Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't fucking stand country music!

+10
AnomanderRake
Herbie Green
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
CORNER BLITZ
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
InTenSity
14 posters

Go down

I can't fucking stand country music!  Empty I can't fucking stand country music!

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-03, 21:42

I'm at the bar and they default to country. I can't fucking stand it. Do I throw in some Marilyn Manson, tool, nin, hed Pe, megadeth or what? Ugh I want to kill someone.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I can't fucking stand country music!  Empty Re: I can't fucking stand country music!

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-03, 21:47

Robert John Lange the producer of Back in Black ruined country music.

You'd probably like the real shit anything before 1980 is where it's at.

Throw on some White Zombie
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

I can't fucking stand country music!  Empty Re: I can't fucking stand country music!

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-03, 21:49

steveschneider wrote:Robert John Lange the producer of Back in Black ruined country music.

Which song?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-03, 21:54

New country music?

The old stuff is all pretty solid, but the new shit sucks.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-03, 21:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:New country music?

It all sucks.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-08-03, 22:17

steveschneider wrote:Robert John Lange the producer of Back in Black ruined country music.

Fuck you, Steve, you suck at everything. How dare you defame Mutt Lange?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-08-03, 22:21

InTenSity wrote:I'm at the bar and they default to country. I can't fucking stand it. Do I throw in some Marilyn Manson, tool, nin, hed Pe, megadeth or what? Ugh I want to kill someone.

People would leave/not show up if that was played

Country just makes people bitch and complain
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-03, 22:53

Cameron wrote:

Fuck you, Steve, you suck at everything. How dare you defame Mutt Lange?

I love Back in Black but he ruined country music.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2015-08-03, 22:57; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-03, 22:56

This. Real country music is the best drinking music there is.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-08-03, 23:29

Remember listening to this on WITL radio freshman year. Wasn't in to country but some floormates were.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-08-03, 23:34

Well, you're ahead of my game because I hate ALL music.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-08-03, 23:35

Techno or GTFO
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-08-03, 23:42

I only like Eazy E, AMG and DJ Quik.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-08-04, 01:15

steveschneider wrote:

Holy shit Steve. You are the real deal.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2015-08-04, 08:43

I hate country music, which is why I never let girlfriends control the music on road trips.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-08-04, 08:52

I hate country music. It's not that skillful, and the lyrics are pretty stupid and almost always about: the lake, USA, Bud Light, girl, truck, etc.

It's ugly and unimaginative music that panders to idiots and I wish it'd go away.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-08-04, 08:53

steveschneider wrote:

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-04, 08:56

Linking shitty music isn't going to make me suddenly like it. I can't fucking stand country music!  1811933421
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-08-04, 08:57

HT wrote:I hate country music. It's not that skillful, and the lyrics are pretty stupid and almost always about: the lake, USA, Bud Light, girl, truck, etc.

It's ugly and unimaginative music that panders to idiots and I wish it'd go away.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-04, 10:27

Hank Williams
Johnny Cash (is he considered country?)
Willie Nelson
Garth Brooks
George Strait
George Jones

Shit, I don't MIND Kenny Chensey. Dierks Bentley is solid. Eric Church. Other than that, the newer shit blows. It's all like this now.

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-08-04, 11:26

I generally hate country music, but I have got to put the Highwaymen up near the top of all my favorites.

Same with Reggae and Bob Marley.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-04, 13:00

HT wrote:I hate country music. It's not that skillful, and the lyrics are pretty stupid and almost always about: the lake, USA, Bud Light, girl, truck, etc.

Not skillful???

lol that is false. Some of the best musicians ever belong to country music.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2015-08-04, 13:13

steveschneider wrote:

Not skillful???

Who would that be exactly? I'm genuinely curious because 99% of country music I hear is terrible with the same chords used over and over.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-04, 15:00

AnomanderRake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Not skillful???

Who would that be exactly? I'm genuinely curious because 99% of country music I hear is terrible with the same chords used over and over.

Well there's so many, but to make a living in Nashville you had to know your stuff.

But just to name a few James Burton, Ralph Mooney, Ron Tutt (amazing drummer), Glen D. Hardin, Don Rich, Lloyd Green, Earl Scruggs (genius), and so on.

A lot of honky tonk music back in the day involved moments where the musicians would show case their chops and there'd be a lot of blistering speed pickin'.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-08-04, 15:14

Does Shania Twain count as country?

I can't fucking stand country music!  Shania10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-08-04, 16:48

The Pantry wrote:Does Shania Twain count as country?

Also ruined by Mutt Lange
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-04, 16:51

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Yep, this guy gets it. Mutt Lange and shania are responsible for the awful status of country music today.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-08-04, 16:55

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Quite a shame
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-08-04, 19:28

I don't know this jam was the shit.

StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-08-04, 22:25

AnomanderRake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Not skillful???

Steve speaks the truth.

Yeah, many of the songwriters have found easy money in shitty lyrics and just adding steel guitars to pop music... but to even have a shot being in that douchebag Jake Owen's backing band you gotta be one of the top musicians in the top music city in the nation.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-04, 23:07

If virtuosity is what you require, country music is loaded with it. Here's a prime example of the show off shit those guys do that you don't hear on the radio. These moments aren't very commercial but it goes over well at honky tonks full of drunk people. Like I said above there's a point in the show where the musicians show case their skills and they are off the charts as musicians.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2015-08-05, 08:34

steveschneider wrote:

If virtuosity is what you require, country music is loaded with it. Here's a prime example of the show off shit those guys do that you don't hear on the radio. These moments aren't very commercial but it goes over well at honky tonks full of drunk people. Like I said above there's a point in the show where the musicians show case their skills and they are off the charts as musicians.

This is cool. Reminds me of John Butler Trio a little bit. If you haven't heard of John Butler Trio check out their song "Ocean". It's a fantastic display of the acoustic guitar.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-05, 09:53

AnomanderRake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

This is cool. Reminds me of John Butler Trio a little bit. If you haven't heard of John Butler Trio check out their song "Ocean". It's a fantastic display of the acoustic guitar.

I'll look them up.

Honestly, I only posted this as an example to disprove the rubbish statement that the musicians were crap in country.

I prefer a lot of the songs that mostly just showcase the lyrics, three chords and the voice. A lot of those musicians were virtuosos but they would pull way back on the flashy licks during songs putting more emphasis on tone, feel and serving the muse.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2015-08-05, 10:16

steveschneider wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

I'll look them up.

Honestly, I only posted this as an example to disprove the rubbish statement that the musicians were crap in country.

I prefer a lot of the songs that mostly just showcase the lyrics, three chords and the voice. A lot of those musicians were virtuosos but they would pull way back on the flashy licks during songs putting more emphasis on tone, feel and serving the muse.

I hear ya. Is Lynyrd Skynyrd considered country or is that southern rock n roll? Those guys had some serious chops.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-08-05, 10:56

AnomanderRake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'll look them up.

I hear ya. Is Lynyrd Skynyrd considered country or is that southern rock n roll? Those guys had some serious chops.

Definitely an intersection where country, blues and rock and roll meet.

There's a great PBS documentary on PSBS about Muscle Sholes that is worth checking out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down