Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can we get Jalen Watts-Jackson to be 4th or honorary captain next week

+16
duffy munn
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
tTy
By-Tor
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
InTenSity
Vlad
NigelUno
SpartanInNH
Wally Fairway
tGreenWay
Giant Moose
CORNER BLITZ
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

can we get Jalen Watts-Jackson to be 4th or honorary captain next week Empty can we get Jalen Watts-Jackson to be 4th or honorary captain next week

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-18, 15:30

Dude needs a standing O at Spartan Stadium
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

can we get Jalen Watts-Jackson to be 4th or honorary captain next week Empty Re: can we get Jalen Watts-Jackson to be 4th or honorary captain next week

Post by Giant Moose 2015-10-18, 15:34

He should be the first to raise the Old Brass Spittoon next weekend since he didn't get to celebrate with Bunyan.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

can we get Jalen Watts-Jackson to be 4th or honorary captain next week Empty Re: can we get Jalen Watts-Jackson to be 4th or honorary captain next week

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-18, 17:47

Giant Moose wrote:He should be the first to raise the Old Brass Spittoon next weekend since he didn't get to celebrate with Bunyan.

The first time he's able to make an appearance, even if he's in a wheelchair post-op, he should be given a chance to hold Paul at the 50-yard line.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-10-18, 20:28

Shit we should crowdfund one of these for him (although I'm sure it would violate some NCAA fucking rule)

http://www.rivalrytrophy.com/products/paul-bunyan-trophy

Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-10-18, 22:53

Wally Fairway wrote:Shit we should crowdfund one of these for him (although I'm sure it would violate some NCAA fucking rule)

http://www.rivalrytrophy.com/products/paul-bunyan-trophy

We need to crowdfund a $75.00 fucking trophy? Suspect

Damn, bro, we're poor.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-10-19, 06:51

Jalen Watts-Jackson Tower.

If historians get all pissy about it, call it the Jalen Watts-Jackson/Beaumont Tower.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-10-19, 10:06

From yesterday's update I got the feeling he's going to be laid up for about 3 months.  (No weight on the joints at all.)

He's an MSU hero though! Need to celebrate his effort in a big way!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-19, 10:14

Vlad wrote:From yesterday's update I got the feeling he's going to be laid up for about 3 months.  (No weight on the joints at all.)

Crutches for 3 months I thought.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-19, 10:21

Kid should be in the Spartan Stadium Ring of Fame.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-19, 10:25

Vlad wrote:From yesterday's update I got the feeling he's going to be laid up for about 3 months.  (No weight on the joints at all.)

Did you get that feeling from when someone said "It'll be 3 months"
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-19, 10:50

Friend and his wife were in a motorcycle accident last year. Know it's not quite the same, but she broke her pelvis and was bedridden about 2 months
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-10-19, 11:28

BTW, JWJ wasn't the only significant injury on that last play.  A fellow co-worker and Spartan tore his achilles as he jumped out of his chair on the fumble!  Shocked
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-19, 11:33

Vlad wrote:BTW, JWJ wasn't the only significant injury on that last play.  A fellow co-worker and Spartan tore his achilles as he jumped out of his chair on the fumble!  Shocked

lol - My daughter was convinced I was going to have a stroke.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-19, 11:48

If he's out of the hospital Saturday I say fuck the grass, bring back the Spartan Chariot and wheel him out there
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-19, 12:15

First in depth JWJ story I've seen....

Dad: Watts-Jackson's injury not career-ending at MSU

The injury happened before Jalen Watts-Jackson hit the ground, when Michigan's Jake Butt yanked with all his might to keep Watts-Jackson from scoring the touchdown that stunned college football.

And shortly after Watts-Jackson arrived Saturday night at U-M Hospital as a sudden MSU football legend with a dislocated and fractured left hip, he and his family heard the two words they didn't want to hear: Bo Jackson. There initially was thought that his hip injury was similar to the one that ended Jackson's NFL career in 1991.

"But as it turned out, it wasn't the same thing -- they told us Jalen got lucky," Rick Jackson, Watts-Jackson's father, told the Free Press. "Everything's looking good after the surgery, and this isn't gonna be a career-ending injury."

