Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs.

+11
steveschneider
Cym Jim
The Pantry
GRR Spartan
tanfan!
GirbaudJeans
WhiteBoyHatcher
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
By-Tor
Other Teams Pursuing That
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. Empty So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs.

Post by tTy 2015-10-22, 00:11

I thought they were pretty fuckin jammin... I taught my roomie how to play bass... Prollem = we could never find a drummer that could keep a beat or a singer that could hold his weight against that chinese dick from Merican Idol. Anywho, I just ran across a 51 minute 2 track recording of me and my buddy jamming on bass and lead and I'd love to link it here to see what your take is on it. I just don't know how. anyone?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. Empty Re: So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs.

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-22, 02:33

"I gave my love a cherry, that had no stone. I gave my love a chicken that had no bone. I gave my love a story, that had no end."
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. Empty Re: So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs.

Post by Guest 2015-10-22, 09:08

tTy wrote:I thought they were pretty fuckin jammin... I taught my roomie how to play bass... Prollem = we could never find a drummer that could keep a beat or a singer that could hold his weight against that chinese dick from Merican Idol. Anywho, I just ran across a 51 minute 2 track recording of me and my buddy jamming on bass and lead and I'd love to link it here to see what your take is on it. I just don't know how. anyone?

Video a dance mix using this music. Upload to Youtube. Score millions of hits. Profit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-22, 11:27

SoundCloud
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2015-10-22, 12:52

who are some of your musical influences, Ty?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-22, 12:55

tTy wrote:I thought they were pretty fuckin jammin... I taught my roomie how to play bass... Prollem = we could never find a drummer that could keep a beat or a singer that could hold his weight against that chinese dick from Merican Idol.  Anywho, I just ran across a 51 minute 2 track recording of me and my buddy jamming on bass and lead and I'd love to link it here to see what your take is on it.  I just don't know how.  anyone?
I have a 5 piece Tama kit that I rock out on periodically... set of headphones, a pile of empty beer cans next to it. So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. 3493939353

I'm not volunteering to be your drummer, or anything - I just felt compelled tell you about my drum kit.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-22, 13:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tTy wrote:I thought they were pretty fuckin jammin... I taught my roomie how to play bass... Prollem = we could never find a drummer that could keep a beat or a singer that could hold his weight against that chinese dick from Merican Idol.  Anywho, I just ran across a 51 minute 2 track recording of me and my buddy jamming on bass and lead and I'd love to link it here to see what your take is on it.  I just don't know how.  anyone?
I have a 5 piece Tama kit that I rock out on periodically... set of headphones, a pile of empty beer cans next to it. So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. 3493939353

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. C18-hot-selling-newest-5pcs-Kids-Roll-font-b-Drum-b-font-Musical-Instruments-Band-Kit

I'm not volunteering to be your drummer, or anything - I just felt compelled tell you about my drum kit.

Impressive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-22, 13:15

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. C18-hot-selling-newest-5pcs-Kids-Roll-font-b-Drum-b-font-Musical-Instruments-Band-Kit

Impressive.
that one is actually much nicer than the one I have.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-10-22, 13:20

Sound cloud that shit. I'll put up one of my songs if you do.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-10-22, 14:08

I used to take piano lessons.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2015-10-22, 18:48

I was in a band. A boy band actually.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-10-23, 04:12

I used to masturbate just once in a while.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-23, 07:48

By-Tor wrote:who are some of your musical influences, Ty?
this is a good question...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-23, 11:07

Oh, the wind blew fair,
in the midnight air,
when the wind blew up
her nightie.

Her tits hung loose,
like the balls on a moose,
and they looked so big
and mighty.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-10-23, 11:13

tGreenWay wrote:Oh, the wind blew fair,
in the midnight air,
when the wind blew up
her nightie.

Her tits hung loose,
and they looked so big
and mighty.

That's a goddamned Grammy waiting to happen.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-10-23, 11:17

Tanfan! wrote:I used to masturbate just once in a while.

Used to?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-10-23, 11:24

GRR Spartan wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:I used to masturbate just once in a while.

Used to?

now is more often than not
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-10-23, 11:48

Ty, play the wreck of edmund fitzgerald or whatever and post that shit.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-23, 12:17

cover Isbell and post it. That would be sweet.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-23, 13:42

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Oh, the wind blew fair,
in the midnight air,
when the wind blew up
her nightie.

Her tits hung loose,
and they looked so big
and mighty.

And I have strep throat now so I'd probably have a Tom Waits-style sound. I'm clearing space on my mantle right now for that piece of hardware.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-10-23, 14:43

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

And I have strep throat now so I'd probably have a Tom Waits-style sound. I'm clearing space on my mantle right now for that piece of hardware.
damn you - now you have me singing "Long Way Home" in my office..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-10-23, 20:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

damn you - now you have me singing "Long Way Home" in my office..

