Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So how do fans remain focused now?

+19
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
Herbie Green
Nordic
steveschneider
Blanch32
MiamiSpartan
Code_Warrior
Other Teams Pursuing That
Vlad
Rocinante
SpartyScotty
NigelUno
The_Dude
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Giant Moose
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So how do fans remain focused now? Empty So how do fans remain focused now?

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-15, 13:33

I am having trouble focusing on any game besides the one on November 21. Message boards are one of the 3 places games are won, and I don't want to be looking ahead only to have that bite me in the ass.

What should I do to remain focused on Air Force and then Central and so on? Do I need to get a wrestling mask and funny suit? Do I need to start fighting with Nigel every time I see him? Do I need to ride my bike around acting like I'm too cool for society?

Please advise.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So how do fans remain focused now? Empty Re: So how do fans remain focused now?

Post by InTenSity 2015-09-15, 13:36

You get to watch a top 5 team play, and you are rooting for them.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-15, 13:38

just remind yourself of how your self-esteem will threatened every single Saturday from now until November 21st. Imagine the impact that sheer football devastation will have on you, your family, your profession, your stock market portfolio and beyond.

Remember that every minute of every day, the football team is taking a step toward something bigger than all of us. Remember that a journey of one million miles is compromised by individual steps. And remind yourself that the journey could come to an end instantly if any one of those individual steps is threatened.

That's what I do.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-09-15, 13:40

Look at the dates 10-16-1999 and 10-23-1999 in Spartan history and you'll never lose focus as a fan again.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-15, 13:41

As far as I am concerned, the only game left on the schedule is the next game. I am dialed in big time.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-15, 13:42

Turtleneck wrote:As far as I am concerned, the only game left on the schedule is the next game. I am dialed in big time.

This. The odds that MSU loses another game besides OSU is still probably 50-50. It is incredibly hard to beat everyone you are supposed to beat in a given season.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-15, 13:43

Giant Moose wrote:I am having trouble focusing on any game besides the one on November 21. Message boards are one of the 3 places games are won, and I don't want to be looking ahead only to have that bite me in the ass.

What should I do to remain focused on Air Force and then Central and so on? Do I need to get a wrestling mask and funny suit? Do I need to start fighting with Nigel every time I see him? Do I need to ride my bike around acting like I'm too cool for society?

Please advise.

Dude! I had breakfast in Kellogg on Saturday. Were you there?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyScotty 2015-09-15, 13:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:just remind yourself of how your self-esteem will threatened every single Saturday from now until November 21st. Imagine the impact that sheer football devastation will have on you, your family, your profession, your stock market portfolio and beyond.

Remember that every minute of every day, the football team is taking a step toward something bigger than all of us. Remember that a journey of one million miles is compromised by individual steps. And remind yourself that the journey could come to an end instantly if any one of those individual steps is threatened.

That's what I do.

Asshole MFer.
SpartyScotty
SpartyScotty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-15, 13:44

SpartyScotty wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:just remind yourself of how your self-esteem will threatened every single Saturday from now until November 21st. Imagine the impact that sheer football devastation will have on you, your family, your profession, your stock market portfolio and beyond.

That's what I do.

Asshole MFer.
So how do fans remain focused now? 1966794946 So how do fans remain focused now? 1966794946 So how do fans remain focused now? 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartyScotty 2015-09-15, 13:46

Giant Moose wrote:I am having trouble focusing on any game besides the one on November 21. Message boards are one of the 3 places games are won, and I don't want to be looking ahead only to have that bite me in the ass.

Please advise.

Weird that you post this. I just looked at the schedule this morning and realized this team should walk through this schedule until the date in Columbus.
SpartyScotty
SpartyScotty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-15, 13:48

NigelUno wrote:Dude! I had breakfast in Kellogg on Saturday. Were you there?
Nah, I went to Flap Jack that morning because one of my buddies used to bang a girl who worked there. I thought she might still be working there so we went.

She wasn't working there, unfortunately. I didn't pay so no one needs to be offended on what I left as a tip.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-15, 13:50

I pick the fight Nigel option.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-15, 13:51

Rocinante wrote:I pick the fight Nigel option.

Get in line.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-09-15, 13:59

Say what you will about UM but their D is looking pretty good in the early going.  I expect that to be a tough game.

Nebraska on the road won't be easy either.

Plenty of tests ahead.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-15, 14:01

Vlad wrote:Say what you will about UM but their D is looking pretty good in the early going.  I expect that to be a tough game.

Plenty of tests ahead.
nah.. we blow through the schedule and win by two TD's or more.

oh - and pride comes before the fall.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-15, 14:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Vlad wrote:Say what you will about UM but their D is looking pretty good in the early going.  I expect that to be a tough game.

Plenty of tests ahead.
nah.. we blow through the schedule and win by two TD's or more.

Oh, Bob.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-15, 14:06

Please advise.

Dude!  I had breakfast in Kellogg on Saturday.  Were you there?
Giant Moose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Dude! I had breakfast in Kellogg on Saturday. Were you there?
Nah, I went to Flap Jack that morning because one of my buddies used to bang a girl who worked there. I thought she might still be working there so we went.

She wasn't working there, unfortunately. I didn't pay so no one needs to be offended on what I left as a tip.

Kellogg has pancakes.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-09-15, 14:06

Please advise.
Just keep your whore mouth shut and don't tell Bobby Bouchet's mom that he's playing foosball....
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-15, 14:36

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:nah.. we blow through the schedule and win by two TD's or more.

