Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFB Historians: Has any player ever won a national championship with two different teams?

5 posters

Go down

CFB Historians: Has any player ever won a national championship with two different teams? Empty CFB Historians: Has any player ever won a national championship with two different teams?

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 22:19

First, when was the last time Alabama did not have a QB with this stupid haircut?

CFB Historians: Has any player ever won a national championship with two different teams? 7_1162323

Ok, the point of this thread. When FSU won the title in 2013, Coker was on the roster. He was injured, but he was on the FSU roster. If Alabama wins Monday, it will be Coker's 2nd title at his 2nd school? Will this be a first?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

CFB Historians: Has any player ever won a national championship with two different teams? Empty Re: CFB Historians: Has any player ever won a national championship with two different teams?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-09, 22:22

Cam I think.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

CFB Historians: Has any player ever won a national championship with two different teams? Empty Re: CFB Historians: Has any player ever won a national championship with two different teams?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-09, 22:23

Yes, Newton did. With Urbz at Florida and then obviously at Auburn.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-09, 22:24

J.T. White won a football championship at Ohio State in 1942 and then at Michigan in 1947.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 22:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Cam I think.

He might have left UF before that season ended. Not sure. Wish there was a way for me to look this stuff up. Maybe Travis will do the leg work.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-09, 22:26

I did the finger flexing for ya Turts. UF won the NC in 2008.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/cam-newton-1.html
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-09, 22:28

Turtleneck wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Cam I think.

He might have left UF before that season ended. Not sure. Wish there was a way for me to look this stuff up. Maybe Travis will do the leg work.

Wikipedia says that he announced he was going to transfer 3 days before the national championship game that year. So, I'm ruling that we aren't going to count that for these purposes.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 22:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I did the finger flexing for ya Turts. UF won the NC in 2008.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/cam-newton-1.html

I know they won in 09, but this is why I thought he had already left by the time the actual title game rolled around.

Instead, Florida suspended Newton from the team after he got caught stealing a laptop. Newton announced his intention to transfer just three days before the team won a national championship against Oklahoma, spending the ’09 season playing for Blinn College (and head coach Brad Franchione, son of former Alabama and Texas A&M coach Dennis Franchione), Newton became an instant star, elevating himself into a five-star recruit.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/best-sec-players-last-decade-2-cam-newton/

Not sure if that is true. He was on the roster and played that season, but if true, was he at the game?

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-01-09, 22:34; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 22:33

J.T. White

Confirmed.

How are we ruling on Cam?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-09, 22:34

I guess I figured if he played that year, he had to be counted on the official roster. You know, records and history and stuff. Just my thoughts.

Also, because I think this ensemble needs more love.

CFB Historians: Has any player ever won a national championship with two different teams? Cam-Newton-Slippers-Leggins
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 22:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I guess I figured if he played that year, he had to be counted on the official roster. You know, records and history and stuff. Just my thoughts.

Also, because I think this ensemble needs more love.

CFB Historians: Has any player ever won a national championship with two different teams? Cam-Newton-Slippers-Leggins

Photoshop

If he announced his transfer and left the program, he was not part of an actual national championship. He was only part of a national championship year. Two different things. But since he was with the team the whole year right up to the title game, we can count him. He might have even been at the title game. I do not know.

So we have Cam and Nigel's guy. I forgot his name. He went to UM and OSU so he was probably a terrible person.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-01-09, 22:58; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-09, 22:38

NigelUno wrote:J.T. White won a football championship at Ohio State in 1942 and then at Michigan in 1947.

James Taylor?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down