Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial 2014 NFL Draft thread

+44
JEK
dubie7006
Larry Kazamias
A. Allen
BtothejizA
Youngblood 96
Crazy Jim9
Floyd Robertson
sprtnbrn
Heat Miser
Izzo Court
tTito
Other Teams Pursuing That
I Still Hate Weber State
TrueGreenSpartan
DWags
The Pantry
Danny Tanner
Rod Porkmore
WCS
Travis of the Cosmos
SawGreen
Fallenangle
Zeno
Loose Stools
Stinkweed
Dr Draymond
Gob Bluth
Stoops21
Ham Porter
WhiteBoyHatcher
d_mcc
Death Roe
WBill
Oops Thats not right
NigelUno
Ass Dan
Rodeo Burger
Mentalstate
Macks
LoneWolfSparty
Cosmo_Kramer
SeeRockCity
Jor El
48 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

tOfficial 2014 NFL Draft thread Empty tOfficial 2014 NFL Draft thread

Post by MJ 2014-05-06, 12:04

Round 1
Pick
1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney
2. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins) - Greg Robinson
3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Black Bortles
4. Buffalo Bills (From Cleveland Browns) - Sammy Watkins
5. Oakland Raiders - Khalil Mack
6. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Mike Evans
8. Cleveland Browns (fromMinnesota Vikings) - Justin Gilbert
9. Minnesota Vikings (from Cleveland through Buffalo Bills) - Anthony Barr
10. Detroit Lions - Eric Ebron
11. Tennessee Titans - Rapist
12. New York Giants - Odell Beckham Jr.
13. St. Louis Rams - Aaron Donald
14. Chicago Bears - Kyle Fuller
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Ryan Shazier
16. Dallas Cowboys - Zack Martin
17. Baltimore Ravens - CJ Mosley
18. New York Jets - Calvin Pryor
19. Miami Dolphins - JaWuan James
20. New Orleans Saints (From Arizona Cardinals)  - Brandin Cooks
21. Green Bay Packers - HAHA Clinton-Dix
22. Cleveland Browns (From Philadelphia Eagles) - Johnny Manziel
23. Kansas City Chiefs - Dee Ford
24. Cincinnati Bengals - Darqueze Dennard
25. San Diego Chargers - Jason Varrett
26. Philadelphia Eagles (From Cleveland Browns from Indianapolis Colts) - Marcus Smith
27. Arizona Cardinals (From New Orleans Saints) - Deone Bucannon
28. Carolina Panthers - Kelvin Benjamin
29. New England Patriots - Dominique Easley
30. San Francisco 49ers - Jimmie Ward
31. Denver Broncos - CB Bradley Roby
32. Minnesota Vikings (From Seattle Seahawks) - Teddy Bridgewater

Really excited to hear so many Spartans get their name called this weekend.

I'm a sucker for the draft, one of those things I won't move until it's over with.  Kinda like the opening weekend of the tournament for me.  

Lots of potential rumors floating now, Johnny Football is the hot name right now moving up to possibly #2.

Lions said they don't plan on trading Suh, would have loved to pick up a late first or extra 2nd and 3rd rounders for him.

Last edited by MJ on 2014-05-08, 23:47; edited 12 times in total
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial 2014 NFL Draft thread Empty Re: tOfficial 2014 NFL Draft thread

Post by Jor El 2014-05-06, 14:02

I know everyone wants to trade down but I'd love to see the Lions trade down and grab Dennard midway through the first round.
Jor El
Jor El
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-05-06, 14:04

>>6. Atlanta Falcons

Yeah, thanks for reminding me. What a train wreck last year.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-06, 14:23

SeeRockCity wrote:>>6. Atlanta Falcons

Yeah, thanks for reminding me.  What a train wreck last year.

Oh I'm sorry for the terrible season you had last year, that was filled with expectations of the playoffs.

-The Lions every year
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-05-06, 14:39

Jor El wrote:I know everyone wants to trade down but I'd love to see the Lions trade down and grab Dennard midway through the first round.

Me too. Get an extra pick, and still get a corner (or a safety, like Dix)
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-06, 15:40

Jor El wrote:I know everyone wants to trade down but I'd love to see the Lions trade down and grab Dennard midway through the first round.

Makes way to much sense.

Rumors are the Lions are talking with the Jags about moving up to #3 for Watkins right now.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jor El 2014-05-06, 16:01

MJ wrote:

Makes way to much sense.