Oh, Bob.
So how do fans remain focused now? 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-09-15, 14:42

Plenty of tests ahead.
I remember how impressed you were with Gardner and the UM offense a couple of years ago, so I'm convinced that UM game will be easier than I thought now. Your fear of their offense led to what, 6 points and -48 rushing yards, so your fear of their defense should be good for about 50 points for MSU. So how do fans remain focused now? 55953254

In all seriousness, I'm pretty focused for all games. Every year some seemingly unbeatable team(s) drops a game they shouldn't. Rarely in the last couple of decades have there been more than 2 undefeated Power 5/BCS conference teams. I don't think there have been many years with more than 1. We've ruined a few teams' national title hopes ourselves.

It's a strange feeling being in this position. In 2010 (?) when we were 8-0 before losing to Iowa, it never felt like we were really NC contenders. In 2011 we lost early on and never got in the NC conversation again. In 2013, we lost early (not mit was a gradual build before we got near the conversation. Last year, any thoughts of us being in the discussion took an early hit (even though, as things played out, it was still that OSU game that kept us from the playoff).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-09-15, 16:23

SpartyScotty wrote:

Please advise.

Weird that you post this. I just looked at the schedule this morning and realized this team should walk through this schedule until the date in Columbus.

You seriously are looking past uofm?? Personally I cannot wait to piss on that parade again!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-15, 16:27

Please advise.

I took some heat for marking my overall excitement for the season as a 5.

The scheduling is so awful that I'm really not interested in watching many games until Ann Arbor and Columbus. If my upset alert goes off I will make a dash to the TV. Will try to watch the first half of most games, but I really just don't care about games against inferior opponents.

EDIT: My excitement for the Oregon game, the Michigan game and the game vs the Buckeyes is at 11.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-15, 16:40

Too many seniors on this team to have a major letdown vs the dumpster fires we play. When you're 4th toughest game remaining is either PSU at home or at Rutgers...that's easy city.

Although..UM could quickly become one with a home loss to BYU.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-15, 17:43

I'm excited to watch every game. Spartan football is only around what, 12-hopefully 15 times a year?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-09-15, 17:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm excited to watch every game. Spartan football is only around what, 12-hopefully 15 times a year?
Didn't you once pick Pistons hoops over MSU football? Embarassed
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-15, 18:33

Blanch32 wrote:
SpartyScotty wrote:

You seriously are looking past uofm??  Personally I cannot wait to piss on that parade again!
I'm sorta hoping for a 55-3 beatdown or something similar.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-15, 19:04

Giant Moose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm excited to watch every game. Spartan football is only around what, 12-hopefully 15 times a year?

I said I was more excited for the Pistons that year with maxwell playing QB. Thankfully, we found cook.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-09-15, 19:07

Already starting to plan the AF tailgate. No weeks off here kiddo.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-15, 19:29

Nordic wrote:Already starting to plan the AF tailgate. No weeks off here kiddo.

That's where it's at. If I lived in the state I would be a season ticket holder for the tailgating alone.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-09-15, 19:35

12 $$!#/^ Saturdays a year. If you aren't ready to lay your ass on the line for each and every one of them then GTFO.
Guess what Chico, UM and Nebraska have scholarship players too and 100,000 fans screaming for blood. "Oh but we are MSU. We will just wheel our players onto the field and that gets us a win". Jesus f***ng christ. Some of our fans better check themselves.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-09-15, 19:56

That's what I do.

You realize that if you weren't so damn infuriating and funny at the same time, no one would like or care about you.

Tell me you understand this.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-09-15, 20:57

Herbie Green wrote:12 $$!#/^ Saturdays a year. If you aren't ready to lay your ass on the line for each and every one of them then GTFO.
Guess what Chico, UM and Nebraska have scholarship players too and 100,000 fans screaming for blood. "Oh but we are MSU. We will just wheel our players onto the field and that gets us a win". Jesus f***ng christ. Some of our fans better check themselves.

This.

Hell, our final four basketball team lost to Texas souttern at home
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-09-15, 21:01

Ask Valenti or shit and go blind?

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-09-15, 21:05

Giant Moose wrote:

I said I was more excited for the Pistons that year with maxwell playing QB. Thankfully, we found cook.

How did the Pistons do ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-15, 21:11

duffy munn wrote:

How did the Pistons do ?
Asking that question is spiteful.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-09-15, 21:27

duffy munn wrote:

How did the Pistons do ?

Not very well, duff.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-09-15, 21:28

InTenSity wrote:You get to watch a top 5 team play, and you are rooting for them.

This. Weak thread
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-09-15, 23:28

Giant Moose wrote:

Holy shit that was you?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-09-15, 23:32

Nordic wrote:Already starting to plan the AF tailgate. No weeks off here kiddo.
Samesies. 

Did donk hand you my $27 i.o.u? 

Shooting for the garbage can cook this week, meat will be coming off at any and all times. Stop by. I'd travel but I gotta cook man. You fuckers should try to park along the fence so we can throw empty cans at one another.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Natlight 2015-09-16, 00:43

Here's how too: Zone in on the front four of this defense. Maybe you pick the guy wearing the number 4 jersey or maybe say the guy wearing the 89 jersey. Only focus one of them every play. These guys are the reason to stay focused. Your wife/girlfriend will tell you to keep your mouth closed and saliva cleaned up as you watch this until November.
Natlight
Natlight
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next