to da U.P., but here is what I know...

Hang a louie on route 2 off the bridge and hit the beach. The little tikes will be freezing their nards off, but they're kids and won't know the difference.

In Grand Marias there is a pier you can walk out on... and then walk back in.

Along the way on route 77 there is a crazy lady that will yell at her dog as it chases your car as you drive by.

Sweet good pickerel fishing in Lake Nawakwa. Brookie fishing in the east branch of the fox river.

Hit da Soo and watch da boats go up and down.

I think there is a bar up dare somewheres nears Newberry called the crazy loon salon. I might be misremembering, but I do remember good times.

Eat a pasty... wtf is a pasty? I don't know, try it out and let me know.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:08 pm

AMwood wrote:why don't you just give me $80 and skip the mystery spot.

Yeah my wife is talking about some deer acres shit and putt putt. I'm thinking the Fort and the beach/light house might be a little better.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Also, don't get caught on the bridge when it swings over to the Island, WBH. You will be on it for hours. Check the schedule.

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 1896033241 been there, maddening
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

so tomorrow morning, I'm going out for about a 45 mile ride.. probably gonna average about 18.5 mph or so - you're saying I can do that on "the island"?

Sure. You might have to do a several laps around it, but you're from North Carolina -- just think of it like NASCAR and you'll be fine.

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 600px-Mackinac_Island_topographic_map-en.svg
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:11 pm

I've never been real sure where this "hippie" persona came from..

Doi.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:13 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Sure. You might have to do a several laps around it, but you're from North Carolina -- just think of it like NASCAR and you'll be fine.

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 600px-Mackinac_Island_topographic_map-en.svg
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Nordic wrote:Been a while since I've been to da U.P., but here is what I know...

Hang a louie on route 2 off the bridge and hit the beach. The little tikes will be freezing their nards off, but they're kids and won't know the difference.

In Grand Marias there is a pier you can walk out on... and then walk back in.

Along the way on route 77 there is a crazy lady that will yell at her dog as it chases your car as you drive by.

Sweet good pickerel fishing in Lake Nawakwa. Brookie fishing in the east branch of the fox river.

Hit da Soo and watch da boats go up and down.

I think there is a bar up dare somewheres nears Newberry called the crazy loon salon. I might be misremembering, but I do remember good times.

Eat a pasty... wtf is a pasty? I don't know, try it out and let me know.
Nawaka is a dead lake now. Catch any size pike and keep it. No restrictions.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 Peak2peakrider

than this kind of cycling..

4 hours in the Big Mac bridge area with little kids - Page 2 84954939.9slVLiIu.BikesonMackinacIsland

It might not compare to Lake Lansing, but yes you can Mountain bike on Mackinac Island

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next