Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?

+9
Giant Moose
Ass Dan
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Turtleneck
13 posters

Go down

How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  Empty How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?

Post by Turtleneck Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 11:01

How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  Ecf66f21c301ce57e694cbbe2dd7b2ec
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  Empty Re: How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?

Post by steveschneider Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 11:04

I remember the hype, but never watched a game.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  Empty Re: How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?

Post by Turtleneck Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 11:06

steveschneider wrote:I remember the hype, but never watched a game.

The USFL seems like it was pretty cool. Some solid team names and logos. Never really here much about the Panthers. I imagine it is hard for the Lions to have to play in the shadows of the Panthers success.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 11:07

Novo Bojovic was the greatest USFL kicker of all time
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 11:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:Novo Bojovic was the greatest USFL kicker of all time

Fire Up Chips!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 12:32

Bobby Hebert, baby!!!!! They even got me to not completely despise Anthony Carter for a couple of years.

I don't know about being a "big" fan, but I was definitely a fan, as much as a typical 10-12 year old living in Michigan. Had a sticker on my Trapper Keeper and everything. I had a little more history rooting for the Tigers, Wings, and Pistons, but otherwise liked them as much as those teams.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 12:33

Went to a couple games. John Corker baby, lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 12:55

Watched a few games. Went to one game against the New Jersey Generals and Herschel Walker.

Listened to the '83 championship game on radio at a campground because a bunch of us were in West Virginia on a whitewater rafting trip
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 13:41

I was six. I do remember my friend at the time Jason Jaeger telling me that they got to go to a game and they sat on the 50 yard line. I was very confused by this. How did the players get around you guys if you were sitting on the field?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 13:45

The Pantry wrote:Watched a few games. Went to one game against the New Jersey Generals and Herschel Walker.

Listened to the '83 championship game on radio at a campground because a bunch of us were in West Virginia on a whitewater rafting trip

How sore was your anus when you got home? For the record what the locals did to you was disgusting.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 13:48

I only fuck with one defunct Detroit Franchise

How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  9mk3nrg5v5vfk22qg1gyucbct
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 14:02

kingstonlake wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Watched a few games. Went to one game against the New Jersey Generals and Herschel Walker.

How sore was your anus when you got home? For the record what the locals did to you was disgusting.
Deliverance took place in Georgia, Nigel's neck-o-the-woods
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 14:03

Ass Dan wrote:I only fuck with one defunct Detroit Franchise

I had you pegged as more of a

How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  150px-DetroitShock

guy.

ps. That Vipers logo remains as one of the GOAT.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 14:10

Unlike the Panthers/USFL, the Vipers were minor league, though, and that league never really had any ambition to compete with the NHL. But they did fill a little void during the 94 Lockout. I remember going to the Palace to watch them play the Russian national team during that lockout (or, if not officially the Russian national team, a team of several of the top Russian NHL players, as lots of players were doing exhibition games to stay in skating shape). Might have been the first time that the line of Fedorov, Bure, and Mogilny was re-united since they defected.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 14:14

This is a USFL thread. Please start an IHL thread.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 14:23

First professional (or semi-pro if you want to be a dick about it) sports event I ever attended was a Vipers game. My dad got free tickets I think, seems like the only way he would have taken me to any kind of game. Pretty neat.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 14:26

Turtleneck wrote:How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  Ecf66f21c301ce57e694cbbe2dd7b2ec
Is that the thing that was in kingstonlake's backyard?

How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  Animal10

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t7538-coyote-or-something-else
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 14:30

Giant Moose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  Ecf66f21c301ce57e694cbbe2dd7b2ec
Is that the thing that was in kingstonlake's backyard?

How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  Animal10

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t7538-coyote-or-something-else

Yes. I can clearly see a USFL championship ring on its tail.

Last edited by Turtleneck on Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 15:59; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 14:46

Big enough fan of the USFL in general that I'll never vote for Donald Trump.

Probably went to half a dozen Panthers games in the two years they were around. They played an 18 game schedule so they had 9 home games a year.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 15:19

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Big enough fan of the USFL in general that I'll never vote for Donald Trump.

Probably my favorite 30 for 30 is the one about the death of the USFL. It is not something that makes Trump look good.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 15:49

I weighed about 20 pounds less during the Panther's run than I do now, so I wouldn't say I was a big fan.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 15:53

Also, any love for the Detroit Wheels and the WFL?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 15:59

I've attended more Panthers games in my life (1) than I have Lions games! :-)
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 16:00

tGreenWay wrote:I weighed about 20 pounds less during the Panther's run than I do now, so I wouldn't say I was a big fan.

So not 32x32?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 16:02

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I weighed about 20 pounds less during the Panther's run than I do now, so I wouldn't say I was a big fan.

So not 32x32?

Only when I scratch off and change the numbers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 19:25

MiamiSpartan wrote:Bobby Hebert, baby!!!!!  They even got me to not completely despise Anthony Carter for a couple of years.

I don't know about being a "big" fan, but I was definitely a fan, as much as a typical 10-12 year old living in Michigan.  Had a sticker on my Trapper Keeper and everything.  I had a little more history rooting for the Tigers, Wings, and Pistons, but otherwise liked them as much as those teams.

Shocked "Trapper Keeper."  

How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  1966794946   Props for the reference.  Stopped me in my tracks.  I had one of those bad boys, too.   How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  1966794946

How many of you were big Michigan Panthers fans?  Keeperz
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down