Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch?

+25
Oops Thats not right
Three_Putt_Par
SawGreen
tig ol bitties
Chitown_Badger
Loose Stools
StylesGShmooth
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
Stoops21
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Cosmo_Kramer
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
Nommad2
MasonGuy
Robert J Sakimano
gvsparty
BtothejizA
dubie7006
Cym Jim
Cameron
maizegoblue
MJ
29 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What professional "sports" do you refuse to watch? (It is multiple choice)

Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_lcap1%Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_lcap4%Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 6 ]
Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_lcap5%Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 7 ]
Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_lcap21%Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 31 ]
Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_lcap25%Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 37 ]
Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_lcap20%Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 29 ]
Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_lcap7%Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 10 ]
Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_lcap7%Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 10 ]
[ 10 ]
Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_lcap3%Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 146

Poll closed

Poll Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch?

Post by MJ Sun 11 May 2014 - 22:06

Is there a league you refuse to watch? Why?

Have you ever watched the sport?  What made you give it up?

Seems like everyone has one sport they just refuse to watch.

And I forgot the MLS, but not sure how many people watch it as is.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Poll Re: Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch?

Post by maizegoblue Sun 11 May 2014 - 22:12

Outside of Lebron, I very rarely watch the NBA. The games are so boring, nobody tries or plays defense until the last few minutes.
maizegoblue
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun 11 May 2014 - 22:17

For myself, I loved the NBA growing up until around high school. Played for 2 years in high school, realized what a joke NBA officials were becoming slowly wore myself off of it. Haven't watched the NBA since like 2006.

MMA/UFC, went to a buddies during one of the early PPV fights, just thought it was boring as shit.

Nascar, LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, PIT, LEFT, LEFT, LEFT,  Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 12 May 2014 - 0:43

gHost Spartan wrote:Generally, I don't watch NBA or NHL but I will watch playoff games. But right now I couldn't tell you which teams were in the playoffs in either league.

I call bullshit. I guarantee that if you gave your honest best guess, you could name at least two current NBA playoff teams.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Mon 12 May 2014 - 0:53

Cameron wrote:

I call bullshit. I guarantee that if you gave your honest best guess, you could name at least two current NBA playoff teams.

I know I couldn't, but then again I'd struggle to name two NBA teams "period" - as you folks say. Los Angeles Lollipops?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon 12 May 2014 - 1:03

Cym Jim wrote:

I know I couldn't, but then again I'd struggle to name two NBA teams "period" - as you folks say. Los Angeles Lollipops?

Well, if you could name two, you might get two of the right ones. Although neither the Lakers nor Celtics made the playoffs this year, so maybe not, as those are probably the two most recognizable NBA franchises (maybe the Knicks are up there too, but they've been eliminated). Maybe I'm way off here, but I feel like the Heat and the Spurs would be among the top 8 guesses (eight being the number of playoff teams still alive) of people who have any interest in sports at all or any passing knowledge of the NBA. The Clippers have also been in the non-sports news rather a lot recently, so I suspect a lot of people would correctly name them as well.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Mon 12 May 2014 - 1:37

NBA, MMA, Boxing for me. Never been into basketball, can't really tolerate MMA or Boxing. If I'm at a bar and it's on, I'll watch, but I definitely don't go out of my way.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA Mon 12 May 2014 - 1:45

lol @ NBA tied with Nascar.

Nascar is the only thing that I would rather turn the TV off than watch. NFL, NBA, MLB, UFC and big boxing matches are the only things that I make an effort to watch.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tig ol bitties Mon 12 May 2014 - 1:52

won't watch nascar or mma on TV.  No way I would ever go to an event.

I watch  the NFL, but I wouldn't want to attend a game.  Way too many trashy folks attend NFL games these days.
tig ol bitties
tig ol bitties
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Mon 12 May 2014 - 2:09

Quite a comical poll on the day when 10 US channels showed live English Premier League soccer games, multiple others showed live Spanish, German, Italian and Mexican league games, followed by several more showing live MLS games. 

Nothing to see here! Hockey is way more important!
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by dubie7006 Mon 12 May 2014 - 2:21

Cym Jim wrote:Quite a comical poll on the day when 10 US channels showed live English Premier League soccer games, multiple others showed live Spanish, German, Italian and Mexican league games, followed by several more showing live MLS games. 

