Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inside Out is the best major release movie of the year so far.

+7
Townie
Dr. Strangelove
Other Teams Pursuing That
Death Roe
InTenSity
Triple Sparty
Rocinante
11 posters

Go down

Inside Out is the best major release movie of the year so far. Empty Inside Out is the best major release movie of the year so far.

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-13, 16:13

It was tough to hold back the tears, and I ain't no fuckin' pussy crybaby neither.

Pixar lately has done the "open with the emotional trauma" thing, which get's people all goopy for the ensuing redemption story... it's gotten formulaic. But to it's credit, it went another way with this movie and it works wonderfully. I don't know if illustrating the subtlety of what makes a child's emotions tick was the goal, but it came across clearly without having to be spelled out moronically. What a nice little movie.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Inside Out is the best major release movie of the year so far. Empty Re: Inside Out is the best major release movie of the year so far.

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-07-13, 16:18

You sir need to take some classes from the pasty reviewer.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Inside Out is the best major release movie of the year so far. Empty Re: Inside Out is the best major release movie of the year so far.

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-13, 16:57

What is that?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-07-13, 16:58

Rocinante wrote:What is that?
A new poster put an awesome Yelp review that he made about 10 years ago in WBH thread about the UP, or the bridge. I think its on page 4.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-13, 17:01

Hey thanks. That was pretty funny.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-07-13, 18:36

Nope.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-07-13, 19:12

Did LWS hack roc?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-07-13, 19:20

Obviously you did not see the Entourage movie
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-07-13, 19:54

Mad Max without a doubt. I just watched Django Unchained for the first time and that was probably my favorite movie of the last 10 years.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-13, 19:58

Townie wrote:Mad Max without a doubt. I just watched Django Unchained for the first time and that was probably my favorite movie of the last 10 years.

Mad max was crazy, but I don't know if I'd call it a good movie. It was wild eye candy though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-13, 20:10

The best Pixar movie in my opinion.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-07-13, 20:23

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Did LWS hack roc?

Committed seppuku after the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-07-14, 09:27

Rocinante wrote:
Townie wrote:Mad Max without a doubt. I just watched Django Unchained for the first time and that was probably my favorite movie of the last 10 years.

Mad max was crazy, but I don't know if I'd call it a good movie. It was wild eye candy though.

I gave up pretentious about what makes something better than something else. Mad Max was exciting, had a good plot, didn't push a romantic story, etc. It looked great, the acting was good, the action sequences were non-stop, but not ridiculous.

Best movie of 2015.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-14, 10:17

Townie wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I gave up pretentious about what makes something better than something else. Mad Max was exciting, had a good plot, didn't push a romantic story, etc. It looked great, the acting was good, the action sequences were non-stop, but not ridiculous.

Best movie of 2015.

I guess what I mean is I liked it, but it didn't exactly make me feel anything except that I'd just done a bunch of meth.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-14, 10:50

Is this movie a cartoon? I hope we can talk about Shoots & Ladders next.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-14, 11:47

Turtleneck wrote:Is this movie a cartoon? I hope we can talk about Shoots & Ladders next.

Yes, which should illustrate to you how far major studio releases have fallen. It takes a cartoon to actually strike anything resembling a genuine emotional chord. It's sad. Still, good movie.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-14, 11:57

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote: It takes a cartoon to actually strike anything resembling a genuine emotional chord.

Maybe you're not watching the right movies.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Townie 2015-07-14, 12:55

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Is this movie a cartoon? I hope we can talk about Shoots & Ladders next.

Yes, which should illustrate to you how far major studio releases have fallen. It takes a cartoon to actually strike anything resembling a genuine emotional chord. It's sad. Still, good movie.
sadness isn't the only emotion.
Townie
Townie
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-07-14, 13:00

Pussy
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-14, 13:46

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Maybe you're not watching the right movies.

Quote fail. If you could be constructive instead of critical, and maybe name some others you think should be considered, I'm all for it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-07-14, 13:59

I've heard it was great. I want to take the kids to see it. Also, if you 'almost' cried, I will definitely cry because I am a fuckin' pussy crybaby.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-07-14, 14:09

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've heard it was great. I want to take the kids to see it. Also, if you 'almost' cried, I will definitely cry because I am a fuckin' pussy crybaby.

Oh yeah, you're fucked. Take a handkerchief and make sure you put your sunglasses on before you walk out or you're going to get laughed at by teenagers in the lobby.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-07-14, 15:13

Wait, what? Convicted paedophile Paula Poundstone is one of the voice overs? Wtf.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-08-07, 21:59

Saw it for the 2nd time today/this evening. Wife wanted to see it. My son spent the whole day telling her about and how she would love it so they dragged me in. Really good. Even the 2nd time around. I kept it together the first time as I was distracted by my 2 year old walking up and down the steps but I may have shed a solitary tear this time at the whole Bing Bong thing. Pretty sure no one saw though so I'm solid. 

The scenes during the credits are pretty funny. 

The whole concept of this movie is pretty brilliant. The funny thing is I can absolutely see the mind working that way, especially in terms of memories. So well thought out.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-11-04, 16:39

I rented this yesterday, watched it this morning. It was a good movie, but nowhere near one of the best of the year. Come on, Roc.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-04, 16:57

Death Roe wrote:I rented this yesterday, watched it this morning. It was a good movie, but nowhere near one of the best of the year. Come on, Roc.

I said best major studio release... also remember this was in July. I'm pretty sure I haven't been to the movies since.

Give me some examples of better ones? I have free time right in the next few weeks.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down