Doctors reset the hip Saturday night, moments after Watts-Jackson grabbed a fumble from U-M punter Blake O'Neill and raced 38 yards for a 27-23 MSU win at the buzzer. Surgery to repair the fracture took place Sunday. Watts-Jackson is due home today in East Lansing, on crutches.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-10-19, 12:19

Awesome, glad to hear it isn't career-ending.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-19, 15:43

I just read that JALEN WATTS-JACKSON is another 2 star recruit. I'm not sure if it matters or not, but just add that to the legacy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-10-19, 17:07

Sounds like he was a returner in the making. Kid showed great skills on that scoop and score.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-10-19, 20:52

Bump. People read this board
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-19, 21:14

Vlad wrote:BTW, JWJ wasn't the only significant injury on that last play.  A fellow co-worker and Spartan tore his achilles as he jumped out of his chair on the fumble!  Shocked

GUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! You serious?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-10-19, 21:18

LooseGoose wrote:First in depth JWJ story I've seen....

Dad: Watts-Jackson's injury not career-ending at MSU

The injury happened before Jalen Watts-Jackson hit the ground, when Michigan's Jake Butt yanked with all his might to keep Watts-Jackson from scoring the touchdown that stunned college football.

And shortly after Watts-Jackson arrived Saturday night at U-M Hospital as a sudden MSU football legend with a dislocated and fractured left hip, he and his family heard the two words they didn't want to hear: Bo Jackson. There initially was thought that his hip injury was similar to the one that ended Jackson's NFL career in 1991.

"But as it turned out, it wasn't the same thing -- they told us Jalen got lucky," Rick Jackson, Watts-Jackson's father, told the Free Press. "Everything's looking good after the surgery, and this isn't gonna be a career-ending injury."

Doctors reset the hip Saturday night, moments after Watts-Jackson grabbed a fumble from U-M punter Blake O'Neill and raced 38 yards for a 27-23 MSU win at the buzzer. Surgery to repair the fracture took place Sunday. Watts-Jackson is due home today in East Lansing, on crutches.

Fuck Butt.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-20, 12:01

"He'll have to be light on it for at least a couple of months," Jackson said of the injury. "They popped the bone back in on the field, and that was a good thing. He was in a lot of pain but on the way to the hospital the ambulance hit a bump and knocked it back in place and he wasn't in pain anymore. So when we got to him that night he was actually pretty comfortable."
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-21, 14:10

GreenandWhite.com ‏@LSJGreenWhite 12m12 minutes ago

MSU's Watts-Jackson thanks fans, U-M Hospital workers http://on.lsj.com/1LLT961

can we get Jalen Watts-Jackson to be 4th or honorary captain next week 635810323090559419-635810317249395545-jwj
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-21, 14:13

I love this man.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-10-21, 14:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I love this man.

Any chances of you leaving this one alone? I know its near impossible, but the kid did break his hip, and yes, people like him for that.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-21, 14:33

Spartan Football ‏@MSU_Football 2m2 minutes ago

Watts-Jackson: "For the game to come down in my hands and me to actually win the game is just...I can't even find the words to explain."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-21, 14:40

+1
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-21, 14:58

InTenSity wrote:

Any chances of you leaving this one alone? I know its near impossible, but the kid did break his hip, and yes, people like him for that.
people like him 'cause he broke his hip?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-21, 14:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

+1
thank you.

You're a great American and a damn fine Spartan.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-10-21, 15:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Do you have to be a sarcastic dick about this ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-21, 15:10

Lay off Bob. Your posts getting all pissy about him are worse than his posts in the first place.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-21, 15:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

To be a fair American and damn fine Spartan, this is how I read intensity's post too. can we get Jalen Watts-Jackson to be 4th or honorary captain next week 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-21, 15:12

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Lay off Bob. Your posts getting all pissy about him are worse than his posts in the first place.
thank you. It can be a strange place.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-21, 15:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

To be a fair American and damn fine Spartan, this is how I read intensity's post too. can we get Jalen Watts-Jackson to be 4th or honorary captain next week 502811600
can we get Jalen Watts-Jackson to be 4th or honorary captain next week 502811600

"he ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and, yes, people like him for that"...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-10-21, 15:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Lay off Bob. Your posts getting all pissy about him are worse than his posts in the first place.

Nothing more funny than a 20 year old breaking his hip.

How could you not see the humor in that ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-21, 15:38

duffy munn wrote:

Suspect
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-10-21, 15:50

duffy munn wrote:

My god. Shut up you sanctimonious douche bag.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2015-10-21, 16:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

can we get Jalen Watts-Jackson to be 4th or honorary captain next week 502811600

"he ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and, yes, people like him for that"...

exactly. dude's a dumbass.
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next