Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already?

+13
DoogieHouser
The_Dude
steveschneider
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
AnomanderRake
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
Giant Moose
Other Teams Pursuing That
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already? Empty Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-08, 13:08

Don't get me wrong, there's a time and place for my friends and I to go downtown and get drunk and get shut down by girls.

With that said, I find myself preferring to go to a party, stay at a house, get drunk, and play cards or whatever. Yeah, you don't get the wide range of people and trim available but I usually end up having a better time. The bars are usually crowded as hell, rubbing against too many fucking walmart wolverines that wear axe spray, paying for an overpriced, shitty, rum and coke, and overall, just seems like a hassle to drink. Oh, and don't even get me started on having to pay to get into a bar, to pay for drinks. Da fuq?

Yeah, it all depends on the place I guess but in general, I find myself preferring to drink with my close group of friends and whoever else wants to join, and seeing where the night takes us whether it's drinking games, cards, or just listening to music and talking. What do you think tSwill? Find better bars to go to, or am I on to something here?

Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already? 969504605 Happy Friday.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already? Empty Re: Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already?

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-08, 13:09

Well, you are retired so it only makes sense that you prefer the old man lifestyle.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already? Empty Re: Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-08, 13:11

I don't know. That's how I feel about it but I'm like 8 years older than you. Give or take.

Also, have you tried getting drunk in a thread on the swill with wbh but otherwise being totally alone? That's a good time. You should do it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-08, 13:13

Drinking out is expensive. When you become a real drinker you start to realize this. I was in my 30s when I reduced my "going out" drinking so, yeah you're a little young compared to me, but that just means your smart. Or an alcoholic.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-01-08, 13:14

I like drinking regardless of social environment.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-08, 13:15

Idea.

There's gotta be some kind of snow event coming soon, right? Like the kind where it will be unreasonable for anyone to venture out of their homes. We should all get drunk together on the internet that day. It will be very fun. And sorta sad. But more fun than sad.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 13:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Don't get me wrong, there's a time and place for my friends and I to go downtown and get drunk and get shut down by girls.

With that said, I find myself preferring to go to a party, stay at a house, get drunk, and play cards or whatever. Yeah, you don't get the wide range of people and trim available but I usually end up having a better time. The bars are usually crowded as hell, rubbing against too many fucking walmart wolverines that wear axe spray, paying for an overpriced, shitty, rum and coke, and overall, just seems like a hassle to drink. Oh, and don't even get me started on having to pay to get into a bar, to pay for drinks. Da fuq?

Yeah, it all depends on the place I guess but in general, I find myself preferring to drink with my close group of friends and whoever else wants to join, and seeing where the night takes us whether it's drinking games, cards, or just listening to music and talking. What do you think tSwill? Find better bars to go to, or am I on to something here?

Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already? 969504605 Happy Friday.

You need to find different bars, OTPT.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-08, 13:19

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Don't get me wrong, there's a time and place for my friends and I to go downtown and get drunk and get shut down by girls.

He just needs to move to a real city with a real nightlife that has young professionals.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-08, 13:20

it probably just means you're growing up a little bit.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 13:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

A little. But it's not like he is getting to an age where he needs to go out and find a job.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-08, 13:22

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it probably just means you're growing up a little bit.

A little. But it's not like he is getting to an age where he needs to go out and find a job.
yeah, he's not quite that grown up, yet..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-08, 13:27

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you broke, right?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-08, 13:27

Downtown EL or Lansing?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-08, 13:27

Giant Moose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

He just needs to move to a real city with a real nightlife that has young professionals.

I'm in Grand Rapids right now. Which I find a little stale for my liking, how does Denver or Austin sound?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-08, 13:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Or you're stuck on the miserable midwest...
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-08, 13:29

Blanch32 wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you broke, right?

At the moment, kinda, yeah. But, this has been a long time coming.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-08, 13:31

Translation: Unemployment has left me penniless, and cheap beer and cheaper women still cost money.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 13:31

Blanch32 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:it probably just means you're growing up a little bit.

Really wish I could live in Charlotte, North Carolina. Charlotte is the cultural pulse of America.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-08, 13:31

Find one where you can become a regular. At a certain point the loud ass, crowded bar scene becomes old as you get older.

Find one where you can relax and enjoy a pint. That's my .02
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-08, 13:32

Turtleneck wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Really wish I could live in Charlotte, North Carolina. Charlotte is the cultural pulse of America.

Everything's up to date in Charlotte, NC. They've gone about as far as they can go.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-08, 13:32

Turtleneck wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

the best thing about Charlotte is that it's about 2 hours from Asheville.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-08, 13:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Blanch32 wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but you broke, right?

At the moment, kinda, yeah. But, this has been a long time coming.

Well I would agree then. Being broke and going to the bar indeed sucks.

....and stop going to da club or jersey shore. Try out
Your neighborhood bar. Those are the best anyway. No girls sadly. At least attractive ones
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-08, 13:33

Turtleneck wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

All kinds of transplants. Even peeps from cali, so yes
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-08, 13:34

To the guys playing the job/broke card: I've been doing a lot more expensive shit than going out to the bar one night. So that doesn't really logically explain this, does it?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-08, 13:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

the best thing about Charlotte is that it's about 2 hours from Asheville.

I didn't realize bob loved yuppies, tourist, and redic traffic. No place to ride your bike downtown
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 13:35

Blanch32 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You sound really boring. Like the most boring person ever.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-08, 13:36

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Everything's up to date in Charlotte, NC. They've gone about as far as they can go.

There's a new ciderry I've been meaning to check out. Stop light party tonight too at the 90s bar
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-08, 13:36

In short...yes.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-08, 13:36

Turtleneck wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

You sound really boring. Like the most boring person ever.

Nigel is proud
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 13:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:To the guys playing the job/broke card: I've been doing a lot more expensive shit than going out to the bar one night. So that doesn't really logically explain this, does it?

You need to ask Uncle Bob to stop by the EL public library and leave you some of his allowance.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-08, 13:41

....and for those of you arguing mi is better than charlotte. You just can't. Stop it or keep embarrassing yourself
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-08, 13:44

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:To the guys playing the job/broke card: I've been doing a lot more expensive shit than going out to the bar one night. So that doesn't really logically explain this, does it?

You need to ask Uncle Bob to stop by the EL public library and leave you some of his allowance.
Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already? 502811600

the first time was on me.. the second time I'll need a little somethin' somethin' in the bathroom.. Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already? 3434560931
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-08, 13:45

Turtleneck wrote:

It's the least he can do after I rigged the pick'em for him to make the finals.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-08, 13:47

Move to Chicago.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-08, 13:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already? 502811600

the first time was on me.. the second time I'll need a little somethin' somethin' in the bathroom.. Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already? 3434560931

Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already? Seabass-dumb-and-dumber
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-08, 13:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You name the bathroom and I'll be there Bob.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-08, 13:51

Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already? 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-08, 13:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Am I too young to be losing interest in going out to the bars already? 502811600

Fuck you guy, that's my money!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-08, 13:56

We'll see who earns it ho.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-08, 13:58

guys, settle down.. I might be 46 years old, but there is enough of the Bobby Sak Disco Stick to go around.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next