Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You know what im going to miss the most?

+9
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
HT
SpartanInNH
beal99
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
13 posters

Go down

You know what im going to miss the most? Empty You know what im going to miss the most?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-08, 22:51

Having the ability to walk to Rama and get absolutely hammered on a Thursday afternoon.

Fuckin a guys. Go green.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

You know what im going to miss the most? Empty Re: You know what im going to miss the most?

Post by The Pantry 2015-08-08, 22:57

What is rama?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

You know what im going to miss the most? Empty Re: You know what im going to miss the most?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-08-08, 23:01

Even when you're a grown up, you can still get hammered on a Thursday afternoon occasionally. I'm gonna be playing Arcadia Bluffs on Thursday afternoon with Girbaud Jeans and I'm gonna be hammered. 

But yeah, the EL/college vibe is the best. So great.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-08-08, 23:14

A lot of bars have happy hours. Every day.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2015-08-08, 23:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Even when you're a grown up, you can still get hammered on a Thursday afternoon occasionally. I'm gonna be playing Arcadia Bluffs on Thursday afternoon with Girbaud Jeans and I'm gonna be hammered. 

But yeah, the EL/college vibe is the best. So great.

I was gonna say, its a lot easier to duck and run to the bar on thirsty thursday in college when you have nothing to do on a friday but continue drinking, but even in grown up land, booze still exists.
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-08-08, 23:53

C'mon, fellas, cut the man some slack. He's walking away from the best campus anywhere. We would all give our eyeteeth to spend just an hour/day/week back there. It's not like you don't know what he's talking about.

You can talk about booze all you want -- you're not getting hammered as a 20-year-old college student with no responsibilities other than to show up for the final in flip flops, shorts, and a muscle T, carrying a Big Gulp of Mello Yello to power you through your notes. OP is leaving college, dude. Cut the man some slack.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by beal99 2015-08-09, 00:05

SpartanInNH wrote:C'mon, fellas, cut the man some slack. He's walking away from the best campus anywhere. We would all give our eyeteeth to spend just an hour/day/week back there. It's not like you don't know what he's talking about.

You can talk about booze all you want -- you're not getting hammered as a 20-year-old college student with no responsibilities other than to show up for the final in flip flops, shorts, and a muscle T, carrying a Big Gulp of Mello Yello to power you through your notes. OP is leaving college, dude. Cut the man some slack.

truth, i miss easy muff.
beal99
beal99
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-09, 00:17

SpartanInNH wrote:C'mon, fellas, cut the man some slack. He's walking away from the best campus anywhere. We would all give our eyeteeth to spend just an hour/day/week back there. It's not like you don't know what he's talking about.

I think I love you
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-08-09, 08:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Having the ability to walk to Rama and get absolutely hammered on a Thursday afternoon.  

Fuckin a guys. Go green.

Burger Bash at PT's was better ($5 pitchers of Oberon and Two-Hearted when I was at State, and less of a line to get in than Rama because everyone was waiting to get into Rama).

But I know what you mean. You're not going to be able to get absolutely shitfaced anymore unless you have a DD or are spending the night somewhere else, and it's kind of a drag.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-08-09, 08:23

I thought you had to be 21 to drink. I'm beginning to question the authenticity of some of these stories.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-09, 08:33

SpartanInNH wrote:C'mon, fellas, cut the man some slack.  He's walking away from the best campus anywhere.  We would all give our eyeteeth to spend just an hour/day/week back there.  It's not like you don't know what he's talking about.  

You can talk about booze all you want -- you're not getting hammered as a 20-year-old college student with no responsibilities other than to show up for the final in flip flops, shorts, and a muscle T, carrying a Big Gulp of Mello Yello to power you through your notes.  OP is leaving college, dude.  Cut the man some slack.  
I can't cut him any slack, he's going to miss the drinking more than the steady supply of fresh pussy.....it just ain't right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-08-09, 10:22

It's been over 25 years and I still miss the first sunny, even close to warm spring days and coed campus sunbathing commenced.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-09, 10:39

GRR Spartan wrote:It's been over 25 years and I still miss the first sunny, even close to warm spring days and coed campus sunbathing commenced.

A lot of the sunbathing disappeared once MSU switch to semesters. The dorms are cleared out in early May.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-09, 11:01

tGreenWay wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:It's been over 25 years and I still miss the first sunny, even close to warm spring days and coed campus sunbathing commenced.  

A lot of the sunbathing disappeared once MSU switch to semesters.  The dorms are cleared out in early May.
One more thing the kids these days miss.

Kegs in the dorms.
Drink a suite parties.
Doors open herb smoking.
No AIDS to worry about.
Dime beers.

We truly had a golden age.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2015-08-09, 11:16

beal99 wrote:

truth, i miss easy muff.

This man speaks the truth. You gotta step up your game once you leave campus. Then you have to navigate your 20s and bitches wanting to marry. After that you're gonna have to deal with your 30s and any chick that doesn't have a kid wants one.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-08-09, 11:16

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

A lot of the sunbathing disappeared once MSU switch to semesters.  The dorms are cleared out in early May.

Kegs in the dorms.
Drink a suite parties.
Doors open herb smoking.
No AIDS to worry about.
Dime beers.

Indeed. Wilson beach was great. Could hang out there with a small cooler of beer while taking in the sights. Someone on an upper floor put a bushy pot plant in the open window to get afternoon sun.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-08-09, 11:27

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Kegs in the dorms.
Drink a suite parties.
Doors open herb smoking.
No AIDS to worry about.
Dime beers.

