Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was this chick trying to sneak an auto-gratuity on us?

+12
Jake from State Farm
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
I.B. Fine
duffy munn
Triple Sparty
Giant Moose
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
pulling69
WhiteBoyHatcher
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Was this chick trying to sneak an auto-gratuity on us? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was this chick trying to sneak an auto-gratuity on us?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-28, 00:32

I'm glad I sparked conversation you guys. The Swill is all about conversation. And hating Liberals.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Was this chick trying to sneak an auto-gratuity on us? - Page 2 Empty Re: Was this chick trying to sneak an auto-gratuity on us?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-28, 00:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm glad I sparked conversation you guys. The Swill is all about conversation. And hating Liberals.

Do you think the server was a liberal? Probably a liberal.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-28, 00:41

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:TL:DR take II. They charged us an extra $28 for something that was not itemized and couldn't explain it. Denied auto-grat and I don't think it was because it was not a round number %. I'm long winded.

Pay the extra ten bucks each move on and never go back.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-12-28, 06:20

Giant Moose wrote:
Triple Sparty wrote:My guess is auto-grat. Or the food you decided you didn't want. Either way, sounds like Mickey D's with romper room is a better bet next time.
Nah, Chuck E. Disease. It at least has games.

fify
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-28, 07:36

My question for WBH:

As you drove home did you think what $200 would have bought you to BBQ for this group?

Did you compare that luxurious meal to the shit at D & B's? Did you question your decision making?

PS - IF she was that confused the server was obviously a librool.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-28, 07:49

InTenSity wrote:why are your stories so long?

Shits brought out by a runner, if the server did it right everything is numbered. You might be 1 or 5. The food Sat under a heater. I didn't read much else.
Every server knows how to figure out their tip.

I bet dwags and dime and the other aapr posters love this tale
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-12-28, 07:59

Blanch32 wrote:
InTenSity wrote:why are your stories so long?

Shits brought out by a runner, if the server did it right everything is numbered. You might be 1 or 5. The food Sat under a heater. I didn't read much else.
Every server knows how to figure out their tip.

I bet dwags and dime and the other  aapr posters love this tale

Judging by your video you look older than me. Just sayin'.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-28, 08:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

I bet dwags and dime and the other  aapr posters love this tale

Judging by your video you look older than me. Just sayin'.

I d be shocked if I lookEd wonderful after a full day drinking binge, fwiw
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2015-12-28, 17:58

Yeah, for two hunny you could've had a case or two of quality beer and decent dogs and chips for everyone. Plus some pie for dessert.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-28, 18:02

I'm going to try to channel one of my make believe message board characters and post another long story tonight. I'll need some bourbon for inspiration and I'm fresh out.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-12-28, 18:14

Giant Moose wrote:
Triple Sparty wrote:My guess is auto-grat. Or the food you decided you didn't want. Either way, sounds like Mickey D's with romper room is a better bet next time.
Nah, Chuck E. Cheese. It at least has games.

You can only have 2 beers per hour at Chuck E. Cheese's, and you can't exceed 2 beers for 4 hours. Weird rule, I know.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-28, 18:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm going to try to channel one of my make believe message board characters and post another long story tonight. I'll need some bourbon for inspiration and I'm fresh out.

You were facing down the threat of mega ice storm last night and you didn't go to the store to make sure you had enough alcohol to survive the event? Shame on you.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-28, 18:25

I have vodka, beer and rum. But only the bourbon lets me getting into character as one of my fake internet personalities. The bourbon lets the creativity flow.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-28, 18:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have vodka, beer and rum. But only the bourbon lets me getting into character as one of my fake internet personalities. The bourbon lets the creativity flow.

Don't know if you were part of it, but I think that was a shot I did about ten years ago on the old board. I did a shot of some shit every 15 minutes that posters would make up. People were making up bullshit shots I never heard of. It was funny reading the thread the next day
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-28, 18:34

I don't recall that one, Wags. Apologies, as the Board Historian it should be my job to remain on top of such manners.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-28, 18:35

What an extreme cluster fuck, I can't make heads or tails out of that situation. I'm going to guess she legitimately forgot to put something down on the bill and just threw the charge on after the fact.

We had a similar situation this summer the server had to close us out because her shift was changing but we were staying. I noticed a good amount of our charges weren't on her bill and the second server didn't have them on her final bill. I pointed it out to her, I'm happy to pay for what I have. She came back and just said fuck it I'm too lazy to do the math that stuff was on the house. We left her a huge tip for the free shit basically making it a deal for us and a bigger payout for her.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-28, 18:35

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I have vodka, beer and rum. But only the bourbon lets me getting into character as one of my fake internet personalities. The bourbon lets the creativity flow.

Don't know if you were part of it, but I think that was a shot I did about ten years ago on the old board. I did a shot of some shit every 15 minutes that posters would make up. People were making up bullshit shots I never heard of. It was funny reading the thread the next day

Oh we should do that around here sometime.

Not today. But sometime.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-28, 18:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

Not today. But sometime.

A friend and I used to do a variation of this at a little dive bar we frequented. They had a recipe box on the back bar, the game was to blindly pull a recipe then have the bartender make one for each of us. Damn good way to get a vicious buzz on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-12-28, 18:45

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It would seem so but this still makes little sense to me. Anyone work as a server in the past that can shed some light on the shady shit they may have been trying to pull here?

