Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey DWags

+5
Nordic
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
Oj
9 posters

Go down

Hey DWags Empty Hey DWags

Post by Oj 2015-07-11, 18:53

A while back you gave recommendations for places to go in Saugatuck. Was Phil's the place where you said if one mentioned your name the bartender would give you a free scotch? I was there last week around lunchtime and the dude working had no idea who Wags is. Either I had the wrong place or you need to meet the rest of the bar staff. I want my free scotch, dammit!
Oj
Oj
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Hey DWags Empty Re: Hey DWags

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-11, 19:05

Oj wrote:A while back you gave recommendations for places to go in Saugatuck. Was Phil's the place where you said if one mentioned your name the bartender would give you a free scotch? I was there last week around lunchtime and the dude working had no idea who Wags is. Either I had the wrong place or you need to meet the rest of the bar staff. I want my free scotch, dammit!

Hey DWags 502811600 That was Dwags behind the bar. He does that just to fuck with folks like you. You've been Dwagged.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-11, 19:10

Help this man out!!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-11, 19:53

Oj wrote:A while back you gave recommendations for places to go in Saugatuck. Was Phil's the place where you said if one mentioned your name the bartender would give you a free scotch? I was there last week around lunchtime and the dude working had no idea who Wags is. Either I had the wrong place or you need to meet the rest of the bar staff. I want my free scotch, dammit!

Phil's it is and if jimmy was there your full of shit. I was at the Butler today. Nice day.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Oj 2015-07-11, 20:16

DWags wrote:

Phil's it is and if jimmy was there your full of shit. I was at the Butler today. Nice day.

Why would I start a thread to lie about going to Phil's and asking the bartender if he knew you? You owe me a scotch, cocksucker.
Oj
Oj
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-07-11, 20:27

Oj wrote:

Why would I start a thread to lie about going to Phil's and asking the bartender if he knew you? You owe me a scotch, cocksucker.

You mad bro?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Oj 2015-07-11, 20:32

Nordic wrote:You mad bro?

I'm fuming, brah.
Oj
Oj
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-11, 20:49

Oj wrote:
Nordic wrote:You mad bro?

I'm fuming, brah.

Sure. You in town bitch?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-11, 20:55

By the way, what did you get to eat.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Oj 2015-07-11, 20:59

DWags wrote:Sure. You in town bitch?

The folks live in Douglas. Left on Friday...
Oj
Oj
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Oj 2015-07-11, 21:02

DWags wrote:By the way, what did you get to eat.

I had the Cuban sandwich. Always order a Cuban when it's on the menu. It wasn't the greatest - was a little disappointing. However, the wife enjoyed the fish tacos and my bro-in-law and sis-in-law liked the burgers.
Oj
Oj
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-11, 21:03

Next time. I got your scotch. Give me a heads up. Have your folks hit up the new steak house yet?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Oj 2015-07-11, 21:08

DWags wrote:Next time. I got your scotch. Give me a heads up. Have your folks hit up the new steak house yet?

Don't think so. One place you have to go if you haven't been is The Southerner. Great BBQ and smoked stuff. I think they're only open for breakfast and lunch Tuesday-Thursday and then also dinner on Friday-Sunday. They have partial liquor license on weekends only.
Oj
Oj
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-11, 21:13

Will try. The chop house is on Culver just up from the Butler. It's called bowdies. Everything ala carte though. Probably over priced.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-11, 21:18

Oj wrote:

I had the Cuban sandwich. Always order a Cuban when it's on the menu. It wasn't the greatest - was a little disappointing. However, the wife enjoyed the fish tacos and my bro-in-law and sis-in-law liked the burgers.

I'm a fan of the Cuban at Phil's. It's not the best, but it's usually pretty good. My wife loves that cheese dip with walnuts, I can't stand it. Makes me want to puke.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-07-11, 21:52

Oj wrote:
DWags wrote:Next time. I got your scotch. Give me a heads up. Have your folks hit up the new steak house yet?

Don't think so. One place you have to go if you haven't been is The Southerner. Great BBQ and smoked stuff. I think they're only open for breakfast and lunch Tuesday-Thursday and then also dinner on Friday-Sunday. They have partial liquor license on weekends only.

ahhhhh... besties now?

Hey DWags Bro_hug_by_sniperstalker-d6gjvzk

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2015-07-12, 00:02

We were there a few weeks ago. The gumbo was kinda meh, but the fried portobello mushrooms were great. They do need a little more variety on their menu imo.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-07-12, 01:04

y2kMgrad wrote:We were there a few weeks ago. The gumbo was kinda meh, but the fried portobello mushrooms were great. They do need a little more variety on their menu imo.

The way I figure it, most of what's served at Phil's is better than average bar grub. Compared with actual restaurants, I'd say it's meh to meh+.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-12, 10:02

tGreenWay wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:We were there a few weeks ago. The gumbo was kinda meh, but the fried portobello mushrooms were great. They do need a little more variety on their menu imo.

The way I figure it, most of what's served at Phil's is better than average bar grub. Compared with actual restaurants, I'd say it's meh to meh+.

I've really never had a bad meal at Phils, and I'm willing to bet I have 10-15 meals there a summer. Sometimes I just order two appetizers, love the mushroom fries and the scallops. The fish taco's have been mentioned here and the cuban. Love the fish taco's but if your in Saugatuck and downtown and you want fish taco's you need to walk to teh wickwood. Used to be Billy's boat house. Those are the best ever. But the ribeye and the filet at Phil's has always been outstanding too. I don't know, I'm probably buzzed most times I"m in there. Food always tastes better when you're drunk.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2015-07-13, 12:20

tWife & and I occasionally like eating dinner up at the bar @ the Butler & people watch. awhile back I mentioned to her, I think I'm starting to recognize who the regulars are here. she quickly stated "that makes you a regular". lol.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-07-13, 12:30

Why are you idiots eating Florida Southern type food up North. Of course a Cuban is gonna suck up there. Gumbo in Michigan? Are you shitting me.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-13, 12:45

Tanfan! wrote:

Why are you idiots eating Florida Southern type food up North. Of course a Cuban is gonna suck up there. Gumbo in Michigan? Are you shitting me.

What if the Chef is a Cuban refugee? Seriously, down in Florida do they put salami on it or not? Is it just roast Pork and Ham? I know being 50% italian my moms always snuck some salami in there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2015-07-13, 12:47

DWags wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

Why are you idiots eating Florida Southern type food up North.  Of course a Cuban is gonna suck up there. Gumbo in Michigan? Are you shitting me.

What if the Chef is a Cuban refugee?    Seriously, down in Florida do they put salami on it or not?  Is it just  roast Pork and Ham?  I know being 50% italian my moms always snuck some salami in there.  

AMwood? you wanna knock this softball outta the park for us?
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-07-13, 12:50

goodbar wrote:
DWags wrote:

What if the Chef is a Cuban refugee?    Seriously, down in Florida do they put salami on it or not?  Is it just  roast Pork and Ham?  I know being 50% italian my moms always snuck some salami in there.  

Ouch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-13, 12:53

Oj wrote:

Shocked
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2015-07-13, 12:56

DWags wrote:
goodbar wrote:

Ouch.

Hey DWags 502811600
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-06, 17:42

Hey fucker Ima be at Phils in two hours with the family. If you're in town get up here. I owe you a drink.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down