Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mapping the Wage Gap

3 posters

Go down

wage gap - Mapping the Wage Gap  Empty Mapping the Wage Gap

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-22, 18:23

Roch, get your state in order.

In contrast, the Upper Midwest and Western regions of the U.S. seem to have both larger wage gaps and larger male populations. Wyoming, for instance, has the worst income inequality of any state (women make 56 cents for every dollar made by the average working man), and the second highest male population in the country.

http://www.citylab.com/work/2015/07/what-we-can-learn-about-the-wage-gap-by-mapping-where-men-and-women-live/398792/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

wage gap - Mapping the Wage Gap  Empty Re: Mapping the Wage Gap

Post by xsanguine 2015-07-25, 02:01

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-07-25, 04:35

Where'd your last post go, TN?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-07-25, 04:45

Anyways... here's one from Glenn Kessler, or I guess I can expect the response to be...."Glenn Kessler lol! wage gap - Mapping the Wage Gap  502811600 wage gap - Mapping the Wage Gap  1966794946 Razz wage gap - Mapping the Wage Gap  1494614055", too?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-25, 11:10

I do not know anything about Glenn Kessler. However, the Kessler article presents naked information - not shrouded in an agenda - and hints at something very important near the end. Meanwhile, Ferrell is well educated, respected, and quite well known, but has also been playing the "men are victims" card for quite some time. He comes off as a complete wimp. Farrell seems to ignore, like so many others, historical conditions that have determined present "facts."

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/ftr1v2/male-inequality
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-07-27, 17:58

I'll admit I honestly don't know much about the guy other than that book that I read "Why Men Earn More". It was recommended to me by others who refer to this as the wage gap myth... as in, there aren't any companies paying one guy 100k and a woman 77k for the same exact job. The devil is in the details...

The wage gap myth has been promoted by feminists since the 70's; an "equal pay act" was passed in the 60's. Staticians call the lie the "vampire statistic" because it keeps reappearing every few years after it is soundly debunked.

Men EARN more, as a class. They take less time off, work the majority of full-time jobs, work more stressful and dangerous jobs, trade benefits for salary, are more willing to travel to the worksite, more likely to negotiate, and many other factors. Men and women do NOT do the "same work" as aggregate classes.

Other sources have actually stated that when educational level is accounted for, women literally are paid more for the same work within a certain age range.

If you stop to think about it the wage gap myth just makes zero sense. If the 77:100 ratio was true, it'd have to be an average - meaning some companies pay 80 or 90:100 and some down at 55 or 60:100.

So which business are blatantly cheating the women out of pay at a ridiculous ratio? Wait, you have the study about the wage gap but you can't figure out which companies are the bad ones?

These feminists will track down and start a campaign against the owners of a billboard they find offensive on the side of the road, but aren't campaigning against the companies that must exist in their reality that are paying women 50% of what men are making?

Those companies would be fucking silly. You've got a guy in an office, making 100k a year, nice house plenty of clothes and food for his kids, drives a brand new car etc and his coworker that he does reports with and is female is making 50k a year and can't pay her bills? They go to client meetings together, get yelled at by some corporate douchebag together, have to call in on the same conference calls and they are in two totally different socioeconomic classes. It'd be so obvious to everyone what was going on.

I'm beginning to think nobody would have an answer if you just said "Yea, I believe you, women are making way less than men on average, which companies do we need to boycott to fix this?"

Edit: And I was just busting your balls about the phantom post... I always go back and edit/delete posts after reading it and realizing it's not exactly how I want my opinion to come across.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-11-10, 19:34

Just wanted somewhere to put this...

wage gap - Mapping the Wage Gap  Jkfwua
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-12-12, 08:49

xsanguine wrote:Just wanted somewhere to put this...

wage gap - Mapping the Wage Gap  Jkfwua
Lol
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-06, 12:05

For anyone that's interested in the CBC's Q Radio Host Jian Ghomeshi's sexual assault trial...

Why Sexual Assault Accusations Deserve Scrutiny Equal To Any Other

Such a bother, the whole ado of a public trial. We should proceed directly from charge to the lynching tree.
Apparently so when the charge is sexual assault, now deemed in some loud quarters as the most heinous wrong that can ever be committed against a person. Worse even than murder or grievous bodily harm or assault with a weapon.
The message this sends to women who have been sexually violated: You are accursed. You are defiled. You are ruined. You will never be whole and clean again.
You, female, are such a delicate creature that even reading Twitter dispatches from the courtroom could send you into an emotional tailspin. (“Daily coverage of the Jian Ghomeshi trial can be triggering. Here’s where to get help…”)
The conversation around sexual assault hasn’t changed — it’s regressed to medieval branding. Might as well burn an “X” into a woman’s forehead, if not her soul.
And Ghomeshi, because he’s a creep, because he’s accused of hurting and traumatizing women — introduced something called “hate f---ing” to the language of seduction — ought to be crucified, preferably upside-down in the manner of St. Peter.

But vigorous questioning is not only allowed, it’s essential to the authenticity of a trial. It should be hard to establish truths beyond reasonable doubt. No one should be able to just waltz into a courtroom and be (IbelieveyouIbelieveyouIbelieveyou) believed. It’s an adversarial system, no less so in sex assault trials. That’s the sturdiness, the integrity, of legal justice in Canada.

Ghomeshi Trial: Prosecution Witness’s Lawyer Defends Client Outside Court

In one case, “I love your hands,” was the last line in a letter a few days after the alleged assault. Henein said this was significant. How could DeCoutere love the hands that, according to the witness, choked her? DeCoutere said she wanted to show that she was a forgiving person and that she was “pointing love to the very thing he used to hurt me.”
DeCoutere said she did not mean she wanted to have sex with Ghomeshi when she said she wanted to “f--- your brains out.”

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-05-25, 17:51

Global Study Finds Gender Wage Gap Close To Zero

The Libertarian Republic wrote:The gender wage gap is almost none existent in the developed world, according to a Korn Ferry Hay Group analysis of 33 countries around the globe.

The study examined more than eight million employees across dozens of countries and found the pay gap between men and women working in same types of roles, with the same responsibilities, in the same companies was 1.6 percent in favor of men.

The gender wage gap, as described by the White House and progressives, refers to the overall gap between what all men earn and what all women earn. Using this measure, women on average earn 18 percent less than men.

Economists often criticize this measure as it doesn’t account for the different choices men and women make — like having a child — and it does not represent a gap between men and women working the same jobs with the same responsibilities.

Women make up 40 percent of the global workforce for clerical jobs but only 17 percent of executive roles, according to study.

One of the reasons men earn more on average than women, is they work more hours. According to Mark Perry, economist, and scholar at the American Enterprise Institute, the average male working full-time labored almost two more hours per week in 2014.

In the same year, female full-time employees were found to be two and a half times more likely to have shorter workweeks of 35 to 39 hours, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

A study from the University of Massachusetts found that for each child a woman has, her earnings decreased by four percent.

Part of the apparent disparity between men and women’s pay also comes down to career choice — men often go into higher-risk, higher-paying professions.

A Department of Labor study released in 2009, which reviewed upwards of 50 peer-reviewed papers, concluded the wage gap, “may be almost entirely the result of individual choices being made by both male and female workers.”

“Women, more than men, show a demonstrated preference for lower risk occupations with greater workplace safety and comfort, and they are frequently willing to accept lower wages for the greater safety and reduced probability of work-related injury or death,” Perry argues.

Men made up 92.3 percent of workplace deaths in 2014, “Because men far outnumber women in the most dangerous, but higher-paying occupations that have the greatest probability of job-related injury or death,” says Perry.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down