Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chip Kelly he gone

+5
StylesGShmooth
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
DWags
9 posters

Go down

Chip Kelly he gone Empty Chip Kelly he gone

Post by DWags 2015-12-29, 19:31

Which job is he taking?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Chip Kelly he gone Empty Re: Chip Kelly he gone

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-29, 19:35

Izzo to the Eagles?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-29, 19:40

Would lions fans take him? Two 10-6 years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-29, 19:43

Lions have a coach. Caldwell should be back. They might go 6-2 on the back end. Pretty amazing after starting 1-7.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-29, 19:46

Going to coach Mariotta in Tennessee seems to make a lot of sense
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-29, 19:47

Too bad the rest of the league didn't realize it's offense had to be revolutionizd
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2015-12-29, 20:42

Chip Kelly the GM got Chip Kelly the Coach fired
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-29, 21:36

Timing of it looks like an up yours move by ownership.

Fire Kelly after every major college job was filled.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-29, 22:31

GRR Spartan wrote:Timing of it looks like an up yours move by ownership.

Fire Kelly after every major college job was filled.
Isn't Maryland still looking?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-12-29, 23:31

Maryland hired umaa DC Durkin as their new HC and Durkin hired former umaa coach and recently fired former Syracuse HC Scot Shafer to be his DC at Maryland.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-29, 23:34

I wonder if lsu loses to Texas tech the same day that chip Kelly gets fired and all the other big schools with openings are already spoken for...
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-29, 23:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wonder if lsu loses to Texas tech the same day that chip Kelly gets fired and all the other big schools with openings are already spoken for...

USC should just boot the guy they just hired--hell, pay him everything in his contract just to go away--and grab Kelly. Most of his contacts are West Coast based.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-29, 23:41

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I wonder if lsu loses to Texas tech the same day that chip Kelly gets fired and all the other big schools with openings are already spoken for...

USC should just boot the guy they just hired--hell, pay him everything in his contract just to go away--and grab Kelly. Most of his contacts are West Coast based.

Note to self: never do business with tGreenway.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-29, 23:41

tGreenWay wrote:

They should do that. I have no idea what the hell they were thinking with the quick hire like that. Other than maybe they were high or something because they live in California and everyone there is always high. I guess.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-29, 23:47

As a guy who doesn't pay much attention to the NFL anymore but kept Demarco Murray in my expensive auction league.....good. Fuck Chip Kelly. Fucker deserves to be fired. (I also owned Shady last year)
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-30, 00:12

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:As a guy who doesn't pay much attention to the NFL anymore but kept Demarco Murray in my expensive auction league.....good. Fuck Chip Kelly. Fucker deserves to be fired. (I also owned Shady last year)

I'm sorry, are you talking fantasy football in a thread about actual football? GTFO of here with that dweeby shit. Go to TOB: They enjoy mucking up real discussions with stoopid shit fantasy football talk.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-30, 00:16

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Note to self: never do business with tGreenway.

When the Tigers fired Les Moss to get Sparky Anderson--I took notes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-30, 00:22

Met a guy at Joe kools in Troy aand his wife Sunday night after he played old man hockey. He's a HS friend of my wife and actually vp status at ford now. One of the most conservative "dignified" (I guess is the term) relaxed guys I know. But he got a bit miffed untill the waitress would put the Sunday night game on tv. Was in a third place game and had Peterson evidently. Some of those guys take that shit seriously.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-12-30, 00:24

DWags wrote:Met a guy at Joe kools in Troy aand his wife Sunday night after he played old man hockey. He's a HS friend of my wife and actually vp status at ford now. One of the most conservative "dignified" (I guess is the term) relaxed guys I know. But he got a bit miffed untill the waitress would put the Sunday night game on tv. Was in a third place game and had Peterson evidently. Some of those guys take that shit seriously.

Wut
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-30, 00:27

Ass Dan wrote:
DWags wrote:Met a guy at Joe kools in Troy aand his wife Sunday night after he played old man hockey. He's a HS friend of my wife and actually vp status at ford now. One of the most conservative "dignified" (I guess is the term) relaxed guys I know. But he got a bit miffed untill the waitress would put the Sunday night game on tv. Was in a third place game and had Peterson evidently. Some of those guys take that shit seriously.

Wut

Yeah. He was agitated and needed Peterson to score him some points.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-30, 00:34

DWags wrote:
Ass Dan wrote:

Wut

Yeah. He was agitated and needed Peterson to score him some points.

Yeah.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-30, 00:58

First of all, fuck you for being at Joe Kool's and not telling me. Second of all, you guys don't get it. This is a creative way of gambling. I love the squares that act like fantasy football is geeky. You know what's geeky? Cheering for a professional football team made up of mercenaries that could give two shits about the uniform they wear or the city they play in. You know what's fun? Winning $4,000 because a guy you drafted scores more TDs than another guy. If people play fantasy for free, I agree, but otherwise....step off. And I totally understand that no one, regardless of stakes, gives a shit about your fantasy team. Sometimes it's just fun to throw in some digs, though.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-30, 01:07

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

First of all, fuck you for being at Joe Kool's and not telling me. Second of all, you guys don't get it. This is a creative way of gambling. I love the squares that act like fantasy football is geeky. You know what's geeky? Cheering for a professional football team made up of mercenaries that could give two shits about the uniform they wear or the city they play in. You know what's fun? Winning $4,000 because a guy you drafted scores more TDs than another guy. If people play fantasy for free, I agree, but otherwise....step off. And I totally understand that no one, regardless of stakes, gives a shit about your fantasy team. Sometimes it's just fun to throw in some digs, though.

I didn't mean to imply it's geeky. I meant that some people are pretty damn passionate about it. My impression was that this guy really wanted to have some trash talking clout with people he worked with. I'll give you a heads up next time I'm there. usually Sunday night. My brother lives just a mile and a half down the road from there too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-30, 01:10

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I didn't mean to imply it's geeky. I meant that some people are pretty damn passionate about it. My impression was that this guy really wanted to have some trash talking clout with people he worked with. I'll give you a heads up next time I'm there. usually Sunday night. My brother lives just a mile and a half down the road from there too.
It's sort of geeky though.

It's fine. I guess. I just wish it was more like magic the gathering. Which is also fine. But it isn't shoved in my face. Fantasy sports is shoved in my face. That makes it worse than magic the gathering.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-01-14, 14:01

49er's new HC.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-14, 14:16

InTenSity wrote:49er's new HC.

Good thing for him is the 49er's already dismantled their team.

Kelly is an interesting character. New Hampshire native who spent his whole life on the east coast playing then coaching small college football until 2007 went he went to Oregon to be their OC. Now after 3 seasons and getting fired in Philly he goes back to the Left Coast.

San Francisco is probably a better fit for him than Philadelphia. The fans and media don't think they live and die with the NFL the way they do in Philly.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down