Rumors are the Lions are talking with the Jags about moving up to #3 for Watkins right now.

I might be OK with that. You gotta wonder who the hell is gonna play corner though. Houston is not healthy.
Jor El
Jor El
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-05-06, 16:03

The Houston Texans trade their 1st pick to the Detroit Lions for the Lions first rd pick and Ndamukong Suh.

With the first pick in 2014 NFL Draft the Detroit Lions take Jadeveon clowney, Linebacker from the South Carolina.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-06, 16:23

Jor El wrote:

I might be OK with that. You gotta wonder who the hell is gonna play corner though.  Houston is not healthy.

I know Valenti is usually full of shit, but he just had a list of the last 10 WR's taken in the top 10 of the draft under 6'2".

Only Michael Crabtree has been decent, and the jury is still out on Tavon Austin but he wasn't very good last year. I'd pass on a WR, this team has much more pressing needs like CB/S/OLB.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Macks 2014-05-06, 17:06

Lions NEED a WR. They just don't need to give up a bunch of picks to get Watkins. Megatron/Tate is a good combo but there's literally nothing behind them. Need a #3 guy for sure, and there should be some good ones available in round 2-3.

Best-case scenario imo is that Lions can trade down into that 14-17 range and pick up more early-mid round picks. They should be able to get some takers because at #10 there should be at least one of the top OTs, maybe Aaron Donald, plus guys like Ebron, Barr, Clinton-Dix available. None of those are good value for the Lions but some other teams might have needs that fit.

Then at 14-17 the Lions could take a wide variety of prospects, either a CB or S, maybe an OLB or WR. Much better value.
Macks
Macks
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-06, 23:00

Macks wrote:Lions NEED a WR. They just don't need to give up a bunch of picks to get Watkins. Megatron/Tate is a good combo but there's literally nothing behind them. Need a #3 guy for sure, and there should be some good ones available in round 2-3.

Best-case scenario imo is that Lions can trade down into that 14-17 range and pick up more early-mid round picks. They should be able to get some takers because at #10 there should be at least one of the top OTs, maybe Aaron Donald, plus guys like Ebron, Barr, Clinton-Dix available. None of those are good value for the Lions but some other teams might have needs that fit.

Then at 14-17 the Lions could take a wide variety of prospects, either a CB or S, maybe an OLB or WR. Much better value.

Love to see the Lions sit tight and get a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. This draft seems pretty deep with some play makers at WR, I think that big Benjamin kid from FSU could be a steal for someone in the 2nd round, same thing with Robinson from PSU.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-06, 23:49

Anyone who would "love" to see Suh traded simply does not understand football and has an anterior motive. Suh has been voted the most dominant D player in the league by his peers and coaches. He literally affects every play the opposing O runs. He is a rare force. No draft pick will replace him, at the very best they might match him in a few years.

There are a few stupid teams in the top 5, and Mayhew has fleeced teams in the draft before. The hope for Det is that there is an irrational rush on QBs.

BTW, mock draft came out today with Det taking Grand Wizard Spewan. If that happens, F that.

Right now, 1-3 QBs could go in top ten, 3 OTs, Mack and 2 WRs. If Det trades up to take Watkins or Mack, that's fine. Otherwise, doubt they can trade down. WR, LB, DB & TE have to be the priorities.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-06, 23:59

Mentalstate wrote:Anyone who would "love" to see Suh traded simply does not understand football and has an anterior motive. Suh has been voted the most dominant D player in the league by his peers and coaches. He literally affects every play the opposing O runs. He is a rare force. No draft pick will replace him, at the very best they might match him in a few years.

I don't think Suh resigns in Detroit, I hope I am wrong and he does. I'd much rather trade the guy for a couple draft picks then let him walk for nothing.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Macks 2014-05-07, 00:29

MJ wrote:

Love to see the Lions sit tight and get a WR in the 2nd or 3rd.   This draft seems pretty deep with some play makers at WR, I think that big Benjamin kid from FSU could be a steal for someone in the 2nd round, same thing with Robinson from PSU.

Not a fan of Benjamin really. I like Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, or Davante Adams in the 2nd. All solid picks. I think Jarvis Landry in the 3rd-4th could be a good pickup too. Poor combine but he made some big time plays for LSU.
Macks
Macks
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-05-07, 00:48

Mentalstate wrote:Anyone who would "love" to see Suh traded simply does not understand football and has an anterior motive. Suh has been voted the most dominant D player in the league by his peers and coaches. He literally affects every play the opposing O runs. He is a rare force. No draft pick will replace him, at the very best they might match him in a few years.

lol! @ the bolded part.

