Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Former MSU football player the new WBC Heavyweight Champion of the World

5 posters

Go down

Former MSU football player the new WBC Heavyweight Champion of the World Empty Former MSU football player the new WBC Heavyweight Champion of the World

Post by pulling69 2014-05-10, 21:57

And it isn't Seth "Mayhem" Mitchell. Congrats to Bermane Stivern, just knocked out Chris Arreola on ESPN.

"The funny thing is that the Haitian-born Canadian almost didn’t end up in boxing. In 1997 the teenager first emerged on the radar not because of his fighting prowess, but because of his skills on the football field. After an outstanding high school career, and an older brother who played for the Miami Hurricanes, Bermane was given a scholarship to play for the Michigan State Spartans (the same college team that fellow heavyweight Seth Mitchell would play for several years later). Although Stiverne showed talent, his collegiate career never took off, and he dropped out after a year."

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/stivernes-power-on-display-against-arreola-188571
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Former MSU football player the new WBC Heavyweight Champion of the World Empty Re: Former MSU football player the new WBC Heavyweight Champion of the World

Post by SawGreen 2014-05-10, 22:39

Interesting.  I've always taken a softer approach with Areola.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Former MSU football player the new WBC Heavyweight Champion of the World Empty Re: Former MSU football player the new WBC Heavyweight Champion of the World

Post by A. Allen 2014-05-11, 04:23

I watched the fight earlier tonight. I'm convinced the poor dude is going to get murdered by Klitschko when the unification fight comes around.

Regardless, I'm happy for the guy. Arreola was winning the fight until Stivern started tossing haymakers. Really gutsy performance.
A. Allen
A. Allen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-05-11, 09:12

It looked like the fight was rigged.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-05-11, 10:53

Surprised I don't remember that name one bit since I was balls deep into crootin back then
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down