Oh come on. The teams getting relegated were already decided. And, let's be honest, who gives a fvkk about them. If Man City had played Liverpool for the title, I'd say you at least have an argument. Please recall what country you're talking about and soccer's place in it. And this is coming from an EPL fan.
dubie7006
dubie7006
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by gvsparty Mon 12 May 2014 - 2:27

NASCAR and MMA/UFC for sure. I rarely watch the NBA but I don't refuse to watch it by any means. I'll usually catch a few playoff games and definitely will watch the Warriors when they're on TV. NHL is pretty similar to the NBA for me.
gvsparty
gvsparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon 12 May 2014 - 2:38

Cym Jim wrote:Quite a comical poll on the day when 10 US channels showed live English Premier League soccer games, multiple others showed live Spanish, German, Italian and Mexican league games, followed by several more showing live MLS games. 

If you read my opening post I said I forgot the MLS someone voted before I could change it.

Also there was 10 channels with soccer on today?  Why?

I can't stand watching the EPL, MLS or any of those leagues.  Love the international game tho and can't wait for June 16th.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA Mon 12 May 2014 - 3:50

Not on Sportscenter = nobody cares.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA Mon 12 May 2014 - 3:58

BtothejizA wrote:

Not on Sportscenter = nobody cares.

Oh god, it is on SC.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR GREAT COUNTRY?

Seriously though, Nascar is more fun to watch than soccer. They crash more frequently than goals are scored.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon 12 May 2014 - 4:47

NBA. I only watch for former MSU players. A substantial number of games are meaningless, and come across like a glorified practice.

I don't see any other sport on the list that compares. In each of the others, there is a least some aspect where there is something meaningful brought to the table at every event (I.e. the pitcher in baseball).
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Mon 12 May 2014 - 9:46

dubie7006 wrote:
Please recall what country you're talking about and soccer's place in it.
Certainly. ESPN and Fox just coughed up $720 million just for the MLS TV rights for the next few years. The MLS! 

MLS TV deal worth $720m
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 May 2014 - 9:52

You all are fucking weirdos. Hockey and soccer are ghay as ****.  Basketball, football, UFC, boxing and baseball (last of the 5) are for real men.

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265---3.0--- on Mon 12 May 2014 - 9:54; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 12 May 2014 - 9:54

can't watch hockey of any sort.. not much of an NBA guy either. NASCAR isn't a "sport" so it doesn't even belong in the discussion.

golf is good background noise to nap to...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy Mon 12 May 2014 - 10:01

There are no sports I refuse to watch. I never watched soccer until I spent some time with my son-in-law. Scholie soccer boy to North Carolina then tore his achilles and didn't spend a day in a uniform. Knows the games, the players, the strategy, etc. We didn't miss a game for about two weeks straight and it was all good.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 Mon 12 May 2014 - 10:34

I only like football and college basketball. I like some baseball, but only in small amounts, mostly just Tigers. Same with golf. Everything else - meh.
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 12 May 2014 - 10:49

NBA just seems too rigged. Until they can improve the officiating in the sport, I won't watch it.

Tim Donaghy has a corny youtube channel now, but he highlights some over the top big time bull shit calls where it looks like the fix is in.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 12 May 2014 - 10:55

The only league I refuse to watch is neckcar.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Mon 12 May 2014 - 10:59

MJ wrote:For myself, I loved the NBA growing up until around high school.  Played for 2 years in high school, realized what a joke NBA officials were becoming slowly wore myself off of it.  Haven't watched the NBA since like 2006.  

MMA/UFC, went to a buddies during one of the early PPV fights, just thought it was boring as shit.  

Nascar, LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, LEFT, PIT, LEFT, LEFT, LEFT,  Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 

Voted for and agree on all counts. NBA is a bunch of overpaid douches with a set of skills that are way below that of their predecessors from the mid-90s. The NBA has gone downhill since the mid-90s, actually.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 12 May 2014 - 11:01

**** Soccer and bugger off you nit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by maizegoblue Mon 12 May 2014 - 11:04

SpartanDawgs265---3.0--- wrote:You all are fucking weirdos. Hockey and soccer are ghay as ****.  Basketball, football, UFC, boxing and baseball (last of the 5) are for real men.

How is hockey "ghay"?
maizegoblue
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 12 May 2014 - 11:08

Some people will never give up hope. It's cute, but most American's just cannot get on board with watching soccer. I remember when David Beckham was going to put soccer on the map in the US. How did that work out? Soccer is boring. It's not as boring as NASCAR, golf, or this MMA stuff, but it is still boring. However, the book "How Soccer Explains the World" is awesome, and the global reach of soccer is pretty amazing. It's just not something we like in the US. I don't know why people get upset about that.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 12 May 2014 - 11:22

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

Voted for and agree on all counts. NBA is a bunch of overpaid douches with a set of skills that are way below that of their predecessors from the mid-90s. The NBA has gone downhill since the mid-90s, actually.

Two different eras and hard to compare the two. The athleticism now is greater. The game is way faster and more athletic than it was back then.

