Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan

+9
PCL
Rocinante
The_Dude
Ass Dan
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Robert J Sakimano
Giant Moose
13 posters

Go down

BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan Empty BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan

Post by Giant Moose 2015-08-31, 08:44

Tom Dienhart (@BTNTomDienhart)
2015 record: 0-0
Week 1 picks: Utah 24, Michigan 17; TCU 28, Minnesota 19; Michigan State 44, Western Michigan 14; Illinois 29, Kent State 21; Iowa 17, Illinois State 14; Maryland 30, Richmond 10; Rutgers 41, Norfolk State 9; Stanford 30, Northwestern 24; BYU 28, Nebraska 27; Penn State 31, Temple 21; Indiana 45, Southern Illinois 17; Alabama 27, Wisconsin 24; Purdue 27, Marshall 24; Ohio State 29, Virginia Tech 17

Sean Merriman (@BTNSean)
Week 1 picks: Utah 31, Michigan 21; TCU 38, Minnesota 28; Michigan State 45, Western Michigan 14; Illinois 20, Kent State 14; Iowa 24, Illinois State 21; Maryland 35, Richmond 3; Rutgers 24, Norfolk State 12; Stanford 27, Northwestern 14; Penn State 24, Temple 7; Nebraska 31, BYU 27; Indiana 35, Southern Illinois 14; Alabama 27, Wisconsin 23; Marshall 31, Purdue 17; Ohio State 24, Virgina Tech 14.

Brent Yarina (@BTNBrentYarina)
Week 1 picks: Utah 27, Michigan 23; TCU 37, Minnesota 20; Michigan State 41, Western Michigan 10; Illinois 27, Kent State 17; Iowa 31, Illinois State 27; Maryland 32, Richmond 13; Rutgers 42, Norfolk State 14; Stanford 30, Northwestern 23; Penn State 24, Temple 13; Nebraska 34, BYU 31; Indiana 45, Southern Illinois 21; Alabama 30, Wisconsin 24; Marshall 27, Purdue 23; Ohio State 31, Virginia Tech 20

Rotating B1G Writer: Bob Asmussen (@BobAsmussen), news-gazette.com
Week 1 picks: Utah 28, Michigan 27; TCU 37, Minnesota 29; Michigan State 40, Western Michigan 10; Illinois 34, Kent State 13; Iowa 21, Illinois State 20; Maryland 45, Richmond 12; Rutgers 32, Norfolk State 6; Stanford 30, Northwestern 16; Nebraska 31, BYU 24; Penn State 41, Temple 18; Indiana 36, Southern Illinois 15; Alabama 28, Wisconsin 20; Marshall 39, Purdue 33; Ohio State 35, Virginia Tech 21

http://btn.com/2015/08/31/week-1-see-our-predictions-for-all-14-big-ten-football-games/

I thought Utah was a cupcake? BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan 2599972566 BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan 1494614055
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan Empty Re: BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 08:47

this thread needs to be pinned at the top.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan Empty Re: BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan

Post by Giant Moose 2015-08-31, 08:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:this thread needs to be pinned at the top.
I printed it out already and put it in the front pocket of my khakis.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-08-31, 08:49

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:this thread needs to be pinned at the top.
I printed it out already and put it in the front pocket of my khakis.
nice.. good idea. I'll print out two. One to keep with me for when I get sad.. a second to light cigars with when I'm Up North this weekend.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-08-31, 08:52

I'm surprised they're all picking MSU by such a large margin. WMU is a pretty good football team and they're gonna be ready to play.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-31, 08:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so they basically agree with us that SCum sucks?
Not US Bob. Just you.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-31, 09:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm surprised they're all picking MSU by such a large margin. WMU is a pretty good football team and they're gonna be ready to play.

We'll cover.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-08-31, 09:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm surprised they're all picking MSU by such a large margin. WMU is a pretty good football team and they're gonna be ready to play.

We'll cover.
You gonna place that bet in the betting area? Are you part of it, or just because of mod powers you can post there and shit?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-08-31, 09:51

InTenSity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

We'll cover.
You gonna place that bet in the betting area? Are you part of it, or just because of mod powers you can post there and shit?

I'd put it in the gamboling board but someone might complain that there's too many things to vote on.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-08-31, 09:57

I think the play to make is WMU 1h and MSU 2h. 1h will probably be WMU +10, maybe even 10.5.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-31, 10:19

Giant Moose wrote:I thought Utah was a cupcake? BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan 2599972566 BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan 1494614055

You only think that if you rely on Popular Mechanics for your college football information.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-08-31, 11:07

If Ive learned anything, its that these sports writers are always correct.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-08-31, 11:09

Who the hell said Utah was a cupcake?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-08-31, 11:25

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Who the hell said Utah was a cupcake?
Popular Mechanics.

BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan 73702b30-4b61-11e5-bd32-1bf5f1be3e59_PMCalendar
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-08-31, 12:04

Don't believe the hype, bruh. MSU is going to destroy Western. Just cuz they coach takes his shirt off and do karate kicks don't mean they shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PCL 2015-08-31, 23:12

I'm surprised they all have the 'Bama vs Wisky game so close. Bama is favored by 12.5 and Wisky still has maybe the worst starting qb this side of Sugar Shane Morris. And they lost that Gordon fella who was basically their entire O. I just don't see any offensive production for the Badgers, and Bama will be chomping at the bit to take down a big 10 team after OSU surprised them last year.
PCL
PCL
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-08-31, 23:52

Rocinante wrote:

Don't believe the hype, bruh.  MSU is going to destroy Western.  Just cuz they coach takes his shirt off and do karate kicks don't mean they shit.

