Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everybody wants to make America great again

3 posters

Go down

Everybody wants to make America great again Empty Everybody wants to make America great again

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-07, 13:54

Is our current state of perceived extreme political polarization real? If so, how long can it last? If it is real, do not expect much to happen in terms of progress. The system is not designed to overcome crisis or prolonged stalemates brought about by extreme ideological conviction. Our system hinges on compromise. However, we seem to be drifting towards a more ideological divided society. If this is real and permanent, it does not seem like current political institutions can accommodate this change.

The Pugnacious, Relentless Progressive Party That Wants to Remake America
The Working Families Party has pushed the political debate to the left in the states where it’s already active. Now—in the era of Occupy and Bernie Sanders—it’s ready to take that fight nationwide.

From Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, to the Black Lives Matter movement and recent social-justice protests on college campuses, the activist left is enjoying a prominence not seen since the 1970s. The largest proportion of Americans now identify as “liberal” since Gallup began asking the question in 1992. As both cause and symptom of this moment, the WFP represents a sign of things to come for a Democratic Party still in the early stages of wrestling over what form it will take in the post-Obama era.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/01/working-families-party/422949/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Everybody wants to make America great again Empty Re: Everybody wants to make America great again

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-07, 13:57

OK - I may have to abandon my life motto and actually do something. WTF Turtleneck?
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Everybody wants to make America great again Empty Re: Everybody wants to make America great again

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-07, 13:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:OK - I may have to abandon my life motto and actually do something. WTF Turtleneck?

Don't do that! You might strain yourself.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down