I agree though that the reffing and super star treatment so many players get has ruined the game. I saw a clip of the Nets game the other night and there was a bit of a scrum and I swear you could see that someone threw a punch. Might have been Alan Anderson.

Why is Zack Randolph suspended but no one is suspended for this play? There's no consistency in the NBA. I think the league makes a lot of decisions based on their own interests which is promoting bigger markets or the super stars.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 12 May 2014 - 11:41

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

Link to this fact that the Nba has gone downhill?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon 12 May 2014 - 16:14

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

I'd agree with that, I just wasn't old enough or wise enough to understand that until around 2006. It was a terrible game on a quick decline, now its just a bunch of pussies bitching and moaning more then European soccer players.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon 12 May 2014 - 16:17

SpartanDawgs265---3.0--- wrote:You all are fucking weirdos. Hockey and soccer are ghay as ****.  Basketball, football, UFC, boxing and baseball (last of the 5) are for real men.

Funny 2 of the 3 things you post about are 2 of the 3 people on this board can't stand.

Maybe you should look in the mirror to realize the weirdo.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Mon 12 May 2014 - 16:31

gHost Spartan wrote:Generally, I don't watch NBA or NHL but I will watch playoff games. But right now I couldn't tell you which teams were in the playoffs in either league.

Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? 275039d1296927923-chicago-blackhawks-ice-crew-securedownload1

Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? 1486952199 Which professional sports league(s) do you refuse to watch? 3493939353

Last edited by Chitown_Badger on Mon 12 May 2014 - 16:37; edited 1 time in total
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 Mon 12 May 2014 - 16:34

NASCAR is self explanatory

MLB-162 games at 3-4 hours a piece with 30 foul balls or more a game. I love playing baseball but it's boring as all hell to watch.

NBA is rigged and the players are lazy pieces of trash
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Mon 12 May 2014 - 16:40

I'll watch anything.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon 12 May 2014 - 16:52

I guess NASCAR is the least likely that I would watch, though "refuse to watch" seems a little extreme, as there are always circumstances that I would watch something.

I'd watch pretty much anything live. And on TV, if there's something compelling, maybe even the last couple of laps of an exciting race, I may watch.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon 12 May 2014 - 17:16

steveschneider wrote:
NBA just seems too rigged. Until they can improve the officiating in the sport, I won't watch it.

Tim Donaghy has a corny youtube channel now, but he highlights some over the top big time bull shit calls where it looks like the fix is in.

This, I've contended for some time that the NBA is on the path to be the next WWE.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Mon 12 May 2014 - 17:19

I don't refuse to watch any sport. I don't care much for a few or follow them. Only really make a point to watch NFL, UFC & NBA/MLB playoffs. Over the years I've noticed I developed into more of a fan of my teams more than a sports fan in general.

I must say I hate that guys like Adreian Payne & Gary Harris worked so hard to acheive their goal of making it to the NBA and now are gonna be douches and lazy pieces of trash. Sucks that DayDay, Alan Anderson, JRich & Z-Bo already made that transition and forgot how to play defense to boot. I also feel bad for superstar college players like Fredette or Morrison who were such prolific scoreres in the NCAA but completely forgot how to score which is the only logical conclusion for why they can't sniff the court in a league that plays no D.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Mon 12 May 2014 - 17:21

Ah, the NBA officiating. Forgot about that. Terrible and totally rigged. It's a good thing NCAA hoops has awesome officials and there's not a thread after every single game about the refs screwing MSU.

They should ship those NCAA fuckers to the NBA, clean that league up.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Loose Stools Mon 12 May 2014 - 17:37

Cameron wrote:

I can't.  I think one of the California teams, but that is as close as I can come (pretty sure the Pistons didn't make it, though).
Loose Stools
Loose Stools
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger Mon 12 May 2014 - 17:51

StylesGShmooth wrote:I don't refuse to watch any sport.  I don't care much for a few or follow them.  Only really make a point to watch NFL, UFC & NBA/MLB playoffs.  Over the years I've noticed I developed into more of a fan of my teams more than a sports fan in general.

I must say I hate that guys like Adreian Payne & Gary Harris worked so hard to acheive their goal of making it to the NBA and now are gonna be douches and lazy pieces of trash.  Sucks that DayDay, Alan Anderson, JRich & Z-Bo already made that transition and forgot how to play defense to boot.  I also feel bad for superstar college players like Fredette or Morrison who were such prolific scoreres in the NCAA but completely forgot how to score which is the only logical conclusion for why they can't sniff the court in a league that plays no D.  

I'm not a fan of the NBA, but those dudes play some D in the playoffs. I think a lot of times, the players are so damn good that no defense can stop them, but they're getting after it. I admit it's definitely a little different during the regular season.
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next