Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuck, when did an MSU loss hurt this much?

+9
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Code_Warrior
Watch Out Pylon!
Vlad
WhiteBoyHatcher
duffy munn
SeeRockCity
DWags
13 posters

Go down

Fuck, when did an MSU loss hurt this much?   Empty Fuck, when did an MSU loss hurt this much?

Post by DWags 2015-11-08, 00:21

Last year Oregon or OSU? Not me, two good teams and pretty damn good games.

ND in 13? Meh, I was pissed but didn't think we were that great.

2012 season? Nah, whole season showed us we weren't ready for prime time.

2011 Iowa? Maybe.

Anybody?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Fuck, when did an MSU loss hurt this much?   Empty Re: Fuck, when did an MSU loss hurt this much?

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-11-08, 00:23

B1GCG vs. Wisconsin
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fuck, when did an MSU loss hurt this much?   Empty Re: Fuck, when did an MSU loss hurt this much?

Post by duffy munn 2015-11-08, 00:25

SeeRockCity wrote:B1GCG vs. Wisconsin

Yes. But damn did this one hurt.

Fuck
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-08, 00:27

Good call.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-08, 00:29

Come on guys. Did you really think we were that good? 

Last year's loss vs. OSU was far more impactful. We not only had the world in front of us, but our toughest game left was at home, against a team with a backup QB. 

Whatevs. 

I'm drunk.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-08, 00:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Come on guys. Did you really think we were that good? 

Last year's loss vs. OSU was far more impactful. We not only had the world in front of us, but our toughest game left was at home, against a team with a backup QB. 

Whatevs. 

I'm drunk.

I thought we had a punchers chance this year in Columbus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-11-08, 00:33

Whatevs. 

I'm drunk.

It's the way we lost more than anything. Fuck
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2015-11-08, 00:33

Yep. By far!
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-08, 00:34

duffy munn wrote:

Whatevs. 

I'm drunk.

It's the way we lost more than anything. Fuck

Yep.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-11-08, 00:36

I'm not even really that mad. The secondary is a joke. We've been just getting by for so long a game like this was bound to happen. Fuck it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-08, 00:38

I'm not hurt by this loss. Disappointed, yes, but not hurt. For me, this was the measuring stick game where we got a chance to see the starting OL dominate the run game. That didn't happen. Now I understand that this team isn't playoff caliber. I was concerned that we might not be playoff caliber, but as long as the OL injuries were present, there was a plausible explanation for the lack of a run game. This game took that plausible explanation away and leaves us with the reality that the running game is what it is, and that's not playoff caliber. Since that was always a possible explanation, I guess that it doesn't hurt as much as it disappoints.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-08, 00:39

Wisky December 2013 and for me ND 2013 comes close.

This bothers me because it was a case of leading by 12 and after the first TD all they needed was one fucking first down to ice the game and they couldn't do it. Then all they needed to do after failing to get the 1st down was keep them out of the end zone and they failed to do that.

Wisky was because you could damned near smell the roses after a nip and tuck game. This one gets me identifying how Baylor fans felt last New Years.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-11-08, 00:54

Code_Warrior wrote:I'm not hurt by this loss. Disappointed, yes, but not hurt. For me, this was the measuring stick game where we got a chance to see the starting OL dominate the run game. That didn't happen. Now I understand that this team isn't playoff caliber. I was concerned that we might not be playoff caliber, but as long as the OL injuries were present, there was a plausible explanation for the lack of a run game. This game took that plausible explanation away and leaves us with the reality that the running game is what it is, and that's not playoff caliber. Since that was always a possible explanation, I guess that it doesn't hurt as much as it disappoints.

perfectly stated
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-08, 00:56

Face it, Narduzzi is also a huge loss.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-11-08, 00:59

DWags wrote:Face it, Narduzzi is also a huge loss.

starting to wonder myself.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-08, 01:03

Whatevs. 

I'm drunk.

That good? No. But we've been good enough to overcome a ridiculous amount of injuries and poor play. The same should've been true tonight, too, except for a terrible non-call. It was obvious to everybody watching, except the officials, that the receiver stepped out of bounds of his own accord.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-08, 01:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm not even really that mad. The secondary is a joke. We've been just getting by for so long a game like this was bound to happen. Fuck it.

Right. I'm not mad at anything except the effing non-call. With the secondary play, this team was going to self-destruct in a game sometime sooner than later, but to have it be by the officials is what raises up the hair on my ass.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-08, 01:08

DWags wrote:Face it, Narduzzi is also a huge loss.

Based on how Pitt is playing it was his time to be an HC.

This is a transition year for the Co-DC's. I never coached football or played at the college level but I have been told by folks I know who played D1 football that assistants are often the good cops. The guys who talk to the players after they get their asses chewed by the coordinators or let them know the ass chewing is coming.

Barnett and Tressel are learning to be the bad cop. Narduzzi coming out of the both motivated the team because they didn't want to face him if they let him and the team down. We will learn a lot about both these guys, especially Assoc. HC /Co-DC Barnett in the next two weeks. Tonight neither could light a fire to squeeze 3 good defensive plays in a row at crunch time.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-11-08, 10:09

Code_Warrior wrote:I'm not hurt by this loss. Disappointed, yes, but not hurt. For me, this was the measuring stick game where we got a chance to see the starting OL dominate the run game. That didn't happen. Now I understand that this team isn't playoff caliber. I was concerned that we might not be playoff caliber, but as long as the OL injuries were present, there was a plausible explanation for the lack of a run game. This game took that plausible explanation away and leaves us with the reality that the running game is what it is, and that's not playoff caliber. Since that was always a possible explanation, I guess that it doesn't hurt as much as it disappoints.

This. Staten flat out sucks. 7 years and we still don't have a good line. After bragging in the off season how great we are dude is a joke. Easily our worst assistant and the thing that sucks is that we could easily have bama line coach
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-11-08, 10:11

duffy munn wrote:

Fuck

Says the guy who rather go golfing then watch our team play oregon...

As someone who was actually at this one it didn't hurt a bit. We just don't have that edge this year and it finally cost us. Granted we don't have the talent either so there's that too
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-11-08, 10:25

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Fuck

As someone who was actually at this one it didn't hurt a bit. We just don't have that edge this year and it finally cost us. Granted we don't have the talent either so there's that too

How was the experience?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2015-11-08, 10:26

Blanch32 wrote:

This. Staten flat out sucks. 7 years and we still don't have a good line. After bragging in the off season how great we are dude is a joke. Easily our worst assistant and the thing that sucks is that we could easily have bama line coach

Is Staten worse than the black dude with the glasses ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-08, 10:28

Blanch32 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Fuck

Rolling Eyes scratch Fuck, when did an MSU loss hurt this much?   294152859
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-08, 10:31

Blanch32 wrote:

Rolling Eyes
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-08, 12:02

This sucks.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-11-08, 12:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:This sucks.

and I threw my phone after the "video review". I have to stop getting so invested in this shit. I'm going outside.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-11-08, 17:26

CheesySpartan wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

How was the experience?

Gooooo....biiiiiiig....reeeeeed

To the tune of "hey you guys" from the goonies
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-11-08, 17:26

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Is Staten worse than the black dude with the glasses ?

No queation
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down