Um, you get get kegs in the dorms still...you just have to be creative about it. In Emmons my freshman year, some people snuck a keg in via a refrigerator box and hosted a kegger in their dorm. We also took an empty room that had no one living in it, and converted it into a drinking/beer pong room until the RA's eventually caught us.

Can still have a lot of fun, but yes, I think you guys lived in a golden time in ways.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-09, 12:30

HT wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Kegs in the dorms.
Drink a suite parties.
Doors open herb smoking.
No AIDS to worry about.
Dime beers.

Um, you get get kegs in the dorms still...you just have to be creative about it. In Emmons my freshman year, some people snuck a keg in via a refrigerator box and hosted a kegger in their dorm. We also took an empty room that had no one living in it, and converted it into a drinking/beer pong room until the RA's eventually caught us.

Can still have a lot of fun, but yes, I think you guys lived in a golden time in ways.

That gives me hope for the future of America.   A degree of inventive subversion is good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-08-09, 12:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:C'mon, fellas, cut the man some slack.  He's walking away from the best campus anywhere.  We would all give our eyeteeth to spend just an hour/day/week back there.  It's not like you don't know what he's talking about.  

You can talk about booze all you want -- you're not getting hammered as a 20-year-old college student with no responsibilities other than to show up for the final in flip flops, shorts, and a muscle T, carrying a Big Gulp of Mello Yello to power you through your notes.  OP is leaving college, dude.  Cut the man some slack.  

I think I love you

Fist bump across the decades, bruh bruh.  

You know what im going to miss the most? Giphy
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-09, 14:26

One of the things I miss about MSU having a Spring Quarter were all of the sundresses women wore along Grand River. And the dorm beaches.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-09, 14:32

tGreenWay wrote:One of the things I miss about MSU having a Spring Quarter were all of the sundresses women wore along Grand River.  And the dorm beaches.  
The motherfucking communists must have been behind eliminating Spring Quarters.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-09, 15:06

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:One of the things I miss about MSU having a Spring Quarter were all of the sundresses women wore along Grand River.  And the dorm beaches.  

Assholes, all of them!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-08-09, 15:20

LooseGoose wrote:
Agree. The trimester system should be re-instituted. The outdoor IM pool and diving platforms are kinda useless without it.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-09, 17:18

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
Agree. The trimester system should be re-instituted. The outdoor IM pool and diving platforms are kinda useless without it.

That was another bonus of classes ending in early June. The sights were glorious. I hope kids are still sneaking in after hours, too. We had a blast both in HS and as undergrads.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-08-09, 18:00

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Agree. The trimester system should be re-instituted. The outdoor IM pool and diving platforms are kinda useless without it.

That was another bonus of classes ending in early June. The sights were glorious. I hope kids are still sneaking in after hours, too. We had a blast both in HS and as undergrads.
Only went to the IM pool once. Craziest night of my life that didn't include sex or the potential to be killed.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-08-09, 19:16

NigelUno wrote:A lot of bars have happy hours. Every day.

Victory bell, is this you?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-08-09, 19:19

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
beal99 wrote:

truth, i miss easy muff.

This man speaks the truth. You gotta step up your game once you leave campus. Then you have to navigate your 20s and bitches wanting to marry. After that you're gonna have to deal with your 30s and any chick that doesn't have a kid wants one.

This times a mil. Find some chick.in her 30s that doesn't have an altered motive is a rare gem. Marry her Stat is the irony
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-09, 20:13

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Only went to the IM pool once. Craziest night of my life that didn't include sex or the potential to be killed.

I heard some girl fell off the high dive and split her back open, and that put an end to the late-night fence climbs. They installed higher fences and stepped up all-night security.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-08-09, 20:16

tGreenWay wrote:One of the things I miss about MSU having a Spring Quarter were all of the sundresses women wore along Grand River. And the dorm beaches.

Sperm Term.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-08-09, 20:17

tGreenWay wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Only went to the IM pool once. Craziest night of my life that didn't include sex or the potential to be killed.

I heard some girl fell off the high dive and split her back open, and that put an end to the late-night fence climbs. They installed higher fences and stepped up all-night security.

I don't think the platforms are open for diving at all anymore.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-09, 20:24

NigelUno wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I saw people on the platforms a few weeks ago driving by, I think it was open. When ever I was actually at the pool though, it wasn't, just the diving boards.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-09, 20:29

I miss every fucking thing about college. Even the classes. Maybe I don't miss moving in and out of dorms and apartments and houses. But everything else I miss. Especially my youth.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-09, 20:40

I never lived on campus or in EL. After getting out of the navy I was emancipated so they waive the requirement to live on campus for a year. I probably should have done it anyway. I would have probably made some great friends. I was also 22 though. I still had fun cuz I grew up in Lansing and lived with high school friends the whole time I was at MSU.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-08-09, 20:54

NigelUno wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

So one girl critically injures herself and spoils it for everyone else. So selfish.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-08-09, 21:12

tGreenWay wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

So one girl critically injures herself and spoils it for everyone else. So selfish.
It's all fun and games till somebody ruptures a spleen and crushes a couple vertebra
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-08-09, 21:29

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It's all fun and games till somebody ruptures a spleen and crushes a couple vertebra
One dude landed pretty much on his back off the 10M and came out coughing up blood. It was time to get out of there
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-08-09, 22:03

DWags wrote:I miss every fucking thing about college. Even the classes. Maybe I don't miss moving in and out of dorms and apartments and houses. But everything else I miss. Especially my youth.

That cause you old and kids and shit
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down