Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prof Pilgrim at Ferris is great - Now a Salon article.

3 posters

Go down

Prof Pilgrim at Ferris is great - Now a Salon article. Empty Prof Pilgrim at Ferris is great - Now a Salon article.

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-19, 15:14

David Pilgrim is a professor at Ferris that runs the Museum of Racist Memorabilia, which I have admired for a long time. The transformative power of seeing that much hateful media in one place is hard to deny. Anyway, he has a book now and a feature article on Salon!

I'm sure you guys will all support his work in a very measured, non ideological way.

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/19/president_obama_has_been_a_cottage_industry_for_racist_imagery_and_racist_memorabilia_why_understanding_jim_crow_is_as_relevant_today_than_ever/
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Prof Pilgrim at Ferris is great - Now a Salon article. Empty Re: Prof Pilgrim at Ferris is great - Now a Salon article.

Post by Guest 2015-11-19, 17:09

That was the greatest article ever about the greatest guy ever with the greatest collection ever, thank you so much for linking it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Prof Pilgrim at Ferris is great - Now a Salon article. Empty Re: Prof Pilgrim at Ferris is great - Now a Salon article.

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-19, 18:49

You're welcome.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-11-19, 18:50

This reminds me, did I miss Monday's poetry jam thread?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-11-19, 19:50

The prof is correct. The Jim Crow messages stick around.
The only things that change are the images
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-19, 21:59

Triple Sparty wrote:This reminds me, did I miss Monday's poetry jam thread?

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down