Went to eat at a natty chain (Dave & Busters). 3 families. 5 adults, 6 kids. Told them they could keep everything on one bill and we'd have them split it evenly later. Food took fucking forever to come out, and when it came out, only have of it arrived correctly. The people who brought it out (not our server - btw - why the fuck do restaurants send people out to deliver food who have no idea who ordered what? Such a dumb practice) were utterly confused and delivered the 3-4 dishes that were sorta mostly correct and took the others back that weren't close. They never came back.

5-10 minutes later our server comes by to check on us and I tell her half the stuff they brought out was wrong and that we haven't heard from anybody since. She says she will go check. She comes back out two minutes later to find out exactly who is missing what. We probably cancel 2-3 orders at this point (kids not hungry after eating off of other plates, etc). Food finally comes out.

She brings the bill, and we tell her to split it 3 ways. I checked to see if they had applied an auto-grat and they hadn't. I was just curious. I wasn't necessarily going to dock her at this point as I figured there was a decent chance it was the kitchen's fault and she shouldn't have to pay for their mistakes. She's gone a long time again. She comes back apologetically and says that she screwed up and tried to split it 3 ways but when she did and ran the cards she "somehow realized" that the amount came up ~ $28 short. So she then split the $28 up 3 ways and ran a 2nd transaction on each of our cards.

Now we're confused as fuck. We look at the "original" bill, and it was straightforward. Our food + taxes = $156.30. Split 3 ways, we had 3 receipts for $52.10 each. No auto grat. So I'm thinking ok, she did an auto-grat and split it up 3 ways for the $28. But when I do the math on my phone, the ~ $28 came out to 17.9523442323%. I'm thinking that doesn't make any sense. If she was going to do an auto-grat it would be exactly 15% or 20%. Or perhaps even 17.5%. So we just say screw it, we'll sign these and not tip above and beyond. Got up to leave.

I saw her on the way out so I pulled her aside and asked nicely if she had applied an auto gratuity and if that's what the extra $28 was. I can tell in her eyes she has no idea what in the fuck I'm talking about. She asks me to take her to the table and show her, so I do. She is lost in the fucking ocean at this point. She surmises that the extra $28 was probably the charge for the food we asked to be taken off/not served after the original fuck up. Which makes no sense of course because why would they ask us to pay for food we were never served? I tell her well whatever, we signed these but didn't tip at all so figure it out. She says no problem.

WTF just happened? She was definitely too stupid to try to sneak in an 18% tip on us after surmising we would stiff her due to poor service. She lacked the brainpower to pull off a scheme of that magnitude. And would the restaurant even give her that $28 if it wasn't rung in as an automatic gratuity?

TL;DR for Nordic and anyone else - don't take your kids to eat at Dave & Busters. Don't take them there to play games either because I am guessing everyone in my house will have the flu within 24 hours.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-28, 19:09

LooseGoose wrote:

Not today. But sometime.

A friend and I used to do a variation of this at a little dive bar we frequented. They had a recipe box on the back bar, the game was to blindly pull a recipe then have the bartender make one for each of us. Damn good way to puke your guts out before spending the next 12 hours with a bangin' hangover.

Fify.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-28, 19:15

Hey wbh. Use this and tell us a ghost story.
Was this chick trying to sneak an auto-gratuity on us? - Page 2 JTriOwS
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-28, 19:28

InTenSity wrote:Hey wbh. Use this and tell us a ghost story.
Was this chick trying to sneak an auto-gratuity on us? - Page 2 JTriOwS

There's no chance that gHost would've let that happen.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-28, 21:08

LooseGoose wrote:

Not today. But sometime.

A friend and I used to do a variation of this at a little dive bar we frequented. They had a recipe box on the back bar, the game was to blindly pull a recipe then have the bartender make one for each of us. Damn good way to get a vicious buzz on.

My wife came down at one point and was disgusted. She took the cat upstairs as I recall because she thought I'd kill it. Some guys were making up just bullshit shots but others were saying they had heard of them and I have to do what was voted on. I think it was like 20 minutes in between after the second hour. I don't think I made four hours.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-28, 21:12

Death Roe wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:
Nah, Chuck E. Cheese. It at least has games.

You can only have 2 beers per hour at Chuck E. Cheese's, and you can't exceed 2 beers for 4 hours. Weird rule, I know.

This explains a lot. Only you would treat CEC like omars...
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-28, 21:15

We had my son's 3rd b-day at Chuck E Cheese at his insistence. Let's just say it's a notch below D&B on the Wal Mart scale.

D&B is like the Macaroni Grill to C-E-C's Applebees.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-12-28, 21:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:We had my son's 3rd b-day at Chuck E Cheese at his insistence. Let's just say it's a notch below D&B on the Wal Mart scale.

D&B is like the Macaroni Grill to C-E-C's Applebees.

Isn't D&B for adults? Granted I'm only there at night for a first date or so....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-28, 21:30

I guess. Plenty of kids running around, too, though.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-28, 21:39

I remember those chuck e cheese parties. Insanity.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2