And your points are well taken, but Suh has a year left before free agency, and he isn't showing up at team activities or talking to the team. Not exactly a guy you want to count on, even if he didn't already have problems on and off the field.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-07, 11:22

If Det knows they can't resign him, then that is the only scenario that makes sense. From what it sounds like, the real issue is money, not location. And then the problem becomes...if a team knows that, Det loses leverage, team tries to get him on the cheap, Det loses an all-pro dominant force for a 3rd rounder.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-05-07, 11:26

Mentalstate wrote:If Det knows they can't resign him, then that is the only scenario that makes sense. From what it sounds like, the real issue is money, not location. And then the problem becomes...if a team knows that, Det loses leverage, team tries to get him on the cheap, Det loses an all-pro dominant force for a 3rd rounder.

If he's a cancer to the team the way he was being framed as after Schwartz's departure, then that's enough to move him. I don't give a damn if he's dominant, you need pieces around him and I'd trade one great player for the good ones without ever thinking twice.

He's really good. If the lions trade him away, it won't be a bad move because they know his situation better than anyone else
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-07, 11:30

Ass Dan wrote:

If he's a cancer to the team the way he was being framed as after Schwartz's departure, then that's enough to move him. I don't give a damn if he's dominant, you need pieces around him and I'd trade one great player for the good ones without ever thinking twice.

He's really good. If the lions trade him away, it won't be a bad move because they know his situation better than anyone else

If true, I'd agree. That said, that report came from a nat writer out of nowhere and was pretty discredited.

Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-07, 13:23

Not a bad draft for Michigan State - 4 of the top 8.

tOfficial 2014 NFL Draft thread BnC9gJDIAAEbtgE
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-08, 10:07

Houston wants 3 #1's and a #2 to trade the #1 overall pick. Doesn't sound like anyone is biting on that after the Redskins got burned in the RGIII trade.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Macks 2014-05-08, 10:23

MJ wrote:Houston wants 3 #1's and a #2 to trade the #1 overall pick.  Doesn't sound like anyone is biting on that after the Redskins got burned in the RGIII trade.

New report says they want a 2014 1st, 2nd and 3rd + 2015 1st. Still pretty steep but I wonder if someone pulls the trigger for Clowney, Mack or Watkins. Hope it ain't the Lions.
Macks
Macks
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-08, 10:26

MJ wrote:
Lots of potential rumors floating now, Johnny Football is the hot name right now moving up to possibly #2.

No way. Rams are just messing with people.

They'll take Robinson.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-05-08, 10:29

MJ wrote:Houston wants 3 #1's and a #2 to trade the #1 overall pick.  Doesn't sound like anyone is biting on that after the Redskins got burned in the RGIII trade.

Any GM that made a trade like that should get fired.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Macks 2014-05-08, 10:43

Strong talk that Manziel will go to the Bucs. Ideally for the Lions we want as many QBs and OTs as possible to go in the top 10 to push receivers down. If that doesn't happen though, then it would nice to see a top QB or OT slip to 10 for tradebait.
Macks
Macks
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Oops Thats not right 2014-05-08, 11:12

I hope to god the Lions don't take a WR, I also hope they don't draft Dennard, I want to see him have a great career and win something in the NFL, that won't happen in Detroit.
Oops Thats not right
Oops Thats not right
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Macks 2014-05-08, 11:24

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport believes the Lions' most likely Thursday actions are to either trade up for Sammy Watkins, or "stay put" at No. 10.

RapSheet has been beating the Watkins-Detroit drum for a few days now. He reports the Lions took Watkins out to lunch after Clemson's Pro Day, and at one point during the pre-draft process "were talking to him nearly every day." Insists Rapoport, "The interest is real." For now, Watkins is expected to be taken somewhere in the top five, either by the Jags at 3, Browns at 4, or Raiders at 5.
Macks
Macks
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Oops Thats not right 2014-05-08, 11:31

Macks wrote:NFL Network's Ian Rapoport believes the Lions' most likely Thursday actions are to either trade up for Sammy Watkins, or "stay put" at No. 10.

