Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to own part of a pro team?

+2
CheesySpartan
NigelUno
6 posters

Go down

Want to own part of a pro team? Empty Want to own part of a pro team?

Post by NigelUno Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:46 pm

No jokes about the Braves not being a pro team...although may be applicable.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/baseball/liberty-media-plans-new-braves-stock/npLtK/

"Liberty said its current shareholders will get corresponding shares in the new Braves stock. In addition, the company plans to raise $200 million from a rights offering of additional Braves stock. That money will be used in part to repay approximately $165 million borrowed by the Braves from Liberty Media for the stadium project."

I bet a lot more teams start doing this to raise revenue (or pay off bonds).

Interesting that they won't be paying back money to the County for helping to build the stadium though. Seems like property owners in Cobb County would have a decent gripe to get shares in the team.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Want to own part of a pro team? Empty Re: Want to own part of a pro team?

Post by CheesySpartan Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:33 pm

My family owns a share of Packers stock not really worth anything except the piece of paper says you are a share holder for the Packers and you get to go to a meeting every year but it's still kind of cool. Best franchise in sports #GoPackGo
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:16 pm

What would 500 million get me ? I have an old Lexus, a chef and an ugly dog already so I'm set. Looking for investment. Thanks
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:56 am

CheesySpartan wrote:My family owns a share of Packers stock not really worth anything except the piece of paper says you are a share holder for the Packers and you get to go to a meeting every year but it's still kind of cool. Best franchise in sports #GoPackGo

For not being worth anything, it's still one of the most sought after stocks. People have waited decades for the chance to buy stock in the GBP.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:29 am

DroppedByADime wrote:What would 500 million get me ? I have an old Lexus, a chef and an ugly dog already so I'm set. Looking for investment. Thanks

Cancel the stock offering.

$500 million would get you a slightly larger share of ownership in a company not really interested in winning. Adios Andrelton Simmons.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:34 am

tGreenWay wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:My family owns a share of Packers stock not really worth anything except the piece of paper says you are a share holder for the Packers and you get to go to a meeting every year but it's still kind of cool. Best franchise in sports #GoPackGo

For not being worth anything, it's still one of the most sought after stocks. People have waited decades for the chance to buy stock in the GBP.

I wonder if they serve cabbage at the yearly meeting.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:10 am

NigelUno wrote:
DroppedByADime wrote:What would 500 million get me ? I have an old Lexus, a chef and an ugly dog already so I'm set. Looking for investment. Thanks

Cancel the stock offering.

$500 million would get you a slightly larger share of ownership in a company not really interested in winning. Adios Andrelton Simmons.

I miss the days when I had to wait until September for this team to break my heart. Seriously, Braves have entered Marlins territory. Don't even watch any more.

SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down