Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does FlexSeal actually work or is it snake oil?

+6
DWags
Floyd Robertson
CheesySpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Gomer
Rocinante
10 posters

Go down

Does FlexSeal actually work or is it snake oil? Empty Does FlexSeal actually work or is it snake oil?

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 02:57 pm

Long time listener, first time caller. Love the show.

I have a drippy gutter at a corner seam and it annoys the crap out of me when the ice starts melting. Figured if this shit works I'd spray some on the area the next day it warms near/above 40°, until I can put in a better fix later in the spring.

Thanks. I'll hang up and listen.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Does FlexSeal actually work or is it snake oil? Empty Re: Does FlexSeal actually work or is it snake oil?

Post by Rocinante 16/01/16, 02:59 pm

I don't know.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does FlexSeal actually work or is it snake oil? Empty Re: Does FlexSeal actually work or is it snake oil?

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 02:59 pm

Rocinante wrote:I don't know.

Thank-you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/01/16, 03:02 pm

Buy it and report back for the rest of us. Quit being a pussy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer 16/01/16, 03:03 pm

It's spray on rubber in a can so it ought to work.  Reviews at Amazon seem to indicate it does work.  It won't be the prettiest repair... but should be fine to make the inside of a gutter stop dripping.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 03:10 pm

Gomer wrote:It's spray on rubber in a can so it ought to work.  Reviews at Amazon seem to indicate it does work.  It won't be the prettiest repair... but should be fine to make the inside of a gutter stop dripping.

Solid post. +1
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 03:11 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Buy it and report back for the rest of us. Quit being a pussy.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 16/01/16, 03:19 pm

tGreenWay wrote:Long time listener, first time caller. Love the show.

Does FlexSeal actually work or is it snake oil? 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 04:18 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Long time listener, first time caller. Love the show.

+1
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/01/16, 04:24 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

+1

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 16/01/16, 04:32 pm

Get some silicone caulk...much better option imo
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/01/16, 04:33 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:Get some silicone caulk...much better option imo

Lol he said silicone caulk.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 04:42 pm

Yep, if I can locate the specific spot of leak I'll go with Travis' favorite--black silicone caulk. Otherwise, I'll shotgun spray it with this rubber in a can as a short-term solution (unless it works enough that I don't need to drop black caulk on it).
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/01/16, 04:43 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Yep, if I can locate the specific spot of leak I'll go with Travis' favorite--black silicone caulk. Otherwise, I'll shotgun spray it with this rubber in a can as a short-term solution (unless it works enough that I don't need to drop black caulk on it).

I'll give you some silicone caulk.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 04:52 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'll give you some silicone caulk.

Not after you've used it. Yuck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/01/16, 06:05 pm

I've seen the commercials and can't believe they would lie. I can't vouch for FlexSeal though since I've never used it.

In other news I can vouch for FlexAll, I had a pretty severe case of plantar fasciitis this fall and had given up much
hope of finding anything to relieve the pain until I tried rubbing some of that shit in my foot one night. Literally it
was a miracle, after 2 weeks of limping around I was cured within 24 hours. The pain never returned.

I thought that might help when you fall off the ladder and on your ass while trying to fix the gutter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 16/01/16, 06:08 pm

I can't vouch for Flex Seal but I can vouch for my Dremel Flex Shaft.

Does FlexSeal actually work or is it snake oil? 128501
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 06:39 pm

LooseGoose wrote:I've seen the commercials and can't believe they would lie. I can't vouch for FlexSeal though since I've never used it.

In other news I can vouch for FlexAll, I had a pretty severe case of plantar fasciitis this fall and had given up much
hope of finding anything to relieve the pain until I tried rubbing some of that shit in my foot one night. Literally it
was a miracle, after 2 weeks of limping around I was cured within 24 hours. The pain never returned.

I thought that might help when you fall off the ladder and on your ass while trying to fix the gutter.

I agree about the commercials. If it's allowed on tv, then it's got to be truth.
As for the Flexall, is that from the makers of Flexall 454? I used to use that years ago. Frankly, I'm shocked the makers haven't come out with a Flexall 455 or Flexall 456 by now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 06:41 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I can't vouch for Flex Seal but I can vouch for my Dremel Flex Shaft.

Does FlexSeal actually work or is it snake oil? 128501

Heh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 16/01/16, 07:14 pm

My kid and her pals used it on their cardboard boat regatta two years ago. They didn't win but got to the finals which meant three times in the pool for her team. It was pretty damn dry on the inside. I'd say it worked.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 08:19 pm

DWags wrote:My kid and her pals used it on their cardboard boat regatta two years ago. They didn't win but got to the finals which meant three times in the pool for her team. It was pretty damn dry on the inside. I'd say it worked.

Sweet! Good to know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 16/01/16, 08:23 pm

Do those penis pumps work? Asking for a friend.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 08:25 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Do those penis pumps work? Asking for a friend.

Ask Travis.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/01/16, 08:26 pm

They do. Don't get a cheap one.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 08:28 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They do. Don't get a cheap one.

You're responding to the wrong person. Kindly direct your answer to kingstonlake. Thanks a pantsful.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/01/16, 08:30 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They do. Don't get a cheap one.

You're responding to the wrong person. Kindly direct your answer to kingstonlake. Thanks a pantsful.

I was responding go both of you. Pay attention Greenway.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 08:39 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

I was responding go both of you. Pay attention Greenway.

How would either of us have known? In polite society, it is proper to preface your response with the name of person(s) to whom you are responding. On the savage web, it's also customary to include the complete query of the person doing the asking. It's about civility.

Here endeth the lesson.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/01/16, 08:41 pm

I hope you get cat aids
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 08:45 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I hope you get cat aids

I'm allergic to cats, therefore, I avoid cats, therefore, I cannot get cat AIDS.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/01/16, 08:46 pm

Doesn't mean you can't. You just actively try to avoid it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 08:46 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Doesn't mean you can't. You just actively try to avoid it.

I might mail some cat AIDS in the box with your cereal.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/01/16, 08:50 pm

I'm pretty sure that's against the law.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 09:15 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm pretty sure that's against the law.

Who is going to tell the cops? You'll be dead and they won't care because you had unprotected sex with a cat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/01/16, 09:16 pm

It's like unabomber shit. They really frown upon it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/01/16, 09:18 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I've seen the commercials and can't believe they would lie. I can't vouch for FlexSeal though since I've never used it.

I agree about the commercials. If it's allowed on tv, then it's got to be truth.
As for the Flexall, is that from the makers of Flexall 454? I used to use that years ago. Frankly, I'm shocked the makers haven't come out with a Flexall 455 or Flexall 456 by now.

No just the plain old FlexAll shit. I'm damned scared what would have happened to mu foot with that 454 stuff on it.

Does FlexSeal actually work or is it snake oil? 450
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 09:22 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It's like unabomber shit. They really frown upon it.

Have you seen the unabomber's shack? No chance he had a working toilet. Probably shit in a can or the woods.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 16/01/16, 09:24 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

+1

-Travis.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 09:25 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

No just the plain old FlexAll shit. I'm damned scared what would have happened to mu foot with that 454 stuff on it.

Does FlexSeal actually work or is it snake oil? 450

That new aspercreme with lidocaine works pretty well for soreness. Lidocaine patches work great, too, but they're prescription only.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 16/01/16, 09:25 pm

Probably why the unabomber had cat aids
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/01/16, 09:26 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Probably why the unabomber had cat aids

Betcha his classmate at um, Mann Coulter, mailed him cat AIDS.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down