RapSheet has been beating the Watkins-Detroit drum for a few days now. He reports the Lions took Watkins out to lunch after Clemson's Pro Day, and at one point during the pre-draft process "were talking to him nearly every day." Insists Rapoport, "The interest is real." For now, Watkins is expected to be taken somewhere in the top five, either by the Jags at 3, Browns at 4, or Raiders at 5.

I think Mike Evans will have a better career.
Oops Thats not right
Oops Thats not right
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-05-08, 11:58

If the Lions draft Lewan, I may have to go buy a Packers jersey.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-05-08, 12:01

WBill wrote:If the Lions draft Lewan, I may have to go buy a Packers jersey.

This.

Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Oops Thats not right 2014-05-08, 12:05

Ass Dan wrote:

This.

I'll be buying a Steelers jersey.
Oops Thats not right
Oops Thats not right
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-08, 12:28

WBill wrote:If the Lions draft Lewan, I may have to go buy a Packers jersey.

It will at least be a unique jersey, as it will come with a hood and prison pinstripes. The alternative jersey will simply have the prison number on it.

Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-08, 12:37

New rumor that Det is exploring trade up for one of the top 3 OTs- that to me is a huge smokescreen. Det needs two things to happen to maximize at #10- a run on QBs (at least 3) and a run on OTs (3). That would be 6 players, Clowney is gone at #1 and Watkins in gone in at #2. That would mean either Evans or Mack drops to Det. If Mack drops (1% chance of that), you'd hope Det wings a deal and tries to trade for the pick right behind them and get both.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Oops Thats not right 2014-05-08, 12:38

Mentalstate wrote:New rumor that Det is exploring trade up for one of the top 3 OTs- that to me is a huge smokescreen. Det needs two things to happen to maximize at #10- a run on QBs (at least 3) and a run on OTs (3). That would be 6 players, Clowney is gone at #1 and Watkins in gone in at #2. That would mean either Evans or Mack drops to Det. If Mack drops (1% chance of that), you'd hope Det wings a deal and tries to trade for the pick right behind them and get both.

OL wasn't half bad last year for the Lions.

Sure Riola is old as ****, but you can draft a replacement at Center later.

No way they take an OT, unless Lewan threatened to rape everyone if they don't take him.
Oops Thats not right
Oops Thats not right
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-05-08, 12:53

If Manziel is there at 10 the Lions trade out to Dallas.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-05-08, 12:56

Oops Thats not right wrote:

OL wasn't half bad last year for the Lions.

Sure Riola is old as ****, but you can draft a replacement at Center later.

No way they take an OT, unless Lewan threatened to rape everyone if they don't take him.

Agree, They talked about Waddle a lot before he hit the field, and the kid was a stud. HUGE steal. Reif is steady at RT. The rookie OG played part of the year at a pro bowl level. Raiola dipped in the rood well and had his best year as a pro in forever. And Sims has alway been steady. Additionally, Hilliard provided great minutes rotating in. Fox was good when healthy, but is gone now. Still have 3 OTs that are proven. IT was the cleanest Stafford has been ever, and the run lanes and screen passes where there all season. I believe it's a shot at gaging where the teams ahead of Det are and a try to get teams head to go for OTs.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-08, 13:55

At what point tonight do the Lions draft a QB? 4th? 5th round?
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Macks 2014-05-08, 14:30

Lions OL was great last year in pass blocking. Only way I think they take an OT is if someone like Greg Robinson drops to #10. That might not be a NEED right now but it would shore up the OL for the future. Move Reiff in to LG to replace an aging Rob Sims if Waddle or Robinson can cut it at LT, or put in Robinson as a nasty run blocker at LG with the flexibility to jump out to OT if needed.

This isn't going to happen though.
Macks
Macks
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-08, 14:58

Macks wrote:Lions OL was great last year in pass blocking. Only way I think they take an OT is if someone like Greg Robinson drops to #10. That might not be a NEED right now but it would shore up the OL for the future. Move Reiff in to LG to replace an aging Rob Sims if Waddle or Robinson can cut it at LT, or put in Robinson as a nasty run blocker at LG with the flexibility to jump out to OT if needed.

This isn't going to happen though.

I'd be ok with this situation if it happened.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ 2014-05-08, 17:59

NFL Network or ESPN for everyone tonight?
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Macks 2014-05-08, 18:39

MJ wrote:NFL Network or ESPN for everyone tonight?

I think Mayock is on NFL Network isn't he? I like Mayock - one of the few announcers who actually knows football instead of just throwing out buzzwords.
Macks
Macks
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next