Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just watched The Shining for the first time last night...

+9
Blanch32
steveschneider
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Dr. Strangelove
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Tim Wakefield
13 posters

Go down

Just watched The Shining for the first time last night... Empty Just watched The Shining for the first time last night...

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-01-26, 14:39

Wow. Think I had the chills the entire time. At the end I kinda felt like none of it happened at all, is that what you guys thought? Seemed like the director left it up to the viewer to interpret it for themselves. Great movie though, Jack was fantastic
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Just watched The Shining for the first time last night... Empty Re: Just watched The Shining for the first time last night...

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-26, 14:40

never seen it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Just watched The Shining for the first time last night... Empty Re: Just watched The Shining for the first time last night...

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-01-26, 14:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:never seen it.

Rolling Eyes
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-26, 14:43

Tim Wakefield wrote:Wow. Think I had the chills the entire time.  At the end I kinda felt like none of it happened at all, is that what you guys thought? Seemed like the director left it up to the viewer to interpret it for themselves. Great movie though, Jack was fantastic

Read the book. The ending is completely different. So much so it pissed Stephen King off.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-01-26, 14:43

Book was better. Shelley Duvall ruins that flick for me but the twin girls are creepy as hell
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-26, 14:45

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Book was better. Shelley Duvall ruins that flick for me but the twin girls are creepy as hell

She was horrible. I wish Nicholson would have bashed her brains in.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-26, 14:49

I always wanted to live on a few dozen acres and create that hedge maze. It'd be easy to hide a body in there.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-26, 14:49

I never finished the book and had to return it to the MSU lib. Fuck.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-26, 14:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I never finished the book and had to return it to the MSU lib. Fuck.

Just watched The Shining for the first time last night... 502811600 I'm seeing a pattern with you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-26, 14:52

xsanguine wrote:I always wanted to live on a few dozen acres and create that hedge maze. It'd be easy to hide a body in there.

Just watched The Shining for the first time last night... Maxresdefault
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-26, 14:53

Tim Wakefield wrote:Wow. Think I had the chills the entire time. At the end I kinda felt like none of it happened at all, is that what you guys thought? Seemed like the director left it up to the viewer to interpret it for themselves. Great movie though, Jack was fantastic

Could be the flu.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-26, 14:54

Or withdrawals... Stop shooting up so much, Tim.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-26, 14:54

tGreenWay wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I never finished the book and had to return it to the MSU lib. Fuck.

Just watched The Shining for the first time last night... 502811600 I'm seeing a pattern with you.

I'm going to finish Killing Pablo, I promise!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-26, 14:54

xsanguine wrote:I always wanted to live on a few dozen acres and create that hedge maze. It'd be easy to hide a body in there.

Wetlands work much better. So I hear.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-26, 14:57

Yeah, this is one of my favorite movies and book.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-26, 15:10

There's an even creepier doc about the film called room 237.

Regarding the shining what a mind blowing film. Jack's performance in it is unbelievable and so is Shelly's imo. Kubrik pushed her hard in that film.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-26, 15:10

Tim Wakefield wrote:Wow. Think I had the chills the entire time. At the end I kinda felt like none of it happened at all, is that what you guys thought? Seemed like the director left it up to the viewer to interpret it for themselves. Great movie though, Jack was fantastic

Strangle, I too watched it for the first time and had the complete opposite effect. Movie was entirely dated, and doesn't hold up to today's horror flicks. Meh at best
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-26, 15:12

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Book was better. Shelley Duvall ruins that flick for me but the twin girls are creepy as hell

Yea she sucked as an actress, but the girls could be way more creepy
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-26, 15:13

Blanch32 wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Wow. Think I had the chills the entire time.  At the end I kinda felt like none of it happened at all, is that what you guys thought? Seemed like the director left it up to the viewer to interpret it for themselves. Great movie though, Jack was fantastic

Strangle, I too watched it for the first time and had the complete opposite effect.   Movie was entirely dated, and doesn't hold up to today's horror flicks.  Meh at best

Today's horror flicks? Give me some suggestions because when I used to be more into them a few years ago - many of them sucked, bad.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-26, 15:15

They have drones for that kind of thing now xsang. It's not such a biggie anymore.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-26, 15:16

Blanch32 wrote:

Strangle, I too watched it for the first time and had the complete opposite effect. Movie was entirely dated, and doesn't hold up to today's horror flicks. Meh at best

Like just since this thread started? Did you watch it on fast forward?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-26, 15:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Strangle, I too watched it for the first time and had the complete opposite effect.   Movie was entirely dated, and doesn't hold up to today's horror flicks.  Meh at best

Today's horror flicks? Give me some suggestions because when I used to be more into them a few years ago - many of them sucked, bad.

Shit, I'm no expert on this bit start with the saw series.

Frankly, this movie reminded me more like eyes wide shut more than anything else.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-26, 15:31

Blanch32 wrote:

Frankly, this movie reminded me more like eyes wide shut more than anything else.

There are no words to explain how dumb this post is.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-26, 15:39

You just took the money out of the book and never read a word.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2016-01-26, 15:41

Blanch32 wrote:

i am embarrassed for the entire human race.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-26, 15:56

Just watched The Shining for the first time last night... 502811600

The fucking Saw series?! I didn't mind the first two - but after that, come the fuck on man.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-26, 16:00

Human centipede is scarier at first but then it gets sexy
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-01-26, 16:05

This was the first rated R movie I saw. I don't know what my parents were thinking. I had nightmares for years about it.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-01-26, 16:07

Blanch32 wrote:

What color is the sky in your world?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-26, 16:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just watched The Shining for the first time last night... 502811600

The fucking Saw series?! I didn't mind the first two - but after that, come the fuck on man.

Like I said, no expert, but did see those first two and that's it
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-26, 16:08

kingstonlake wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

What color is the sky in your world?

Definitely not vanilla cause that would majorly suck at the end
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-26, 23:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

They have drones for that kind of thing now xsang. It's not such a biggie anymore.

Come on, Travis. You know half the fun is getting your hands dirty.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down