Don't undersell them. I have had a passing/mocking interest in the Broncs since PJ took over and started rowing the boat. They're actually a decent squad. He's actually a good coach, and they are building something there (if he doesn't get poached first). Jarvion Franklin is a very good player. They have a returning QB and a couple of WRs who were very good last year. That's all I know but be fair, dammit. 

You really have to think of the opportunity that team is going to sense here in this spot. Not trying to be that guy but I've been gambling for a long time and I've lost a LOT of money! These things are not creations of the media, they are legit. You have a team that believes they are good and getting better, with a coach who has them believing he is the next Urbz. You have the in state, top 5 team, with coaches who probably passed on most of their starters, coming to their place, and the biggest game pretty much they've ever had in their stadium. That's not an exaggeration. This will be the biggest football game to this point in time that WMU has ever had in Waldo Stadium. 

Football games are not played in a vacuum. Emotion will be real, atmosphere will be real and you better believe Western is going into this game thinking they can pull the upset. They keep it close for a bit with emotion (which I think they will), and they're going to start believing. 

I would love to think that we will overwhelm them on talent, and we probably will to some extent. 

This is one of those things though where if we come out and do what you guys are saying we're gonna do we really need to praise baby jebus AGAIN because our coaching staff is somehow good enough that we're beyond the let down, as we were for everysinglefuckinggame after OSU last year. Not sure people realize how remarkable and rare that is.

Realistically, it makes sense to split the difference. MSU is not going to come out and run shit from the opening whistle. Emotion will take its toll early. WMU will get some early licks in. Defenses are ahead of Offenses early in the year. WMU will make it a game for a quarter or a half. Talent, speed and size will eventually overwhelm. We pull away in the 2nd half. 

If we pull away from the jump, that is going to make me rock hard because I think that's something - given the situation - that only a special team could do.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-09-01, 00:01

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Don't believe the hype, bruh.  MSU is going to destroy Western.  Just cuz they coach takes his shirt off and do karate kicks don't mean they shit.

Don't undersell them. I have had a passing/mocking interest in the Broncs since PJ took over and started rowing the boat. They're actually a decent squad. He's actually a good coach, and they are building something there (if he doesn't get poached first). Jarvion Franklin is a very good player. They have a returning QB and a couple of WRs who were very good last year. That's all I know but be fair, dammit. 

You really have to think of the opportunity that team is going to sense here in this spot. Not trying to be that guy but I've been gambling for a long time and I've lost a LOT of money! These things are not creations of the media, they are legit. You have a team that believes they are good and getting better, with a coach who has them believing he is the next Urbz. You have the in state, top 5 team, with coaches who probably passed on most of their starters, coming to their place, and the biggest game pretty much they've ever had in their stadium. That's not an exaggeration. This will be the biggest football game to this point in time that WMU has ever had in Waldo Stadium. 

Football games are not played in a vacuum. Emotion will be real, atmosphere will be real and you better believe Western is going into this game thinking they can pull the upset. They keep it close for a bit with emotion (which I think they will), and they're going to start believing. 

I would love to think that we will overwhelm them on talent, and we probably will to some extent. 

This is one of those things though where if we come out and do what you guys are saying we're gonna do we really need to praise baby jebus AGAIN because our coaching staff is somehow good enough that we're beyond the let down, as we were for everysinglefuckinggame after OSU last year. Not sure people realize how remarkable and rare that is.

Realistically, it makes sense to split the difference. MSU is not going to come out and run shit from the opening whistle. Emotion will take its toll early. WMU will get some early licks in. Defenses are ahead of Offenses early in the year. WMU will make it a game for a quarter or a half. Talent, speed and size will eventually overwhelm. We pull away in the 2nd half. 

If we pull away from the jump, that is going to make me rock hard because I think that's something - given the situation - that only a special team could do.

Franklin is still fucking there?

BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan 294152859
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-09-01, 00:05

We are soooooo fuct.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-09-01, 00:05

It's up to the players, and specifically the captains.

If they look past WMU, they'll be in a close game for a half or more. If they play like they're there to play a game, it will be a blood bath. We'll see what kind of leadership this team has on Friday.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-01, 12:01

Heavy weight vs. feather weight.

This game should be over before the first half.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-01, 12:03

Rodeo Burger wrote:It's up to the players, and specifically the captains.

If they look past WMU, they'll be in a close game for a half or more. If they play like they're there to play a game, it will be a blood bath. We'll see what kind of leadership this team has on Friday.

That's my prediction, blood bath.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-01, 12:05

tTy wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Franklin is still fucking there?

BTN.com unanimously picks Utah over Michigan 294152859

He's a sophomore...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-01, 12:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

If it's close it hurts MSU, if it's a blowout, it doesn't really help MSU that much. Dantonio knows this and therefore it will be a destroying of worlds.

I predict a 28 point victory. something like 21 - 49
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-01, 12:39

MSU beats Western 49-14. Western scores a TD early and a TD late.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down