I was going to spend all weekend listening to new sounds, but now I'm in the mood for a Tom Waits weekend, minus all the cigarette smoke. That shit would infect my sinuses worse than usual. Poor, poor me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-23, 21:43

I will upload it to youtube once I can figure out how to mix it right. Right now it is way too heavy on one track (guitar) and not loud enough on the other (bass).
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-23, 21:50

Influences back then =

Nirvana
Flaming Lips
Monster Magnet
Mud Honey
Buffalo Tom
Smashing Punkins
Metallica

Prolly a hundred more I can't remember now.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-10-23, 23:03

What is your guitar/pedal/amp setup?
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-23, 23:14

pulling69 wrote:What is your guitar/pedal/amp setup?

lol, I haven't even picked that shit up in ~20 years.  I have a Fender Strat, can't remember the name of the amp, and I had some shit pedals, distortion, flanger and a wah-wah, I think.  Also have a hollow body stereo gibson somthin or other that I paid $1400 bucks for at a pawn shop on spring break back in like '91 down in the Myrtle Beach area..... Can't hardly remember it because I was even drunker back then than I am now.  No idea if it was worth the money or not, but I had to have it.  lol
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-10-23, 23:30

tTy wrote:
pulling69 wrote:What is your guitar/pedal/amp setup?

lol, I haven't even picked that shit up in ~20 years.  I have a Fender Strat, can't remember the name of the amp, and I had some shit pedals, distortion, flanger and a wah-wah, I think.  Also have a hollow body stereo gibson somthin or other that I paid $1400 bucks for at a pawn shop on spring break back in like '91 down in the Myrtle Beach area..... Can't hardly remember it because I was even drunker back then than I am now.  No idea if it was worth the money or not, but I had to have it.  lol

Get out that Gibson and PM me the serial number and I can tell you.

PS and the Strat too, hell the amp could be some $$ if it is an old tube amp.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-23, 23:32

hold pls
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-23, 23:33

listening to this shit again... holy fuck did I like the distortion back then.. lmfao...
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-23, 23:39

The case is locked and the key has long since been lost.  Break it open????
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-23, 23:50

re-listening to this again, it is clear that I am trying to make up for lack of percussion and ability to keep a beat, so the lead is kinda weird/original in that way. Pretty interesting. No where near refined.... But, shit, I could wail back then when I wanted to. lmao. I'm not saying I was awesome, but I could certainly strum the fuck out of a lot of strings at the same time and make it sound really, really, really..... loud or something... lmmmmffaaaoo
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-24, 00:13

GODDAMMIT P69, WHERE DID YOU GO?!!!? I want to break this motherfucker open right now, but it is the original case and if it's like = worth a zilly, I don't want to fuck up the original shit on it.

I better put my screwdrivers away before I just fucking go all Boo Boo Thompson on this motherfucker and wreck it.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-24, 00:18

Oh shit! I forgot about this one... I tripped out later that night, grabbed my roomies bass after he crashed and rocked out with the flanger... and of course.... DISTORTION!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL YES!!! So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. 3493939353 So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. 3493939353 So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. 3493939353 So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. 3493939353 So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. 3493939353 So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. 3493939353 So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. 3493939353
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-24, 00:59

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-10-24, 01:07

The Pantry wrote:

That is pretty cool P.... The one thing I could never do was play and talk/sing at the same time. My brain can't do it. I never really practiced it much, mostly because I thought it was pointless. It is super weird. I'm always impressed with people who can keep a rhythm, and sing melody at the same time. I can't do it. Maybe I should have tried harder, but, that said, my voice sucks balls anyway. I'm all nasally and shit.... although, one of my favs is Wayne Coyne and that motherfucker has the shittiest voice out there. Maybe I should have practiced more.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-24, 01:28

tTy wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

That is pretty cool P.... The one thing I could never do was play and talk/sing at the same time. My brain can't do it. I never really practiced it much, mostly because I thought it was pointless. It is super weird. I'm always impressed with people who can keep a rhythm, and sing melody at the same time. I can't do it. Maybe I should have tried harder, but, that said, my voice sucks balls anyway. I'm all nasally and shit.... although, one of my favs is Wayne Coyne and that motherfucker has the shittiest voice out there. Maybe I should have practiced more.
That vid is J_LaP from the old board. We bumped heads over a couple things but I gained appreciation after seeing it.

I can't sing or play shit beyond a computer keyboard So, I used to play guitar when I was at State, and made up some songs. 1567726941
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-10-24, 01:33

tTy wrote:re-listening to this again, it is clear that I am trying to make up for lack of percussion and ability to keep a beat, so the lead is kinda weird/original in that way.  Pretty interesting.  No where near refined.... But, shit, I could wail back then when I wanted to.  lmao.  I'm not saying I was awesome, but I could certainly strum the fuck out of a lot of strings at the same time and make it sound really, really, really..... loud or something... lmmmmffaaaoo
tTy wrote:GODDAMMIT P69, WHERE DID YOU GO?!!!?  I want to break this motherfucker open right now, but it is the original case and if it's like = worth a zilly, I don't want to fuck up the original shit on it.

I better put my screwdrivers away before I just fucking go all Boo Boo Thompson on this motherfucker and wreck it.

An original case is worth some coin but not nearly as much as the guitar...Do you know if it was a Les Paul, an SG, a 335? Easier to find a replacement lock or case than a guitar.

PS Or you could take it to a good shop like Elderly and they probably have the key.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-10-24, 01:51

The Pantry wrote:That vid is J_LaP from the old board. We bumped heads over a couple things but I gained appreciation after seeing it.

What happened to his face? Poor guy. Car accident?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-10-24, 02:54

Cym Jim wrote:
The Pantry wrote:That vid is J_LaP from the old board. We bumped heads over a couple things but I gained appreciation after seeing it.

What happened to his face? Poor guy. Car accident?
Appears to have more talent and teeth than you, limey
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-10-24, 07:41

Re the Gibson case it doesn't take that long to roll through every combination to open it.

Start at 000 and try every combination possible counting up. It sucks but you will find it soon. If you have a rough idea of what it was you can save time by starting in that area of possible combinations.

I
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next