Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want a new drone

+6
Rocinante
Gomer
NigelUno
kingstonlake
tanfan!
WhiteBoyHatcher
10 posters

Go down

I want a new drone Empty I want a new drone

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher January 1st 2016, 11:59 pm

I got a cheap-o one for Christmas from my BIL/SIL and it's fun as fuck. I have sought long and hard for a reason to buy a nice one over the years but couldn't come up with one. I have one now - they're fun as fuck.

I want it to be easy to fly and I want the battery to last more than 5-7 minutes. Also thinking I don't really want to spend more than like $500 or so. Any recs? I probably won't use it very much to film stuff because I don't really do anything very exciting but flying them is fun.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I want a new drone Empty Re: I want a new drone

Post by The Pantry January 2nd 2016, 12:20 am

Don't forget to register your drone with the FAA  

http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=19856&cid=TW378
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! January 2nd 2016, 4:07 am

People all over my hood are losing their drones. We have a neighborhood website and there are multiple posts about it. Seems like you gotta make sure you keep the drone within the radio range or they just fly off on their own and you never find them again
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake January 2nd 2016, 5:51 am

Tanfan! wrote:People all over my hood are losing their drones. We have a neighborhood website and there are multiple posts about it.  Seems like you gotta make sure you keep the drone within the radio range or they just fly off on their own and you never find them again

Man I wish we could get that lucky with a few posters.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno January 2nd 2016, 7:27 am

Just get one of these.

I want a new drone 635871806585614228-123115-dy-MSU-CottonBowl0249
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay January 2nd 2016, 10:17 am

The idea of a gazillion drones flying all over, delivering takeout food and packages for UPS and Amazon is terrifying. Say goodbye to peace and quiet and say hello to high-pitched whines like mosquito automatons everywhere.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest January 2nd 2016, 10:35 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I got a cheap-o one for Christmas from my BIL/SIL and it's fun as fuck. I have sought long and hard for a reason to buy a nice one over the years but couldn't come up with one. I have one now - they're fun as fuck.

I want it to be easy to fly and I want the battery to last more than 5-7 minutes. Also thinking I don't really want to spend more than like $500 or so. Any recs? I probably won't use it very much to film stuff because I don't really do anything very exciting but flying them is fun.

Best Drones For Sale and Why

This guide will hopefully take you through all of the best ready-to-fly drones for sale. It should also give you a reason to pick one over the other.

There are a lot of spammy websites nowadays, some trying to sell you quadcopters through affiliate links just to make a profit. So I’ve decided to put together a “proper” buyers’ guide for ready-to-fly multirotors.

In my opinion, there are four key factors that make a good ready-to-fly multirotor. Each model was picked based on features, quality, ease of use and value. Although this is a numbered list based on which models I personally like the most, that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t consider all of them when buying your first drone. Everyone has different needs and reasons for wanting one over the other, so just keep that in mind when looking at drone reviews online.

I don't many equipped with hard points for bombs yet, that's when the world will get interesting.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer January 2nd 2016, 10:47 am

tGreenWay wrote:The idea of a gazillion drones flying all over, delivering takeout food and packages for UPS and Amazon is terrifying. Say goodbye to peace and quiet and say hello to high-pitched whines like mosquito automatons everywhere.  
Having done some trap shooting and really enjoying it, I'm looking forward to the day when these things are regularly buzzing over my deck. I'm guessing you could bring one down with a slingshot, no problem. That I could harvest a pizza or some Amazon Prime from them makes it even better.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! January 2nd 2016, 11:18 am

Gomer wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The idea of a gazillion drones flying all over, delivering takeout food and packages for UPS and Amazon is terrifying. Say goodbye to peace and quiet and say hello to high-pitched whines like mosquito automatons everywhere.  
Having done some trap shooting and really enjoying it, I'm looking forward to the day when these things are regularly buzzing over my deck. I'm guessing you could bring one down with a slingshot, no problem. That I could harvest a pizza or some Amazon Prime from them makes it even better.

gaymer, we all look forward to the day you shoot someone's drone and the owner finds you and then shoots you. In the meantime, I really need some help here with decorating the house. Paint colors and backsplash ideas would be appreciated. Many thanks and NTTAWT regarding your homosexual tendencies. I am sure you can hit up another gay website and post some of those pics in this thread for all of us. tongue
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno January 2nd 2016, 11:24 am

Gomer wrote:

For that reason, I don't think we'll ever see drones delivering stuff. Plus...what if it's raining or snowing, or the thing gets attacked by birds? Not practical.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay January 2nd 2016, 11:27 am

Gomer wrote:

I want a new drone 502811600 Hadn't thought of it that way. I like it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay January 2nd 2016, 11:29 am

NigelUno wrote:
Gomer wrote:

For that reason, I don't think we'll ever see drones delivering stuff. Plus...what if it's raining or snowing, or the thing gets attacked by birds? Not practical.

No doubt one will fly into the back of Elaine Benes' head. Never seen that before; drone flying into a lady's head.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer January 15th 2016, 10:18 pm

I want a new drone Dronecatcher

Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante January 16th 2016, 10:46 am

One of my favorite Heuey Lewis and The News songs.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay January 16th 2016, 4:55 pm

Rocinante wrote:One of my favorite Heuey Lewis and The News songs.

I want a new drone 502811600 Just came here to post the same thing. Jackass.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry January 16th 2016, 5:13 pm

Gomer wrote:
Cool (cold) MTU vid.

Side note: Dad played hockey (goalie) for Michigan Tech in the late 40's. My sis graduated from Tech too.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH January 16th 2016, 6:59 pm

Rocinante wrote:One of my favorite Huey Lewis and The News songs.

And yet you didn't post it? Rolling Eyes

SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags January 16th 2016, 7:38 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Gomer wrote:
Cool (cold) MTU vid.

Side note: Dad played hockey (goalie) for Michigan Tech in the late 40's. My sis graduated from Tech too.

That's very cool. I'm trying to figure out how I can use it for evil.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down